Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Honestly, as others have said, any class that's "pulling its worth" in legion right now, is incredibly subject to change.

To fill in on what's performing well now though..

Unholy DK's are performing very well, they recently got buffed and I had to wonder why, they were already stronger than frost.
    Havoc DH's are (as to be expected) insanely mobile and their AoE damage capability is insane, global cooldown locked from the getgo unless you pick a talent that you shouldn't. (The one that removes demons bite as a generator).
    Fury warriors also have some pretty beastly AoE capabilities, can't comment on Arms.
    Enhancement Shamans last i checked also had very good AoE potential, unsure if this still holds true, also global cooldown locked.
    Feral druids playstyle remains pretty much untouched, unsure on their performance.
    Marks hunters are currently pulling some pretty insane numbers via crit headshots. (Reports of 1.2-1.4M crits, can't verify), BM is so braindead boring, so I'm just going to say "It's bad".
    Spriests are pretty damn strong in an execute phase due to surrender to madness, even more so if bloodlust/heroism is thrown in on top of it.

I didn't comment on the classes/specs i have literally no understanding or care for.

But again, all of this can (and probably will) change.

Edit: Aware you asked specifically for Melee DPS, but i just thought i'd chime in on a few other classes/specs.
    Last edited by JoshuaNLG; 2016-07-06 at 12:52 AM.

We won't know until about 2 days before the raids open what is and isn't viable. Blizzard's team is making absurdly bad changes and isn't actually tuning. They're fundamentally breaking rotations and changing abilities around still, and when prepatch hits and during the early parts of live we're going to see a massive DPS discrepancy and that's when the nerf hammer is going to come swinging, because this beta is nowhere close to being ready but they're going to shove it out the door and do polish while people are actually playing it.

It's going to be fun picking a class before things have actually been balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Blizzard's team is making absurdly bad changes and isn't actually tuning.
    Because the game isn't released yet and some of those changes might be partial. Imagine having to change a class and being part of a team of 200 that must release something today. You may had in mind to do 40 changes and only managed to do the 2 and the patch still went out and it's not a problem because it's not live.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Because the game isn't released yet and some of those changes might be partial. Imagine having to change a class and being part of a team of 200 that must release something today. You may had in mind to do 40 changes and only managed to do the 2 and the patch still went out and it's not a problem because it's not live.
    And then a blue post gets made in the thread like "hey we also made this change that might make DPS too low so we'll look at it in the future" implying this is not the case.

The prepatch is a couple of weeks away, there are no more "in the middle of major changes." This isn't alpha, this is end of beta and nearly live. The fact that they're still completely breaking shit isn't just unnerving, it's unprofessional as fuck. It means millions of people purchased a game that won't be delivered finished and millions more will pay for a game that isn't done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Havoc, Rogues, Warriors, and Enhancement are looking fantastic.
    Enhance just took a small nerf with the newest build. I doubt it is enough to knock them out of the top 1/3 of dps though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Most specs are very close, but Assass is insane on single and Unholy is insane on AOE.
    Enhance keeps changing, but it looks like it will also be one of the best for both.

Havoc is probably right below those, and then after that most are close.
    There is nothing wrong with Feral or Ret btw.
    They just aren't broken op.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    And then a blue post gets made in the thread like "hey we also made this change that might make DPS too low so we'll look at it in the future" implying this is not the case.

The prepatch is a couple of weeks away, there are no more "in the middle of major changes." This isn't alpha, this is end of beta and nearly live. The fact that they're still completely breaking shit isn't just unnerving, it's unprofessional as fuck. It means millions of people purchased a game that won't be delivered finished and millions more will pay for a game that isn't done.
    Don't expect the pre-patch to not be broken for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Know its subject to change but how is Surv faring? People also say that Assain rogue is strong but will sub and OL(outlaw) be seeing action?

We won't know until about 2 days before the raids open what is and isn't viable. Blizzard's team is making absurdly bad changes and isn't actually tuning. They're fundamentally breaking rotations and changing abilities around still, and when prepatch hits and during the early parts of live we're going to see a massive DPS discrepancy and that's when the nerf hammer is going to come swinging, because this beta is nowhere close to being ready but they're going to shove it out the door and do polish while people are actually playing it.

It's going to be fun picking a class before things have actually been balanced.
    While I agree that there will be a lot of number tuning - especially once Legion actually hits and they rebalance while not worrying about having to support raiding.

At this point all the major changes are in. There might be a few small things here and there but talents and rotations are set as are artifact traits and abilities. Really it is all over but the screaming so we can just wait.

In other words everyone should expect an overtuning phase, an undertuning phase, then a long finicky phase as they narrow those numbers into their target windows.

Shame, kind of miss it when they used to have those same phases midway through an expansion with a content patch or just a set of random fixes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    At this point all the major changes are in. There might be a few small things here and there but talents and rotations are set as are artifact traits and abilities. Really it is all over but the screaming so we can just wait.
    Not really. It depends on the spec. Frost mage appears unfinished.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Know its subject to change but how is Surv faring? People also say that Assain rogue is strong but will sub and OL(outlaw) be seeing action?
    Sub and Outlaw are more niche and just more prone to tuning right now. Outlaw is an RNG fuckfest which is going to make it a nightmare to balance, but the sustained AoE is amazing. Sub is poor at AoE, passable at more extended multi target, but good single target. It's just outshined by Assassination due to it being overtuned right now.

Surv is fine. It's in a similar state to Ret and Feral in that it's not pushing the broken category like pre nerf Assassination and Enhancement but it's carrying its weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    will sub and OL(outlaw) be seeing action?
    Outlaw is in a horrible position at the moment. i feel they will have to redo / retune it because atm you wouldn't want to take one over another class.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Not really. It depends on the spec. Frost mage appears unfinished.
    What silly challenge or event would you like to bet that Frost ships with all current talents, spells and artifact nodes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    What silly challenge or event would you like to bet that Frost ships with all current talents, spells and artifact nodes?
    Oh I'm not taking on that bet. I fully expect it to be a possibility. Albeit, I do not expect it to be the best possibility because the best theorycrafters appear to imply or say that it has some omissions that are too obvious (e.g. they have built a lot of stuff around a Frozen Orb that is very frequent but they did change that along the way without fixing the stuff bult around it).

Deleted
    Mages are always a solid choice - never been worst dps

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Honestly, as others have said, any class that's "pulling its worth" in legion right now, is incredibly subject to change.

To fill in on what's performing well now though..

Unholy DK's are performing very well, they recently got buffed and I had to wonder why, they were already stronger than frost.
    They buffed certain DK abilities because at the time it was not worth using one of our main mechanics (festering wounds) They nerfed a couple other things to ease the buff a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassination Rogues are mental on single target, it's literally broken with rupture doing insane damage. Every other melee does not even come close.

Really, I was doing Mythic+ with some of those and it was "lol wtf is that shit??"

You guys do know that anything "Subject to change" would need to happen within 2 weeks. Once prepatch hits live servers there will be no further class tuning until after launch pretty much.

SV hunters.

Drops mic and leaves .

With their stance/goal on wanting to keep all DPS specs per class with in 5% of each other (Fire Frost Arcane, none is 5% stronger than the other) we hopefully end up with a DPS spread of all specs that isnt as huge of a difference between them from 1 thru 36 balanced with utility and we don't end up like we did in HFC like Arcane mage OP while also bringing the most powerful raid buff.