Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    I agree, but Hillary's email mishaps did not harm anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

No one was harmed for her mistake. So why not just let it go?
    The FBI director admitted it is possible her careless handling of classified information may have fallen into foreign hands. This most certainly could harm the US.

But this was a good ruling for Trump from a political point. But a bad one from a integrity of the US political scene. Which basically showed the laws are for the common people. Not the elites of society.

Yeah you really want to put someone in office who is extremely careless with her email IT infrastructure. LOL
    Give me a break. Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch and either blackmailed her or promised her a job in the Clinton administration or maybe the place on the Supreme Court which still needs to be filled. Its pretty damn obvious something like that happened. They met for half an hour in an airplane. The deal is done.

The US will be lead by a corrupt maniac female president. Bad times ahead.
    Please let Trump win.

Man this shit is bat shit crazy! For like 13 mins it sounds like they r going to recommend charges then the last 90sec however bullshit. He focuses on intent but u can prosecution on gross negligence. Which is exactly what he said she did when he said "extremely careless".

It's scary to think that he even admitted information could have gotten into foreign hands, which can be damaging to the US and/or used to black mail Hillary if she become president.

He even said a normal person would c security and administrative sanctions...

He may have recommended no charges, which I think is absolute bs, but she does not look good at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    And yeah, mens rea is actually a very important thing. People say "Well if I went out and committed this crime but I did so unintentionally, would I be let off? HELL NO"

Hate to break it to you but people who break laws without intent get far lighter sentences.
    So how do you unintentionally setup a private mail server in your home and refuse to use any other email address?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So how do you unintentionally setup a private mail server in your home and refuse to use any other email address?
    She thought it was secure .... Also, this show that the government has access to every major email provider (msn, yahoo, gmail etc)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Ignorance and ineptitude aren't justifications for breaking the law.
    Overworked, understaffed, more correspondence than the average person, technical problems between secure and unsecure email servers for the USG around the world, and throw in a baby boomer that didn't even grow up using e-mail, and you have yourself a recipe for what exactly happened. I heard this has more to do with the disparate security thresholds the CIA, FBI, and the State Department had, using this as a segway into intergovernmental security reform rather than as a strike against Clinton specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Its been repeatedly stated that congress is being hypocritical here because they aren't holding themselves to the same standards.

This is just another "made for election year" BS drama to pull people's attention away from actual issues.
    Exactly. It's different departments of the government throwing their weight around to get a uniform security classification code.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    They couldn't prove intent and they didn't think that the case would be strong enough for a prosecutor to go for.

I am not surprised, but I had a brain fart listening to him talk about how the e-mail chains had top secret information classified as top secret at the time they were sent, mention that what Clinton and her people did was grossly negligent and then not recommend they pursue charges when he stated himself that such negligence can get you a criminal charge.

Frankly I think the FBI was just washing its hands here, they were afraid of recommending charges and then having Clinton get dragged in a trial, get destroyed until said trial is done by Trump in the general election and then found innocent.
    you see that's just it though. The criminal statute does not require an element of intent,only "gross negligence". Many criminal statutes do not require the mental state of "intent" but instead of negligence,recklessness or knowingly etc etc. In my opinion the best Clinton can say about this is shes only grossly incompetent and/or a complete moron,but hey let's line up like sheep and vote for her anyways hooray!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleSaint View Post
    you see that's just it though. The criminal statute does not require an element of intent,only "gross negligence". Many criminal statutes do not require the mental state of "intent" but instead of negligence,recklessness or knowingly etc etc. In my opinion the best Clinton can say about this is shes only grossly incompetent and/or a complete moron,but hey let's line up like sheep and vote for her anyways hooray!!
    But they couldn't even prove gross negligence, so in effect, she wasn't committing gross negligence, just carelessness, which I'd wager all high level officials in both private and public entities are all guilty of, due to the nature of the job which I describe in the post above yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Overworked, understaffed, more correspondence than the average person, technical problems between secure and unsecure email servers for the USG around the world, and throw in a baby boomer that didn't even grow up using e-mail, and you have yourself a recipe for what exactly happened. I heard this has more to do with the disparate security thresholds the CIA, FBI, and the State Department had, using this as a segway into intergovernmental security reform rather than as a strike against Clinton specifically.
    None of this is a reasonable excuse for breaking the rules.

