Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Mists of Pandaria Challenge Mode transmog for our new mains.

Hello MMO-forums

I've had a chat with a game master today about moving over credits for MoP CM to a new characther. Reason is that i did not have time to complete it with all of my characthers and did not see myself rerolling to that class at this point back then. My suggestion wuld be that the toon that has earned the credit for challenge mode from mists wuld get a token that culd be sendt to your new main for legion or a new alt.

As for myself I completed challenge mode in mists on 7 different characthers, mage, priest, rogue, druid, hunter, warrior and paladin. And personaly I'd love to see this transmog requirement be account wide, as its is good looking and i belive alot of time and efford was put into making them.

Please share your thaughts and suggestions. If you want new alt with awesome transmog now is time to rise your voice!

Yeah thats right. CM rewards become available* account wide ish.
    Last edited by Bathrezz; 2016-07-06 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Yeah thats right. CM rewards become account bound.
    We only know that challenge mode weapons from draenor content will be account wide ish, costs 3'000 gold to enable it for another characther.

Thanks edited post

The class hall sets are fairly easy to obtain and are MoP CM recolors without the special effects... that's the best you're gonna get for now.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

My opinion about the of class hall sets that i have seen pictures of is that its ugly af. Ok they removed the special effect but they have also altered the looks of it by removing different parts of the different sets.Shame if you ask me tough.

Quote Originally Posted by henningsen View Post
    We only know that challenge mode weapons from draenor content will be account wide ish, costs 3'000 gold to enable it for another characther.
    There was a tweet about this on the legion question were they mentioned already that the set will be unlock account wide to the specific class earned for the CM MOP sets. Some people tested this on beta to make sure. I remember hearing this on towelliee twitch as well as to being verified.

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is that MoP challenge mode sets should be added to the BMAH, with a hefty starting price of at the very least 300k. This maintains the exclusivity of the sets, doesn't devalue the sets by a massive degree an easily accessible recolor did, and the players who completed CM gold in MoP keep their reward - saving a ton of money to acquire the set.

Honestly, I don't mind having exclusive stuff last 2-3 expansions like the plagued and black proto-drakes enjoyed. I don't mind titles being never again obtainable as proof of epicness. But armor sets as beautiful as the CM golds (and mounts for that matter) are too coveted and desired by players to keep locked away beyond completing some time gated achievement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    The class hall sets are fairly easy to obtain and are MoP CM recolors without the special effects... that's the best you're gonna get for now.
    Thank you for this update - I definitely could settle for that. While I would love to have all MoP CM sets because I am a collector, I was unfortunately too late for the party and only finished one (on my mage, fortunately will remain my main character). But it is a good thing to have some downgraded recolours as a compromise.

Well, thats true,the class order hall gear its a nice bandage for pepole who did not play during Mists of Pandaria, and it was an outstanding feat to complete. Just think we shuld be able to show that of if you are rerolling main for legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    My opinion is that MoP challenge mode sets should be added to the BMAH, with a hefty starting price of at the very least 300k. This maintains the exclusivity of the sets, doesn't devalue the sets by a massive degree an easily accessible recolor did, and the players who completed CM gold in MoP keep their reward - saving a ton of money to acquire the set.

Honestly, I don't mind having exclusive stuff last 2-3 expansions like the plagued and black proto-drakes enjoyed. I don't mind titles being never again obtainable as proof of epicness. But armor sets as beautiful as the CM golds (and mounts for that matter) are too coveted and desired by players to keep locked away beyond completing some time gated achievement.
    Why? What's the difference between a title never being obtainable again because of the "proof of epicness" and a "beautiful [...] coveted and desired" set? What is the problem with having a time-gated achievement? Speaking of time-gated; how long were the MoP CM's available? A year and a half?

I get where you're coming from, I really do. But what is the point of making special sets that require effort if everyone (exaggerating here to make my point) can just buy them? The gold cap in Legion is going to be 10m. What if we can easily farm 500k per week? Not like it's going to be difficult to get the CM sets.

