Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Doom Winds Unleashes the inner power of the Doomhammer, causing all auto attacks to trigger Windfury, and increasing damage dealt by Windfury by 400%--> 200% for 6 sec. Artifact. 100 yd range. Instant. 45 sec cooldown. 60 sec cooldown.

ouch?
    Hurts our maelstrom generation, I was finding it would come off cd just as I needed the boost at 45s.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Waiting for Wordup to talk about the changes. I know we needed nerfs along with warriors (they got them) and rogues (they got them as well) but I'm unsure about the doom winds change. What about the HS change, was that just a tooltip update? 1% of weapon damage to 0%? Assuming that's an error.

I'm glad they didn't change maelstrom generation. I honestly thought they were going to try that again.
    rogues got a slap on the wrist. warriors got decimated

mmoC always has a lot of things wrong (as in numbers), wowhead always has the correct numbers. waiting on them to release their version

http://www.wowhead.com/news=253997/l...3-data-updates
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2016-07-06 at 03:42 AM.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

That's not much of a nerf. Blizzard isn't nerfing the things that matter, they're just making Doom Winds feel less good. This means we're going to need yet another round of nerfs, and who knows what those idiots are going to break next. This is like the most trivial of math problems.

Honestly Blizzard is so full of incompetence it's hard to predict when they'll actually do something right. It seems like a 6 year old is in charge of everything at Blizzard HQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I'm not a huge fan of gutting our burst cooldown either. It was too good, but they hit it pretty damn hard. That's definitely not why we're so good right now, and just makes it feel like a shitty button overall.

On the bright side, Lava Lash got slightly less terrible in this build. Huzzah?

Why does blizzard keep double-nerfing things, often drilling it into the ground. Last time they nerfed maelstrom gen as well as stormstrike damage even though ss become infrequently used because of the resource nerf. Theyve since returned the stormstrike damage which proves it was unnecessary. And now they nerf doom winds' cd AND damage. Why not feel out half the nerf first, see what comes of it instead of jumping the gun and finding yourself having to go back and re-tweak.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttzkrieg View Post
    Why does blizzard keep double-nerfing things, often drilling it into the ground. Last time they nerfed maelstrom gen as well as stormstrike damage even though ss become infrequently used because of the resource nerf. Theyve since returned the stormstrike damage which proves it was unnecessary. And now they nerf doom winds' cd AND damage. Why not feel out half the nerf first, see what comes of it instead of jumping the gun and finding yourself having to go back and re-tweak.
    Blizzard is known for going overboard on everything. I think its called the Blizzard pendulum effect on the forums.

An example would be~ Way too many dailies in mop, reduce the number of dailies or dont gate gear behind it. What does blizzard do? Gets rid of rep dailies and any kind of dailies in WoD that actually felt worth it.

They tend to really over nerf things a lot. Like with elemental shaman. Doesnt need nerfs at all and is really behind the other casters but gets nerfed again this build. Cut the DW damage in half, sure, thats fine, but increasing the CD to 1 minute makes the ability less interesting or fun to press.

Keep in mind though, they did say our damage is going to be lower now due to Rockbiter coming off the GCD earlier than it should be as they posted in the forums, so I would expect a buff to something next build if our damage is affected that badly as Sigma said.

nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf, there should be a nerf gun named shaman and it just shoots air so everyone else can beat them =P

roflroflrofl
    Hi Sephurik

Gutted.

I honestly didn't expect a nerf this big.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Blizzard is known for going overboard on everything. I think its called the Blizzard pendulum effect on the forums.

An example would be~ Way too many dailies in mop, reduce the number of dailies or dont gate gear behind it. What does blizzard do? Gets rid of rep dailies and any kind of dailies in WoD that actually felt worth it.

They tend to really over nerf things a lot. Like with elemental shaman. Doesnt need nerfs at all and is really behind the other casters but gets nerfed again this build. Cut the DW damage in half, sure, thats fine, but increasing the CD to 1 minute makes the ability less interesting or fun to press.

Keep in mind though, they did say our damage is going to be lower now due to Rockbiter coming off the GCD earlier than it should be as they posted in the forums, so I would expect a buff to something next build if our damage is affected that badly as Sigma said.
    i playin wow since release. without interruption. and exactly this happened in every aspect of the game since day 1. i have no clue why blizz always "pendelum" from one extreme to another. but they always did and always will. in every fukin math aspect of the game, wether quests or classes or raids or whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i playin wow since release. without interruption. and exactly this happened in every aspect of the game since day 1. i have no clue why blizz always "pendelum" from one extreme to another. but they always did and always will. in every fukin math aspect of the game, wether quests or classes or raids or whatever.
    It's like they have 2 completly different dev teams, 1 only responsible for the cooldown duration and the other one for the dmg numbers and both get the instruction to nerf doom winds but won't talk to each other. It's been this way since Vanilla.

I just figured out how nice Enhancer is and wanted to try it, is there a website with guides how Enhancer can be played now, with talent specs etc.? Sure it's beta, but I just wanted to get a better picture of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Gutted.

I honestly didn't expect a nerf this big.
    well, it won't be the last. get used to it.

Deleted
    Plugging in the new numbers into wordups calc;

Prepatch; 281649
    Postpatch; 257768

Cant post links yet, but here are the links on imgur

Old: i.imgur.com/XRxUDJI.png
    New: i.imgur.com/VkvR3vh.png

To be fair, it was probably for the greater good. Rather have that nerf now and maybe a bit of tuning to later have a better synergized and interacting artifact.

There is still hope shamans!

We needed a nerf. I'm just unhappy about Doom Winds having its CD increased.

Feels fine after the nerf. Lava Lash deals more damage than Boulderfist now which is good (edit: it's actually about the same now).
    Doom Winds nerf is noticable, but still okey.

To be honest i don't see more nerfs coming our way. We were not OP (very good though) before this build and definitely not now.
    Last edited by Christhammer; 2016-07-06 at 09:22 AM.

To be honest I imagine they just didn't want Doom Winds and Windsong to be macroed to each other :P

Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    Lava Lash deals more damage than Boulderfist now which is good
    That's good to hear. Builders shouldn't hit for more than spenders IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    To be honest I imagine they just didn't want Doom Winds and Windsong to be macroed to each other :P
    FFS but thats what I was looking forward to doing

10+ Year Old Account
    Enh dominating logs for multiple builds, and people bitch about "Enh always gets nerfed"...seriously? Ofc it had to be nerfed, don't be absurd. This current nerf is significant, but in line with how the spec has been overperforming compared to others thusfar.