Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    i can headshot a tracer as hanzo 100x easier than i can headshot pharah. Hitscan is the only thing that can really kill her, as she flies around your team 2 shotting most heroes in the game by not even hitting them with aoe
    If I'm not directly hitting you, I'm not two-shotting you. That even goes for a naked Zenyatta with a cold.
    Putin khuliyo

I'm a black belt in club penguin. Why am genji kill my bastion guys? Why?
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    If I'm not directly hitting you, I'm not two-shotting you. That even goes for a naked Zenyatta with a cold.
    lol it's amazing how little people actually know about the shit they're complaining about.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Pharah is fine.

She literally requires a Mercy to pocket her if she really wants to dominate, abuse that fact.

Pick good hitscan heroes, 2x Soldier deals with her really well.

Don't give her high ground for free.

I want to play this version of Pharah that two-shots people. Maybe with perfect shot placement? But her rockets have travel time and a fairly slow fire rate. My accuracy is nowhere near that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Seems like Blizzard gave you exactly what you need

Most fun brawl in ages. Flying around trying to kill shit like it's TIE Fighter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Most fun brawl in ages. Flying around trying to kill shit like it's TIE Fighter!
    Annoying as hell. Makes me sick, literally, and floating around trying not to hit the ground isn't really fun, along with never hitting anything.

I want to play this version of Pharah that two-shots people. Maybe with perfect shot placement? But her rockets have travel time and a fairly slow fire rate. My accuracy is nowhere near that!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Pharah can 2 shot people, but it requires her to get direct hits. Some people also say she 2 shots you because she hits you once, misses the next 5 shots, but then gets 1 more direct hit before you get healed...voila, she 2 shot you.
    Pharahs pretty damn fun though when you are doing aerial combat against another though. Seriously, want to get better at Pharah? Try and shoot the other one down, teaches you much faster for direct hits then seeing a Tracer blink and you go "aww shucks!"

The people complaining are running into really great Pharahs, and when you do run into one you know it. When a pharah starts dominating me I will call out to my team to put more pressure on her specifically because unchecked she will hurt, but that is more an acknowledgement of that players Pharah skills than Pharah being in need of a nerf. People always want to blame splash damage but the truth is Pharahs are aiming, they are guessing where you will be and firing there, even if it is at your feet. From a frontal attack it is better to aim for feet than chests because a dodged missle does no damage, if they are 2 shotting with direct shots all the time then they are extremely good at aim, better even than a sniper who only has to pull the trigger with the recticle over the target and the target takes damage.

If rockets could do headshots it would be insane, which it was in closed beta. The higher up you go the easier it is to hit the head as directly above the only things you can hit are head and shoulders.

Direct hits do 120 damage, even tracer has 150 life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I am a Diamond II LoL player on average, maining Soraka (that game's healer) and a Mercy Main in OW with a 62% WLR in quick play and almost 10-0 so far in competitive placements. I've always immensely disliked Pharah and feel she has no counterplay from my perspective. This isn't actually a scrub obviously claiming this, but when she sets her sights on you, it's about as fun as when a Scout or Soldier hounds you as Medic in TF2. It's usually pointless to try to frag her since she has unlimited mobility and knockback so when I see Pharah on me, I can just try to move around erratically until someone catches onto her (while spamming for help) or more often than not just die. There's pretty much nothing else I feel I can do. Pretty much ALL my critical deaths on Mercy are to Pharah, and it's made more stupid by the fact these players don't care if they die themselves and will just suicide to rid of you.
    As much as you would obviously disagree the skill gap between a moba and a fps is quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The people complaining are running into really great Pharahs, and when you do run into one you know it. When a pharah starts dominating me I will call out to my team to put more pressure on her specifically because unchecked she will hurt, but that is more an acknowledgement of that players Pharah skills than Pharah being in need of a nerf. People always want to blame splash damage but the truth is Pharahs are aiming, they are guessing where you will be and firing there, even if it is at your feet. From a frontal attack it is better to aim for feet than chests because a dodged missle does no damage, if they are 2 shotting with direct shots all the time then they are extremely good at aim, better even than a sniper who only has to pull the trigger with the recticle over the target and the target takes damage.

If rockets could do headshots it would be insane, which it was in closed beta. The higher up you go the easier it is to hit the head as directly above the only things you can hit are head and shoulders.

Direct hits do 120 damage, even tracer has 150 life.
    I ran into one yesterday actually, she was pretty stronk. We still ended up winning though *shrug*.

