Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Problem with Blackhand Mythic

Hi,
    I'm part of a Blackhand farm group.
    Usually it was a fast and easy kill. But sadly a lot people left the group and the core group is rather small. In the last weeks we started to struggle and I don't really realize why.

Would be nice if you could take a look at the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tj1kfy2DC9X6baZx
    Some general tips for the fight are also appreciated.

Greetings Urtgard

Quote Originally Posted by Urtgard View Post
    Hi,
    I'm part of a Blackhand farm group.
    Usually it was a fast and easy kill. But sadly a lot people left the group and the core group is rather small. In the last weeks we started to struggle and I don't really realize why.

Would be nice if you could take a look at the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tj1kfy2DC9X6baZx
    Some general tips for the fight are also appreciated.

Greetings Urtgard
    Have you tried ringing and lusting on pull? Typically you get him to 70% before the ring explodes and the explosion brings him to 40ish%, so you effectively skip most of p2. Granted your ilvl is lower so it might not be as efficient, but it's worth a try.

Your damage is absolutely terrible. You have 727 people doing 30k dps over a 2 minute wipe. A 742 boomkin doing less than 60k and things like that.

You should bloodlust and ring on the pull (and plenty of people don't pot). If you burst properly the ring will transition him and push him halfway to p3.

Not going to look into all of your members or dps.
    1. Does everybody have the 795 ring? If no, get them.
    2. 1 heal is enough.
    3. Ring and Lust in p1 = 70% before ring explodes, around 50-40% with ring explosion, makes P2 non-existent.
    4. Every one of your members should be easily doing 100k+ dps.
    5. All of your Mages should play arcane with crystal.
    6. 2nd pot at the beginning of p3.
    7. 50K dps is what ilvl 700 chars do.
    8. Your tanks should tank in dps gear and try to pull high numbers.
    9. Don't care about mechanics in P2, focus the boss.
    10. (without looking in replays) do not get kicked off of the platform in p3.

I've only bothered to look at the pally tank since thats pretty much what i main/play and know, why on earth is he using holy shield? I hate this talent so much because people pick it to be purely lazy...

He also used ring at 1:22 into the fight..? The tank ring is a defensive CD but also a major DMG CD, it's old content, ur all overgeared, he shouldn't be playing with the setup that he's progressing a relevant boss (and still under performing), Sorry to be harsh but it's true, if you want BH boosts/farm to be easy, Fix it.

1. Use seraphim, major dmg increase, the fights not life threatening @ 736ilvl lol
    2. Use Holy Avenger, I'm checking his logs and unless im mistaken, he does infact have the talent, but is NOT using it, it's a 2min cd that syncs perfectly with both ring + Seraphim (on pull at least, the rest is up to your own timings)
    3. pre pot

As a prot pally personally i just glyph avenger shield to make it single target only but 30% stronger, run with Anzus + TTT (hans BRF) trinkets, pre pot (as all ur raiders should be) open with seraphim + Holyavenger + ring, laugh at easy 250k+ dps.

This is only a tank perspective, he's there to tank, but hes doing the dmg of a freshly dinged tank in blues.

EDIT: He's not using his Tier 6 talent choice either, Lol.
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2016-07-06 at 02:08 PM.

Idk who you are from the logs but that grp is complete garbage.

Yes its old content but if people do not play properly you will get your asses handed to you, as you have.
    DPS is abysmal i do not even understand how...

It's a player related problem, your dps is way too shit to bruteforce the boss (80k dps with 740 ilvl on a 2min pull, really ?).

Agreed w everyone else above w the subpar players across the board. Looking @ the classes I know:

Ret Walatus - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...17&view=events
    IDK how the fuck you'd even get to 740 without not knowing how to use holy power. He opens on pull with 10 HP generators, seraphim, then 8 generators, before finally a spending - but wrong basic unempowered DS then back to generator spam. How does a ret not know how to hit TV??! Has 14 casts of it in a 3+ minute fight

Prot Pally - much covered above, but even worse than that. Uses SotR 12 times in 3+ minutes when it's literally your only AM spender and highest ST damage ability that can be spammed. Also using Tyrant's trinket... wtfbbq bad

Fury warr - wrong trinkets, terrible talents for ST, abysmal enrage uptime and doesnt even use recklessness. LFR players puts this guy to shame

Arms warrs - also no reck usage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ughgsjkdf enraging!

