Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    My opinion: It's funny because this is the most extreme thought experiment you could perform to expose the absurdity of SJW ideas, and yet the world serves it up on a reality platter, saving us the effort of having to imagine it:

Indigenous woman yells 'I hate white people' before punching white woman, but it's not a hate crime judge rules

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/...me-judge-rules

A Calgary indigenous woman who knocked out a Caucasian woman’s tooth while yelling “I hate white people,” didn’t commit a racially motivated crime, a judge says.

Provincial court Judge Harry Van Harten, in a written decision, said Tamara Crowchief’s motivation for striking Lydia White was not related to racial bias.

Crown prosecutor Karuna Ramakrishnan, who had sought a sentence of 12 to 15 months, argued Crowchief’s unprovoked attack last Nov. 1, amounted to a hate crime.

But Van Harten agreed with defence counsel Adriano Iovinelli that there was insufficient evidence to establish Crowchief attacked White because of the colour of her skin.

Van Harten said unlike offenders in several cases cited by Ramakrishnan, there was no suggestion Crowchief was associated with any group that promoted hatred toward a specific race.

“The offender said, ‘I hate white people’ and threw a punch,” Van Harten said in his ruling.

“There is no evidence either way about what the offender meant or whether . . . she holds or promotes an ideology which would explain why this assault was aimed at this victim,” he said.

“I am not satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that this offence was, even in part, motivated by racial bias.”

White was outside Jaimieson’s pub on 17th Avenue S.W., with a friend when an acquaintance of Crowchief’s approached and asked for, and was given, a cigarette.

As White and her male friend spoke to that woman, Crowchief approached and, without warning, yelled “I hate white people” and punched her in the face, knocking out a tooth.

Crowchief and the woman then walked away, but White and her friend followed and called police, who arrived a short time later and arrested the offender.

During her arrest, Crowchief told police “the white man was out to get her.”

In her victim-impact statement, White said she still doesn’t comprehend what motivated her assailant.

“I still get angry when I think about it,” she said.

“I don’t understand why this woman did this. I never did anything to her. Never even spoke to her,” she said.

Van Harten agreed with Iovinelli the more than six months Crowchief had spent behind bars, which he equated to a 9 1/2-month sentence, was sufficient jail time for Crowchief.

He placed the city woman on 12 months probation and ordered her to get psychological and psychiatric counselling, as well as counselling for substance abuse.

She must also abstain from consuming intoxicating substances and is prohibited from going to any business whose principal sale is alcohol.
    Because you can't be racist against white people.

Racism only exists when white people hate on people different than themselves.

That's why what is going on in South Africa isn't getting media coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1NW6F3yG6M

Racism against white people is being accepted as things coming full circle, and whitey getting what he deserves.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    The legal bar for hate crimes in Canada is set very high, because it can curtail on freedom of expression. You need a pattern and/or a history of similar behaviour. Being wasted and throwing a punch after shouting a racial epithet at someone doesn't constitute a hate crime, regardless of the race of the aggressor.

I'm sure this thread will be filled with constructive and civil discourse.. Also, why the fuck would you embed a large-ass image in your OP? A lot of people browse these forums through mobile devices.
    Exactly, this is definitely not a hate crime in the eyes of the law, and it wouldn't be if it was a white person attacking a black person either. The woman was not in a sound state of mind, there was substance abuse, and has no record of previous hate related activities.

This is likely nothing more than someone yelling out a hateful comment in order to illicit a reaction.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Silly goose. It isn't possible to commit a hate crime AGAINST a white person. Silly, silly goose.

btw- If a white person punched a native person in the face and screamed "I hate savages/indians" or something along those lines, you better fucking believe it would be prosecuted as a hate crime in Canada.

Once again, in Canada, the judges are nominated, for provincial judges of course, by the provincial government, using a list of suitable candidates.

Alberta have been ruled since 1935 to...last year....by first the Social Credit, then the Progressive Conservatives.

The names will be widely mocked here, but neither are left parties-they are quite to the right. A judge in Alberta is the less likely candidate to be what you call ''to the left''. Then again, the Canadian Tories would be called by people trying to act tough ''kommunists''.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Fox news isn't a judge...

Who are you to say what is or isn't worthy to discuss? Don't like the content of the thread? Hit the little "X" and get the fuck out.
    Only insane people think what Dylan Roof did wasn't racist. On the same token though, anyone that thinks what this lady did wasn't racist, is pretty much on the same intelligence frequency as the idiots from Fox that tried to defend Dylan Roof.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No, but it's very odd to complain about ''not an hate crime'' toward a chipped tooth and casually advocate for the ''cleansing'' of all ''liberals'' in the USA. Which, FTR, includes all democrats and all republicans left of DAH TRUMP MASTAH. It's a lot of people. And it's routinely said.
    He didn't say liberals.

A white person yelling "I hate black people" and then punching a black person is a hate crime, right? Doesn't matter what damage it does. It's still an attack on a person that's racially motivated.