I mean, I doubt some of the raiding sets that were really hard to obtain when they were current (HC/Mythic sets that arguably required more effort than CMs which could be completed in a few hours) would be interesting to wear now that they're easy to get.

Let CM sets/weapons/whatevers be exclusive to those who actually put the effort in when it was available. Or give me Scarab Lord. That could work too.

As someone who got them done on 5 different toons a sizeable portion of people who have MoP CM gear probably bought a carry to begin with so I don't see a problem with it being on the BMAH. Hell put the cache up there and watch people spend 5 mil on it if they really want it that badly.

I'm of the opinion that with their systems for gear scaling they should have never been removed to begin with because removal of content when you're trying to milk customers subscriptions is fucking dumb but hey whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

If you completed the Mop CMs, you earned the rewards. Thats that. Nice and Simple.

If you earned the set on one or two characters then I wouldnt be against all the sets being available to you, but thats as far as Id go. If you didnt do the Mop CMs you dont get the Mop CM rewards. No idea why people are upset with that, they were out for an extremely long time.

I do feel for those who missed the sets but they were out for a long time. Nothing in this game is exclusive, some shit should be. Not for special snowflake status or elitist shit, but it makes people want to do the content and once they get the rewards, they feel good. I felt damn good when I got the rewards from CM gold in mop on my shaman. Either way, I do understand where you are coming from, I just disagree with it a bit.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-12 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by henningsen View Post
    It was 10k gold yesterday on the beta.

It should be a Herald of the Titans type deal. Since you can wear them on any character of the same class you did it on you should have to make a level 90 and do MOP cms (I know you cannot currently do MOP CMS).

I did them on every class last expansion and I still think removing them was a bad idea.
    Hi Sephurik

No matter what people say, obtaining MoP sets were everything but a challenge, with most of the BiS gear with tons of gem slots coming from SoO, and you could get them easily on LFR. With a group full of these, it was a matter of time until the Gold. I've made on my only 2 max level toons at the time, and I don't feel exclusive at all. Personally, I only know ONE player that was active back then that didn't get his gear, all the guys from our guild got theirs, except for the tank that wasn't too much into transmogs (he doesn't even transmog at all).

And if you were lazy (and had some gold to spare) or wasn't into it with proper time to finish, you could just buy a carry for something like 10k per dungeon.

Stop playing the esclusivity card when everyone and their brother could get one, just because you did it back then does't mean you're a special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It should be a Herald of the Titans type deal. Since you can wear them on any character of the same class you did it on you should have to make a level 90 and do MOP cms (I know you cannot currently do MOP CMS).

I did them on every class last expansion and I still think removing them was a bad idea.
    That actually isn't a bad idea. Like with Herald of the Titans, it's not that easy to do even we get class revamps and so on every expansion, in some cases, it becomes even harder than originally. Or that's what I think at least, only have read opinions of people who did it in various expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

Let it go already. Blizzard has said time and time again that they were intended to be a reward for those that completed it during MoP. The subsequent prune happened and permanently altered the classes and how they work. You CANNOT re-create the difficulty of MoP's CMs now-a-days, and therefor it is impossible to reward them properly. It's over, stop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Let it go already. Blizzard has said time and time again that they were intended to be a reward for those that completed it during MoP. The subsequent prune happened and permanently altered the classes and how they work. You CANNOT re-create the difficulty of MoP's CMs now-a-days, and therefor it is impossible to reward them properly. It's over, stop.
    True, but we already got one (tuned down) re-colour of the sets with the order hall gear - they should add the last true recolour to mythic dungeons or something imo (want that red pala set on a bloodelf <3)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I would argue the challenging part is finding 4 people and gearing up and committing the time to actually doing them rather than the actual dungeon difficulty themselves. Some of the dungeons were killed by two people, stop pretending they were prestigious anyway.
    Hi Sephurik