- Antonidas, Uther, Arthas, and Kel'Thuzad from Warcraft
    - Sgt. Johnson and 343 Guilty Spark of Halo

10+ Year Old Account
    Geralt
    Garrus Vakarian
    Frog (Chrono Trigger)

Too many more to name.

Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins.

Her pessimistic and sarcastic responses to pretty much everything is exactly how I am irl. It melded with me and made me laugh. My kind of humor. Having her in a party with Alistair and Leliana gave me the best banter.

I can't think of any other characters which made me enjoy a game, just because they were in it alone. It made me forget how clunky the combat was and other annoyances because I was just enjoying listening to what she had to say through the game so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also this guy. Never speaks and yet he's cooler than 99.9% of video game characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    Morrigan from Dragon Age: Origins.

Her pessimistic and sarcastic responses to pretty much everything is exactly how I am irl. It melded with me and made me laugh. My kind of humor. Having her in a party with Alistair and Leliana gave me the best banter.

I can't think of any other characters which made me enjoy a game, just because they were in it alone. It made me forget how clunky the combat was and other annoyances because I was just enjoying listening to what she had to say through the game so much.
    Pretty much this. I enjoyed the combat in Origins, but Morrigan is one of the main reasons why i love that game so much.

Other contenders would probably be Garrus, Kratos, or femShep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Pretty much this. I enjoyed the combat in Origins, but Morrigan is one of the main reasons why i love that game so much.

Other contenders would probably be Garrus, Kratos, or femShep.
    Plus when she talks about the MC of Origins in Dragon Age Inquisition I had a huge smile on my face. Morrigan is the shit. If you romanced anyone other than Morrigan, then you're doing it wrong.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Commander Shepard.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm, most of the characters that immediately spring to mind are "main characters" ... like Geralt of Rivia, Ezio Auditore, or Sam Fisher. And they're all good choices.

But just for variety, I'm going to have to pick Brucie from GTA IV. He's that psychotic roid freak, and a masterpiece in comedy, even by Rockstar standards.

Top 3:

Nathan Drake - Uncharted
    Baird - Gears of War
    Arthas - Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Grunt from (ME2 and 3) because is basically Shepard's son and the similarities like everywhere he goes shit tends to just blow up oh and this...

Morrigan all the way.

Other contenders: Geralt, Tali, Auron, Tiny Tina, and Bigby.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Sephiroth from FFVII.

My perfect vision of an ultimate badass. Some villains are smart and calculating, some are brutal and overpowering. Sephiroth is both. He is efficient enough with his sword to take you out with the most effective strike, and behind that he wields the power to destroy planets. Sephiroth is like a sniper rifle that can fire everything from non-lethal sandbags to nukes without fail. And that's just him combat wise.

His role throughout the game further emphasizes how above the average mortal he is. Every other Final Fantasy villain has had some human aspect to them, Kefka was a mad jester who schemed to attain godlike power, Jecht was a simple warrior forced to become Sin, but from the beginning Sephiroth was meant to be better. He was genetically engineered with the DNA of an alien god, showered with condensed mako energy, (the stuff that provides nearly infinite electricity to the people of Gaia) and trained to be the best. Throughout the game, you are told how powerful he is, even shown in a flashback how powerless Cloud is compared to him. He casually kills off a main character, making you wonder if he will do it again. Suddenly your invincible party isn't invincible anymore.

When Square designed Sephiroth, they definitely had a theme in mind. The theme was that he would be unreachable, in a different class, because...

"because you are a puppet"
    Which Sephiroth?

Been a while since I played the game (at least a decade for sure), but isn't he killed by Cloud and then a series of doppelgangers are created from Jehovah, and he/they go mad once they realize the truth? Like, I very clearly remember the real Sephiroth being killed and his body being cast into a dark abyss up in the mountains. He/they starts getting angsty/obsessive about his "mother", blah blah blah.

Aside from his character design looking "cool", he seems like the opposite of cool. Biggest loser ever, only he keeps coming back because he's cloned repeatedly such as in Advent Children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    Which Sephiroth?

Been a while since I played the game (at least a decade for sure), but isn't he killed by Cloud and then a series of doppelgangers are created from Jehovah, and he/they go mad once they realize the truth? Like, I very clearly remember the real Sephiroth being killed and his body being cast into a dark abyss up in the mountains. He/they starts getting angsty/obsessive about his "mother", blah blah blah.

Aside from his character design looking "cool", he seems like the opposite of cool. Biggest loser ever, only he keeps coming back because he's cloned repeatedly such as in Advent Children.
    Its all the same Sephiroth, sort of. When Zack beats him in Nibelheim, he falls into the Lifestream, but survives. He uses the Jenova cells in his body in combination with the power of the Lifestream to puppet Genova's lifeless body, but in his own image, occasionally leaving pieces behind to fight Cloud and Co. Eventually they find his real body in the Northern Crater, kill Jenova, and fight the real Sephiroth. Cloud actually kills the real Sephiroth after a long, multiphase battle involving his entire party (At least in the Bizzaro battle). But here is where it gets good. When you die in the FFVII universe, you go to the Lifestream. Most just get absorbed into it, but Sephiroth is kind of different. He keeps his consciousness. He can always come back because he can't really die. Think Little Nicky.

Deleted
    Solid snake
    joel - last of us
    zidane tribal ff9
    ashley roit vagrant story
    thrall/durotan very noble proud leaders

Zack beats him in Nibelheim
    Ah. Yes, Cloud has Zack's memories and I must have been thinking about the first "version" of the flashback where Cloud still saw himself in Zack's shoes.

Yeah, your explanation got the wheels turning again. Still, effectively almost all your dealings with "Sephiroth" in the game are with a bunch of clones and the real one is sitting in a giant crystal for the entirety of the game until the weapons break loose and he gets out of his crystal and setups his super spooky base in Santa's workshop.

He's only barely the main villain of the game - Shinra really dominate the story up until Diamond blows up Midgard IIRC. I don't think I can even put him in my top 10 of bad guys much less greatest character of all time.

When Zack beats him in Nibelheim, he falls into the Lifestream, but survives.]
    It's Cloud who beats him.

HK-47 from KOTOR got be one of the top.
    Minsc from Baldur's Gate 2. AHHH we are all friends now! You, Boo and I! Hamsters and Rangers everywhere REJOICE!

Honorable mentions:
    Edwin from Baldur's Gate 2.
    M1-4X from SWTOR. Military evangelism at it's finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    It's Cloud who beats him.
    Zack does. Cloud is the one to throw him into the Lifestream, but Sephiroth was already beaten by then.

Zack does. Cloud is the one to throw him into the Lifestream, but Sephiroth was already beaten by then.
    Zack got his ass handed to him, then sneaky Cloud attack :

https://youtu.be/y7HchI2MarU?t=732

And I'm pretty sure that's official, since it's made by Square.