We're not talking about someone who used a work phone to make a personal call. We're talking about someone who deliberately mishandled top secret documents. Thankfully it didn't happen, but people could have been killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account

We're not talking about someone who used a work phone to make a personal call. We're talking about someone who deliberately mishandled top secret documents. Thankfully it didn't happen, but people could have been killed.
    We do not know for sure if that may still be the result of her gross negligence. The FBI admitted some classified information may have fallen into the wrong hands due to the careless handling of them. It is clear it would have been easy to do so. And the one hacker claimed it was easy. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    But they couldn't even prove gross negligence, so in effect, she wasn't committing gross negligence, just carelessness, which I'd wager all high level officials in both private and public entities are all guilty of, due to the nature of the job which I describe in the post above yours.
    They never said they couldn't prove gross negligence, actually they said she was extremely careless, which is pretty much gross negligence.

Any job if u showed extreme carelessness or gross negligence, u would get fired, demoted or be on a very very short string. U wouldn't be interviewing for a promotion, which is pretty much what Hillary is doing.

We had a guy fired for a security fuck up at my work which amounted to 0 damage. There needs to be some form of punishment, and to think that Hillary didn't know what she was doing is stupid, she is a lawyer and knows the deal, don't think for a second none of this was intentional.

15+ Year Old Account

I guess, in theoretical perfection land. Republicans in the house with the Inspector General should audit all offices, departments, and email servers in the government to see how widespread this is.

No idea what kind of shit site this is, but this article is kinda interesting.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/07...just-happened/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We do not know for sure if that may still be the result of her gross negligence. The FBI admitted some classified information may have fallen into the wrong hands due to the careless handling of them. It is clear it would have been easy to do so. And the one hacker claimed it was easy. :P
    She didn't commit gross negligence, that's an actual legal term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    They never said they couldn't prove gross negligence, actually they said she was extremely careless, which is pretty much gross negligence.

Any job if u showed extreme carelessness or gross negligence, u would get fired, demoted or be on a very very short string. U wouldn't be interviewing for a promotion, which is pretty much what Hillary is doing.

We had a guy fired for a security fuck up at my work which amounted to 0 damage. There needs to be some form of punishment, and to think that Hillary didn't know what she was doing is stupid, she is a lawyer and knows the deal, don't think for a second none of this was intentional.
    But it isn't gross negligence, a legal term. I would bet on not only the current SoS doing this, but every SoS in the modern era having done this, including every C-level executive in the Fortune 500, as well as all high ranking government officials across the world.

Officer: you realize you just hit a parked car?
    Drunk driver: I did not intend to to Mr. Occifer sir.
    Officer: even though it is it "unlawful" I must let you go. No reasonable prosecutor would try and find you guilty.

Is this our defense now?

Just like " I did not have sex with that woman!" Kek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course she got off. Now we'll get the most corrupt President in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is something in the way the FBI director did his press release which is noteworthy I think. He revealed what she had did so the American people would know clearly she was guilty of gross negligence and yet due to pressure on him from those in power, he could not bring criminal charges. His 180 degree turn from his presenting all the evidence which showed she was unfit to be in a important Government position and then saying no charges would be filed, is brilliant in a way many have missed.

The people who weren't going to vote for her still aren't going to vote for her, the people who are going to vote for her are.

First Bengazi and now the email thing, Republicans spending millions of tax dollars for nothing. It's extremely partisan with zero support among congressional Democrats.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The people who weren't going to vote for her still aren't going to vote for her, the people who are going to vote for her are.

First Bengazi and now the email thing, Republicans spending millions of tax dollars for nothing. It's extremely partisan with zero support among congressional Democrats.
    That is basically true. Even tho I have seen some democrats already stating that what the FBI Director said she did is right and she is guilty of careless handling of classified information. There is a estimate of about 22% of the voter base who have not made up their minds yet who to vote for. This could certainly help them make up their minds and the election could be close enough to make the difference.