the proc-rate of blood of the assassinated seems to have taken a dive too though, so rupture has been stealth nerfed. the direction which these changes are imo in the complete opposite direction of where they should be taking the spec. Poison should be much more prominent, and also be an integral part of our aoe, yet both those situations just got nerfed, and bleed is still 60%+ of all of our damage done.

I am a little bit confused on what Blizzard is doing. Wasn't having super powerful bleeds too powerful and Blizzard never wanted that style of play (feral druid)? Why is it ok for a poison based rogue?

Blizzard's problem with feral being all about bleeds stemmed from the fact that their mastery buffed bleeds, and all their damage was bleeds, so essentially they had one mega-God stat and everything else was pointless. They specifically wanted haste to be more valuable than it was relative to mastery, which necessitated bringing bleeds down since haste does not affect bleeds.

Assassination doesn't really have that problem. Maybe if bleeds were on the mastery..

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Blizzard's problem with feral being all about bleeds stemmed from the fact that their mastery buffed bleeds, and all their damage was bleeds, so essentially they had one mega-God stat and everything else was pointless. They specifically wanted haste to be more valuable than it was relative to mastery, which necessitated bringing bleeds down since haste does not affect bleeds.

Assassination doesn't really have that problem. Maybe if bleeds were on the mastery..
    So making a spec rely >60% on abilities that are not on the mastery making mastery pointless is a much better idea? And maybe my memory is wrong, but I thought the main issue with feral bleeds stemmed from pvp and that they were not dispellable (save dwarf) and you put rake + rip on a non healer and they died while you ran away. I remember a lot of discussion on it and most of the problems were pvp related with a few issues in pve with snapshotting and certain encounter buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    Back to the sub thread, assass is on the shelf for another tier.
    i'm still topping meters and once we get the vendetta boots FtS will go back to being amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Venom Zest has been renamed to Blood Zest.
    It's been venom rush for the longest time now I believe. So it would need to be blood rush :-/
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gateway Ewok View Post
    Agonizing did not get nerfed this patch. It was buffed, in fact.
    Oh I get it when dmg goes down it's a buff so it going from 7.9% a stack to 6.3% was really a buff.

Deleted
    I see alot of people will main as Assassination, I think I will do too, however I've got a question: so what about mandatory Combat/Outlaw OS? Will Rogues in top 10/50/100 guilds still have to use two specs (one for single target, other for aoe) or can we finally play one spec and stay competetive?

Quote Originally Posted by Texdawg View Post
    I see alot of people will main as Assassination, I think I will do too, however I've got a question: so what about mandatory Combat/Outlaw OS? Will Rogues in top 100 guilds still have to use two specs (one for single target, other for aoe) or can we finally play one spec and stay competetive?
    Combat is trash at everything st or aoe no one will use it for anything as is and they just nerfed it across the board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Combat is trash at everything st or aoe no one will use it for anything as is and they just nerfed it across the board.
    Aha, but lets say if Outlaw would be vialable at some point (im not saying good or overpowered, just vialable like it is right now on WoD, like we just use that spec for AoE fights only), then do you think Rogues would again have to go with Single Target spec and AoE spec for OS? My point is, I am afraid of that I will have to farm Artifact Power for two artifact weapons, do you think that might happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Texdawg View Post
    Aha, but lets say if Outlaw would be vialable at some point (im not saying good or overpowered, just vialable like it is right now on WoD, like we just use that spec for AoE fights only), then do you think Rogues would again have to go with Single Target spec and AoE spec for OS? My point is, I am afraid of that I will have to farm Artifact Power for two artifact weapons, do you think that might happen?
    This is what also of people aren't getting combat isn't an aoe spec anymore unless they buff blade flurry it won't be like live with how the spec works now.

But to entertain the idea it wouldn't really matter as is as combat gains next nothing from its artifact. Theres only a few things in it that will actually matter to get.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-07-06 at 04:40 PM.

btw blood of the assasinated does indeed seem to proc way less than it used to which i'd be fine with except it'd once again make logs totally RNG on whether you get Bota when you got exsang up or not

It doesn't necessitate bringing bleeds down. As ferals have been petitioning for ages, haste could be made more relevant by reducing the overall length of the bleed (making it tick faster). That would also make haste (and Bloodlust, etc) not a junk stat for assassination. But pleas to implement this have been ignored for years so don't hold your breath.
    That would be the logical thing to do, and simply reduce the damage effect of it per mastery point in order to balance it properly.

Blizzard's refusal to let haste affect bleeds is one of the most rediculous things they have stuck to. I don't see them adding bleeds to mastery this late in the process, and without making bleeds hit for way less there isn't much of a way to make mastery valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blk View Post
    Blizzard's refusal to let haste affect bleeds is one of the most rediculous things they have stuck to. I don't see them adding bleeds to mastery this late in the process, and without making bleeds hit for way less there isn't much of a way to make mastery valuable.
    haste scaling on bleeds now that exsang is a thing would be really uncomfortable tho
    you'd basically be guaranteed to overcap

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    btw blood of the assasinated does indeed seem to proc way less than it used to which i'd be fine with except it'd once again make logs totally RNG on whether you get Bota when you got exsang up or not
    Idk, personally I feel like its the same. I had some situations where I was tab rupturing and on 3 different occasions it proc'd on 3 multiple casts on 3 different targets, pure RNG but I don't feel it proccing less.

Mutilate feels so awkward to play without MfD, garrote>hemo, mut to 6 vanish rupture feels so slow. Shame MfD doesn't give 6cbp.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeski View Post
    Idk, personally I feel like its the same. I had some situations where I was tab rupturing and on 3 different occasions it proc'd on 3 multiple casts on 3 different targets, pure RNG but I don't feel it proccing less.

Mutilate feels so awkward to play without MfD, garrote>hemo, mut to 6 vanish rupture feels so slow. Shame MfD doesn't give 6cbp.
    i use MfD for 5mans

you can fill out the remaining 1 CP with hemo/garrote most of the time or just use a 5 pt finisher

venom rush is only really good on longer fights without adds

but dont know, i feel like it procs ways less on openers, i had one proc on like every 2nd bossfight now im happy if i get it on one of the bosses in an instance
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-07-06 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeski View Post

There is now a 35% chance to trigger BotA when applying Rupture.(it triggers from application, not ticks) Before it was 1 RPPM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuliane View Post
    There is now a 35% chance to trigger BotA when applying Rupture.(it triggers from application, not ticks) Before it was 1 RPPM.
    Damm thats horrible.

checking normal logs from ED from this morning and it seems rogues and enh still quite a ways ahead of everyone else...
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates