Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Brooklyn man shot dead by off duty police officer

So, I did search for the suspects name, but came up empty, so sorry if this is a double post.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/04/road-ra...lly-shoot-man/
    http://nypost.com/2016/07/05/family-...rage-shooting/

How is this ok?

An off-duty cop shot and killed a 37-year-old man early Monday after a road-rage incident in Brooklyn, law enforcement sources told The Post.

The cop, a three-year veteran assigned to the 79th Precinct in Bedford-Stuyvesant, was driving at about 12:15 a.m. when he got into a beef with the other motorist, Delron “Smalls” Dempsey, in Cypress Hills, the sources said.

Both men pulled over in front of 2736 Atlantic Ave. and Dempsey got out of his silver Kia, approached the cop’s car and starting punching him through an open window as the officer remained seated, the sources said.

After he was struck in the face and head numerous times, the cop, fearing for his life, pulled out his weapon and fired three times, striking Dempsey at least once in the chest, sources added.

Dempsey died at the scene.

The unidentified cop, who was not in uniform, was taken to Jamaica Hospital, where he was treated for multiple facial injuries, the sources said.

Dempsey, a Jersey City resident, was on his way to a fireworks display with his wife and two kids when the deadly incident occurred, his brother told reporters shortly after the shooting.

“His wife was in the car with him, his two kids was with him,” Victor Dempsey told CBS 2. “They were going to see fireworks up by whatever park is in the neighborhood.”

“It has to stop. It’s not right that [cops] get a gun and a badge and they can do what they want to do.”

Dempsey’s relatives, who were at the scene, claimed he had been shot in the head.

“He’s dead. Lying here, no ambulance, no nothing,” said a cousin, refusing to be named.

“They shot him in the head.”

A Long Island woman who identified herself as the dead man’s mother-in-law said he was a cab driver but declined to comment further.

Police had the area marked off with crime-scene tape and were still investigating the incident.

At least three dozen officers remained on the scene as of 2 a.m.

Police officials had no immediate comment on the incident.

------------------------

My thoughts are, the guy had 19 arrests.. and he felt it was ok with his family present, including 2 children to go and start wailing on somebody in a car... is it sad he was shot? of course. would it be better if there was another outcome? absolutely.

But at the end of the day, the guy named Smalls started the entire thing. the driver had no idea if he had a weapon, if the punching would stop etc. and he reacted, I do not think for one second this was unlawful. if you get killed whilst breaking the law (assaulting somebody..) then there really is nobody to blame but that person.

Further to that, the family making threats like that, threatening to go after him themselves, is that in itself not a crime? that's threats of violence against an officer of the law..

So, thoughts?

and just for clarity, I think these things are not an epidemic, the media just likes to make them one. and they should be judged on a case by case basis.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    So a road rage incident leads to the victim getting out his car, and decides to viciously attack the other, who believed that his life was in danger used his weapon to defend himself.

New York Penal Code Artical 35 -
    a person may not use deadly force on another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is using or about to use deadly physical force. Also, the person may not use deadly force if they are able to retreat.
    The officer was unable to retreat due to being in a car - and considering the force used he must of felt that the intent from his attacker was clear which made him draw his weapon and fire.

I expect this will get taken through the courts, and it will be up to the officer to justify his actions and it could be that that he acted as per the Article of the Penal Code quoted above.

Its a shame road rage incidents can lead to this sort of thing, and it wouldnt of been as well covered as this if it wasnt a cop involved - as is the media these days.
    Last edited by Jaelian; 2016-07-06 at 08:15 AM.

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

10+ Year Old Account
    Scum assaulted the wrong guy. Shit family threatens the officer and then hires sketchy lawyer to cash in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaelian View Post
    So a road rage incident leads to the victim getting out his car, and decides to viciously attack the other, who believed that his life was in danger used his weapon to defend himself.

New York Penal Code Artical 35 -

The officer was unable to retreat due to being in a car - and considering the force used he must of felt that the intent from his attacker was clear which made him draw his weapon and fire.

I expect this will get taken through the courts, and it will be up to the officer to justify his actions and it could be that that he acted as per the Article of the Penal Code quoted above.

Its a shame road rage incidents can lead to this sort of thing, and it wouldnt of been as well covered as this if it wasnt a cop involved - as is the media these days.
    My area actually had a very similar incident about 2 weeks ago. Road rage, one of the parties was an off duty cop. Cop ended up killing the other party. Open and shut case. I guess it depends how much a writer needs a story. People shouldn't be getting in the road rage incidents in the first place, though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    “It has to stop. It’s not right that [cops] get a gun and a badge and they can do what they want to do.”
    For fucks sake. The cop didn't just walk out his door to find someone to shoot, he was assaulted while in his car with kids present.

The situation might have allowed him to escape the situation. I don't know how easy it would have been for him to attempt to start the car and drive away while being punched in the face, but whether or not it was an over-escalation it was clearly with the intent of self defense.

It's right that it's investigated properly, but it's blindingly biased to portray the guy who assaulted him as an innocent victim and the cop as a power-abusing murderer.

Deleted
    He didn du nuffin'

he a good boy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    For fucks sake. The cop didn't just walk out his door to find someone to shoot, he was assaulted while in his car with kids present.

The situation might have allowed him to escape the situation. I don't know how easy it would have been for him to attempt to start the car and drive away while being punched in the face, but whether or not it was an over-escalation it was clearly with the intent of self defense.

It's right that it's investigated properly, but it's blindingly biased to portray the guy who assaulted him as an innocent victim and the cop as a power-abusing murderer.
    Yeah, but didn't you know that a cop is always wrong?
    Putin khuliyo

Cop had his kids in the car right? yeah i see no problem here it's not like the cop just got out and randomly shot someone.

the fuck kind of name is delron?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    A black persons name obviously.

Why do they always try for the most stupid names possible?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good shit, I applaud the Policemen for removing yet another violent reject from Earth. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

I'm more partial to Dakwondrius

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Delron sounds like an Elf from Rivendell trying to be gangsta.

How is this not ok?
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    It's apparently Delrawn. Straight out of the big book of ghetto names.

And now his family is saying they're willing to hunt the cop down to get violent justice.

It's fucked up how they can't see how their attitudes are what lead to 19 arrests and his death.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    I'm more partial to Dakwondrius
    Airwrecka a best

15+ Year Old Account

I've never met a black person with any of those kinds of names. It seems to be culturally specific to US ghettos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I've never met a black person with any of those kinds of names. It seems to be culturally specific to US ghettos.
    Oh neither have I, but it's BLM retards who try to push this as "Black people culture" that really makes me question WTF is wrong with these people.

If they actually spell the names correctly then they are accused by other black people in said impoverished neighborhoods of being "too white". Wish I was lying but sadly I've seen it myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    If they actually spell the names correctly then they are accused by other black people in said impoverished neighborhoods of being "too white". Wish I was lying but sadly I've seen it myself.
    And people wonder why Black people in ghettos remain poor.