Crowchief yelled "I hate white people" and attacked a white person, and she didn't even know anything about the person she attacked besides the one and only fact that she was WHITE. Thus, it's a racially motivated attack. When arrested Crowchief said "the white man was out to get her".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Canada seems to have some of the most retarded judges on the planet:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/justice-sys...free-1.2079731
    Did you read the article? That is 100% the prosecutors fault. The police could have given evidence she was never abused but they were not called to the stand. The husband could have refuted the claims he was abusive but he was not called. He was even waiting outside in a car to be called as a witness! When you don't even have the officer she tried to hire take the stand how can judge rule differently?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    He didn't say liberals.

A white person yelling "I hate black people" and then punching a black person is a hate crime, right? Doesn't matter what damage it does. It's still an attack on a person that's racially motivated.

Crowchief yelled "I hate white people" and attacked a white person, and she didn't even know anything about the person she attacked besides the one and only fact that she was WHITE. Thus, it's a racially motivated attack. When arrested Crowchief said "the white man was out to get her".
    As the article clearly, clearly, clearly says, the canadian law make the difference between someone saying stuff while under the influence (which can happen to anyone) and the fairly predictable and classical hate crime, which includes...

1)Having a swatiska tatooed on the head
    2)Spend your days screaming about how you hate migrants
    3)Being in a neo-nazi group
    4)Having a fetish for various assorted groups of losers and their flags (the alleged confederacy, the Nazis...)

All the usual wholesome stuff, in fact (While this is highly sarcastic, you can't say that, even in the USA, you see actually that much poor innocent ordinary people being accused of ''hate crimes''-it really tends to be people enjoying wearing ghost costumes outside of Halloween)

Yeah, throw rock at me, but yeah : the stoopid SJW Canadian judges won't throw you in the slammer for saying while drunk ''I hate native''. They will throw you in the slammer if the police find at your home 124 copies of the Turner Diaries, in your favorites Stormfront and in your closet a Waffen SS uniform.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-07-06 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By ''regressive'', you mean ''to the left of Gengis Khan'' ?
    You are so far left that you have left reality.

Do not try to make out you are typical of the left wing, even an old skool left winger like Corbyn would regard you as an extremist.

It's a hate crime in its strictest sense. I would say whether its convictable as a hate crime is something to sort out in court. That would hinge on determining how lucid/drunk out of her mind she was. If the judge credibly determined that the woman was not lucid enough for this to be considered a hate crime, I think that suffices.

It's quite plausible that she has some pretty strong animosity towards white people. There's some pretty nasty history going on there. I was inadvertently the victim of white/indigenous racism when travelling in Canada, when while stopped for a travel break at some park, I went to play on the playground and several other parents pulled their kids off, mistaking me for a native kid (I didn't get it really at the time, and I'm Asian).

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    mistaking me for a native kid (I didn't get it really at the time, and I'm Asian).
    How do they mistake you for someone there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Did you read the article? That is 100% the prosecutors fault. The police could have given evidence she was never abused but they were not called to the stand. The husband could have refuted the claims he was abusive but he was not called. He was even waiting outside in a car to be called as a witness! When you don't even have the officer she tried to hire take the stand how can judge rule differently?
    Yeah it is the prosecutors fault as well but they took the case all the way to the supreme court and "an appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada which, in January 2013, made a stunning reversal ruling that the defence of duress – the only defence Nicole used to justify hiring a hit man to kill her husband, did not apply.
    But then in yet another bizarre twist, instead of sending the case back to the Nova Scotia court for a re-trial, the Supreme Court ordered a stay of proceedings, determining that Nicole had suffered enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You are so far left that you have left reality.

Do not try to make out you are typical of the left wing, even an old skool left winger like Corbyn would regard you as an extremist.
    As I said, left and right is very relative....an hardcore Canadian (or British) MP would barely be recognized as Republican in Trump era.

The whole thing illustrates the absurdity of hate crimes. A crime is a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, left and right is very relative....an hardcore Canadian (or British) MP would barely be recognized as Republican in Trump era.
    But you are far left under any political system. You are an extremist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    The whole thing illustrates the absurdity of hate crimes. A crime is a crime.
    Motivation and intent are important.

Did anyone read the article that pointed out that the judge checked for previous statement and/or affiliation with hate groups ?

It's not the judge fault if the usual dudes convicted of hate crimes are stupid enough to have tatooed on their own skin Nazi iconography. 'Cause it really make hard to push the defence ''I was drunk that night'' (you were also drunk the 1336 previous days, when you posted around ten times per hour how you want to kill all minorities ?)

By ''regressive'', you mean ''to the left of Gengis Khan'' ?
    Genghis Khan was fairly left wing, throwing away tradition and used a lot of welfare, education, and social engineering programs. In fact his policy of religious tolerance was unheard of for the time and considered and oddity in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    But you are far left under any political system. You are an extremist.

- - - Updated - - -

Motivation and intent are important.
    What I said here that is ''far left'' ? That Albertan judges are unlikely to be very liberal ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    How do they mistake you for someone there?
    Well, I'm brown-skinned, black haired. I'm technically Japanese, but I'm Okinawan, and ethnically, I'm probably mostly Thai or Malaysian, or Filipina or something. Like I guess I could pass for a relative of Ted Nolan.