Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    He saw the way the players were able to storm Naxxramas and defeat KT due to the gear they had claimed from AQ and he figured that if we geared up in another old god joint it would help us storm ICC and reach the frozen throne. To make extra sure he attended the TotC personally and led us to Anub who had brought some gear and an extra chest of stuff to help us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    Plan E, is his attempt to "recruit" our champions like he does in the ICC encounter with him.
    That was always Arthas' primary plan. This was shown even before WotLK released.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2016-07-05 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Wait, what if this was the mission he had planned for us after we die?
    Holy hell you could be right. But we already cleared out Ulduar by the time of the Lich King fight...maybe he didn't know? Or he wanted Uldum instead? Or use us to spread the Scourge across other worlds?

Deleted
    Because the Lich King's thing was impersonating the Vrykul Death God to gain their allegiance. The last thing he'd want to do is fuck around in a huge city prison filled with slaughter machines and risk unleashing the REAL Death God.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I loved about WotLk were the two different stories building up throughout the expansion. Both with the Lich King and Yogg Saron... It was very nice to have two different stories going, I personally like the Yogg Saron story over the Lich King one, resulting in Ulduar being my favorite raid of all time.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    He would of been fighting a war on two fronts aswell, from Alliance and Horde and from the Titanforged.

Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    It's not that he ignored it or didn't know about it(There was undead in the zone and Crystalsong forest was the result of scourge vs ulduar), he had other priorities, the Heroes of Azeroth.

Everything we've faced, powerful beings, powerful creations and so on have always met their downfall to us. And he wanted us to join him. If he achieved ressing the champions of Azeroth, he would have swept over Azeroth in an instant. Ulduar, Galakrond, all them dragons that recently died... would have all been his.

Say we ignored the Scourge, repelled their initial attacks and stayed home. The Scourge would have to deal with the Loken's army and the Blue Dragonflight. Eventually the Scourge would/could win on all fronts, but it would take much longer and by then the Cataclysm might happen. If the cataclysm happened while Yogg was still active, Deathwing would have immediately went to free Yogg and the Scourge would no doubt fall to that.

- - - Updated - - -

He knew about it, Arthas knew of the Yogg Saron since War3FT. He also knew of the Cataclysm and Nightmare, thanks to Ner'zhul. He also has a shit ton of Nerubians who know a whole lot of the Old Gods.
    pretty sure chronicles said that was elves trying to harness the way the blue dragons hunted prey...

Well,as we know,during the Yogg Saron encounter one of the possible events you get to see is where the Lich King is torturing Bolvar,which allows us to presume,that Yogg Saron took some part in them (probably making the Lich King more cruel,than he was before).I don't think,that Yogg Sarons mental powers wouldn't even allow to slip such a thought in the Lich King mind,not even talking about allowing to besiege the Ulduar.

Defenses of Ulduar were immense. We needed a special force of dalaran mages to even breach the barrier, and then dozens of siege vehicles to demolish the towers. And then... there is Flame Leviathan, which would "laugh" at even mightiest Scourge soldiers.

Not to mention the literally endless supplies of metal dwarf soldiers, which are immune to necromancy.

Basically, Lich King would have to send his whole army and wage direct war on Ulduar, and that would mean he would have to abandon his plans of attacking Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. And all of that for little gain, as Ulduar was mainly and primarily a prison, and the treasures hidden were that of knowledge, not weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Yogg-Saron was scared of the lich king so made a deal to stop Arthas taking over Ulduar.
    A deal? What is your source for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    pretty sure chronicles said that was elves trying to harness the way the blue dragons hunted prey...
    Ahh yeah that's right, whoops xD

The scourge did however attempt to invade it twice, but the forest wiped em out.

The scourge is basically the borg when it comes to technology. You can see that the Lich King was paying attention to Yogg and Ulduar through the Forge of Souls, saronite necropoli, and 3rd generation death knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no point - for now. I'm sure good ol' Yogg would've found a way, in time.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I think that if Lich King actually managed his resources better he'd have stood a fair chance. He acted like a retard and attacked pretty much all the world at the same time before Northrend was even secured. But either way, if he focused on Northrend first, or even if he succeeded against players (as such, gaining his ultimate champions) and attacked Ulduar only afterwards, he could have succeeded. The only real obstacle is Flame Leviathan. True, even ignoring that it got destroyed by a couple of siege equipment (that the Scourge could construct too, if needed), it was capable of dealing a great amount of damage to the Scourge ranks. However, there is something that Scourge was working on in Icecrown which we interrupted. The construction of Malykriss, the Vile Hold. A necropolis made of saronite that would be pretty much indestructible once constructed.

I'm not sure what are the anti-air capabilities of the Flame Leviathan are, but chances are Malykriss would hold. If not, then Leviathan would get crushed by it as it fell to the ground. The Irons prior to it aren't really a problem. Zerg rush the Dwarves. Destroy the towers, use some flesh giants against iron giants. Especially since the Forge of Wills that they could use to create more reinforcements was in a separate, weakly guarded subsection of Ulduar that would have been captured first. The other big obstacle would be Kologarn simply because of how massive he was, but well, if Malykriss survived the Scourge could have simply flown over the exposed area with Freya. Or if they were patient they could demolish the building enough to let Thrym fit in and have a battle of giants.

Then it's the Keepers. Auriyaya would be rather easy I think. And areas leading to Hodir, Thorim and Freya all had some live creatures that could be used against the Keepers there. Especially the Freya one. Send San'layn to Freya, have them feed on the lifeforms in the area to sustain themselves, Frost Wyrms to Hodir to get rid of his "imma freeze you" advantage and some large abominations, particularly one like Thaddius to Thorim to negate the lightning. Mimoron could have been bonestormed by Marrowgar with Liches keeping him together and strengthening him via magic. Send everything to Vezzax and then what's partially chained Yogg-Saron going to do? Make the undead go insane? Unlikely to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.