Honestly if I have to fight against a player who's really really good at a hero Pharah's one of my least concerns. I've fought some top notch Tracers, Meis and Reapers, that's a nightmare!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    As much as you would obviously disagree the skill gap between a moba and a fps is quite different.
    I don't know why people keep bringing up MOBAs. Overwatch is basically a new kind of Team Fortress. It only resembles MOBAs in an extremely superficial way. It's not comparable at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I am a Diamond II LoL player on average, maining Soraka (that game's healer) and a Mercy Main in OW with a 62% WLR in quick play and almost 10-0 so far in competitive placements. I've always immensely disliked Pharah and feel she has no counterplay from my perspective. This isn't actually a scrub obviously claiming this, but when she sets her sights on you, it's about as fun as when a Scout or Soldier hounds you as Medic in TF2. It's usually pointless to try to frag her since she has unlimited mobility and knockback so when I see Pharah on me, I can just try to move around erratically until someone catches onto her (while spamming for help) or more often than not just die. There's pretty much nothing else I feel I can do. Pretty much ALL my critical deaths on Mercy are to Pharah, and it's made more stupid by the fact these players don't care if they die themselves and will just suicide to rid of you.
    Pharah has plenty of counters, a good soldier can easier mow her down, as well as a good sniper can one shot her in the air, just to name a couple. Her hitbox is already pretty large being one of the few female characters in game with a large hitbox.

I ran into one yesterday actually, she was pretty stronk. We still ended up winning though *shrug*.

Honestly if I have to fight against a player who's really really good at a hero Pharah's one of my least concerns. I've fought some top notch Tracers, Meis and Reapers, that's a nightmare!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why people keep bringing up MOBAs. Overwatch is basically a new kind of Team Fortress. It only resembles MOBAs in an extremely superficial way. It's not comparable at all.
    I can see the similarities in heroes and skills.

I played team fortress back in the day but I don't really blame people for not being that experienced about it, the big 2 1/2 MOBAs out there are way more widespread.

That said, playing hello kitty adventures will give you about as much transferable skill as any moba will trying to carry over to a fps.

10+ Year Old Account

If I'm playing Tank or Support and there's one player causing me particular grief, I put a shout out to make their life hell until they switch or leave, it's one thing even the most selfish douche will listen to, so it works quite well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good Pharahs are an absolute nightmare to deal with, especially when pocketed by a Mercy (which good ones normally are). With a Mercy following you around you can erase Tracer and Zenyatta's with a single shot, and pretty much cause anything else to retreat in the game. You can pretty much stay airborne and move pretty fast through the air if you know how to play her with great concussive blasts and self inflicted damage for a little extra jump.

I know a lot of people will jump on the fact that it requires two people to do that, and having a healer stick to one person is a huge gamble, but it really isn't. You can run double healer (which is fairly common) or you can just make use of those magical things called health packs, which most good flankers are going to be using anyway. Zarya is fairly durable if she pokes, Winston can escape, and Roadhog is self sufficient mostly. You might take a bit away from having a Mercy constantly in the sky, but back packing a Pharah that's good is always a good option (another great option is 76, which ironically is great for the opposite team if you run into a Pharah + Mercy combo).

I will say you see them a lot more now that Widow was nerfed, which I think is honestly fine. Before Widow with quick scope could dispatch Pharah fairly easily. While not super favorable still, it certainly levels the playing field and you see a lot more Pharahs everywhere. Don't think she needs a nerf though, hit scan heroes like McCree and 76 (especially 76) still exist and can still take her out of the air if they have good aim. It's a skill match up basically.

The problem with Pharah is that McCree, one of her primary hitscan counters who should be able to shoot her out the air is absolutely fucking awful and his standard attack hits like a complete noodle. So she has one of her main counters currently vacant.

Other than McCree the only other character who is proficient at being able to kill her is Soldier but he can pretty easy to escape from as Pharah, or another Pharah.

Other than that it's just Snipers but Widow is oddly vacant in most of my ranked games.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-07-06 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    It sucks, but Blizzard needs to decide now where they're balancing their game around. Top, mid or bottom level play.
    The game is balanced at all levels of play, period. A good Pharah can certainly be a game-changer against a low-skilled team (or on maps like Lijang where there's a tight high room where the capture point is) but against a team that understands countering dynamics, that same Pharah never gets to use her ult.

Personally, I'd rather see Tracer get punched in the face (not nerfed, she's fun to play). If there's a tracer behind the defense line, it's incredibly frustrating to spawn as someone like Symmetra or Torb, take damage, not see anything, take more damage, find tracer, shoot her, reset, more damage, drop a turret, it's destroyed before it deploys, nothing to aim at, because Tracer's seemingly in 6 places at once.

I've been in matches where a single well-played Tracer literally shut down the entire defense. That's some good Tracer, but it's hard as hell to counter.

McCree, Winston, Roadhog.
    A really good one can zone Winston, but she's particularly vulnerable to being picked off by him after blinking in to pulse bomb, and then recalling out. Most of her mobility was used doing that combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    McCree, Winston, Roadhog.
    A really good one can zone Winston, but she's particularly vulnerable to being picked off by him after blinking in to pulse bomb, and then recalling out. Most of her mobility was used doing that combo.
    You're thinking of Tracer, not Pharah.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You're thinking of Tracer, not Pharah.
    That's because they were responding to the poster right above them who was talking about Tracer.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's because they were responding to the poster right above them who was talking about Tracer.
    And I'm totally paying attention!...
    *Cough cough*