If your gear and skill is less you probably won't be able to lust and ring on pull and win.

Try to get through phase 1 without using cooldowns then lust and ring in phase 2 with all cooldowns and hope you can brute force the phase since it's by far the hardest.

If you can't do that, you'll need to send people up to the balconies and kill all the adds since they gain a ridiculous damage buff if left unkilled, and you know deal with siegemakers and marks and mortars and all the stuff that made the fight hard. Which will definitely take a number of pulls to get down.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only need two healers, really.

Ring, lust with all CDs and pre pot in P1. Your iLvL isn't that low, you should be able to burst him pretty low before he even properly transitions to P2. Your other tank picks up the only siege engine you should be getting and you positon Blackhand basically behind so nobody has to move for the mark for death. Just flat out burn him at that point, don't need to do balconies, shouldn't get a second siege engine.

It's really just a classic case of not knowing how to do damage in a 20 second opener really.

Deleted
    Regarding the zerg mentioned, I haven't been there in a while, but is there a chance that the ring might explode onto nothing if it explodes while falling?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Regarding the zerg mentioned, I haven't been there in a while, but is there a chance that the ring might explode onto nothing if it explodes while falling?
    This MAY happen. But it's really rare and a shadowstepping rogue makes this problem non-existent though.

You have people dying in phase one. Less zerg, more tactic. The numbers put out in the log are nowhere close to being able to zerg that boss.

We pop nothing in P1 as P1 is trivial, and everything at the start of P2, as P2 is then literally 15 seconds long (i.e. the ring explosion ends it).

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    We pop nothing in P1 as P1 is trivial, and everything at the start of P2, as P2 is then literally 15 seconds long (i.e. the ring explosion ends it).
    If you pop everything in P1 and you have proper DPS, the ring brings him below 40% and generally P2 lasts for like 5-6 seconds.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-07-07 at 05:12 PM.

Honestly the dps in that raid for the most part is lower than what my guild's dps was on our first kill back when it was current content. How did that ret pally and hunter get to 740 ilvl is beyond me, they really need to read a guide, well everyone in that raid needs to. If you can't burst blackhand fast enough you'll have to do the mechanics properly and that's much harder than to learn how to burst properly. Lust + ring + major cd's on pull and make sure blackhand gets hit by the ring that's all you need to know about this fight if you're trying to zerg.
    Last edited by nephzor; 2016-07-07 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    If you pop everything in P1 and you have proper DPS, the ring brings him below 40% and generally P2 lasts for like 5-6 seconds.
    For shittier groups that won't work. But you can still zerg it using all cooldowns at the start of phase 2 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    For shittier groups that won't work. But you can still zerg it using all cooldowns at the start of phase 2 instead.
    For this group, it would require doing a lot of P1 mechanics. They might even hit the soft enrage, lol. And then they'd be equally fucked in P3, likely having to do two to three whole sets of mechanics before the boss died. As the poster before you said, they have players with Mythic HFC gear performing at levels which are lower than what players in T17 did. Frankly, I'm impressed most of the raiders in this group are able to log into the game without starting a house fire. And to top it off, the OP mentioned he was in a "farm group" while having never defeated Blackhand himself. There's just so much wrong here that even attempting to break down the logs is like deciphering ancient hieroglyphics.

OP, I mean this is the kindest way I can possibly express it but your raid will simply not be defeating this boss unless you bench nearly 2/3rds of your roster. It would be more productive for you guys to pool your gold together and buy a carry.

Deleted
    Leave the tanks alone, tank (and healer) dmg shouldn't matter at all in outdated content. Because if it does then your dpsers are the real issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Leave the tanks alone, tank (and healer) dmg shouldn't matter at all in outdated content. Because if it does then your dpsers are the real issue.
    All damage matters.

A prot paladin with seraphim and holy avenger and the legendary ring can do a disproportionately large amount of damage. When trying to zerg more damage is better. Same for a disc priest. A geared disc with dps trinkets like sethe / PoF and mindbender with a pot can do a lot of damage.

You're advice is terrible. Stick to not commenting when you don't have valid points.