Yes yes.. some game had a series of screen shots taken and pieced together to make a 'gate' joke and literally who decided people were making fun of them again. And people still think gamers are sexist cause they don't see what's wrong with a game designer not wanting to make their games a certain way.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Wait is GG still throwing a tantrum? God damn I figured that died out months ago. Learn something new everyday.
    "Tantrum." So do you have any actual criticisms of GamerGate or are you just here to whine?

Wait is GG still throwing a tantrum? God damn I figured that died out months ago. Learn something new everyday.
    More like the internet is always throwing a tantrum about something.

Be it GG, SJWs, or random message board in a hissy fit on the internet someone is always crying about something. It's funny how I despise SJWs and PC people in general but still think the opposite side sound almost just as annoying.

What year is it? 2013?

If you're interested in barfing out a bunch of incorrect smears, you can do so elsewhere.

It's blatantly against the rules in the OP to do what you're doing.

also LOL at the idea that pro-GG people are conservatives. Stop eating up propaganda broseph.

I take issue with people that cyber bully and then throw a tantrum when they get called out on it.
    [Citation needed]

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    [Citation needed]
    that would require actual research and reading more than one view of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    that would require actual research and reading more than one view of what happened.
    Kotaku, The Graun et al say that is what it is, so it must be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Most of these people can't even be bothered to read what gets written in this thread. I doubt they look past the headlines of articles and whatever screengrabs of tweets get passed around.

Case in point, Fenixhart trying to start shit on this very page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Being a punchline isn't a victory to be proud of celebrating.
    Did it look like Xekus was fucking celebrating anything? He was specifically pointing out we haven't "won" and, if anything, despite GG managing to effect some change and raise some flags the opposition has just made a laughably hypocritical change in tactics and kept on trucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Being a punchline isn't a victory to be proud of celebrating.

And nah, Jack Thompson had a Hardon for 2kgames and that was it. His impact on gaming was being a short stint of entertainment in the grand scheme of things.

Meanwhile, gaming developers (and other media) are being pressured to be more inclusive, and with how much money it's starting to make in being so, it's starting to get traction.
    Curious, any examples you'd like to present of this traction and all the money being made in being inclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Did it look like Xekus was fucking celebrating anything? He was specifically pointing out we haven't "won" and, if anything, despite GG managing to effect some change and raise some flags the opposition has just made a laughably hypocritical change in tactics and kept on trucking.
    I've just started ignoring people like him, they only come here to shitpost/troll and vomit drivel out of their ass.

Speaking of us being bullies, what was that again?

Yeah, we're totes the bad guys here.

http://archive.is/iERwq
    http://archive.is/mnhNt
    http://archive.is/u7KXw

Also Kotaku is at it again.
    http://archive.is/FWd7a
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2016-07-06 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And he's not gonna get any media coverage because:

A) He's a WHITE MAN, PREEVLEG.
    B) He's going against da narrative that only females can be assaulted.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post

But that...that would mean....that there may be shady practices in the media....and it isn't just about hating women........
    ....RAAAEP!! RAAAAEEP!!!!! HALP FEMINSM!!! REEEPAA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Yup, it's okay when they do it afterall.
    From what i gathered it was threats against his family.

Oh and for some sunshine, Notch speaks the truth on Kotaku.
    https://twitter.com/notch/status/750700596156592129

I think the only thing that's going to keep him from getting sympathy (aside from mentioning GG in any light that's not negative) is that third archived tweet with the screenshot of him talking crap about another person. I don't know the context of screenshot but who needs it in the court of public opinion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yup, it's okay when they do it afterall.
    From what i gathered it was threats against his family.

Oh and for some sunshine, Notch speaks the truth on Kotaku.
    https://twitter.com/notch/status/750700596156592129
    I must have missed this. What's going on with James Rolfe?

Edit: Oh is it because of Ghostbusters?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I think the only thing that's going to keep him from getting sympathy (aside from mentioning GG in any light that's not negative) is that third archived tweet with the screenshot of him talking crap about another person. I don't know the context of screenshot but who needs it in the court of public opinion?

- - - Updated - - -

I must have missed this. What's going on with James Rolfe?
    He refuse to watch and write a review on Ghostbusters, and already called it shit, i believe?
    Feminists and their media buddies have been attacking him over it, because god forbid anyone doesn't follow their doctrine, and Kotaku have been the ones in charge of the smearing of him and writing hit pieces on him.

Never been a fan of James myself, but 100% on his side in this case.

and Kotaku have been the ones in charge of the smearing of him and writing hit pieces on him.
    Pieces? There was the one recent one that in part went into the "soft sexism" nonsense (not that much of a hit piece, but definitely the writer wanting to make sure EVERYBODY KNOWS that they think he's a sexist) but I can't think of any others, did I miss them? Also

I must be missing something here, what's the issue? I mean, yeah, it's someone critiquing the game for being hard and making a "REAL GAMERS" quip. Is there something beyond that?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pieces? There was the one recent one that in part went into the "soft sexism" nonsense (not that much of a hit piece, but definitely the writer wanting to make sure EVERYBODY KNOWS that they think he's a sexist) but I can't think of any others, did I miss them? Also
    There's plenty that goes into just insulting James for his stance, plenty amongst a few neutral ones.
    1 google click away.

I must be missing something here, what's the issue? I mean, yeah, it's someone critiquing the game for being hard and making a "REAL GAMERS" quip. Is there something beyond that?
    I'm not even going to answer this as it's pretty obvious what's wrong with the article.
    I was just taking a quick stab at the article in the first place anyways.

There's plenty that goes into just insulting James for his stance, plenty amongst a few neutral ones.
    1 google click away.
    But you said Kotaku have been the ones "in charge" of smearing him. Their article on him, including referencing his Ghostbusters video (which was stupid IMO. I like his AVGN content and some other stuff of his I've seen, but that Ghostbusters one [at least the first part?] seemed kinda pointless) is recent and came like what....2 months+ after his video went live? And it's only the one?

So I'm more curious on the "in charge" comment, because what I've seen doesn't seem to indicate that they're in charge of anything of the sort. And again, even within their article on him it's largely focused on him outside of that video. They reference that video because of course they do, but IIRC when I skimmed it the other day it seemed more focused on his AVGN character than the video.

I'm not even going to answer this as it's pretty obvious what's wrong with the article.
    Apparently not? Can you please elaborate for me, because I guess I'm stupid and I'm just not seeing it. The closest I can think of is the "REAL GAMERS" quip or the fact that the writer critiqued it for its difficulty, neither of which stand out as them being "at it again" given their history of terrible content. The rest of the article seemed largely ho-hum.

Pretty sure there is 0 need to grasp at straws to try and prove a point about Kotaku when almost everyone already knows they're shit. Not sure why you're grasping at straws at an opinion piece based off the difficulty of the game, and the game taking jabs at you if you play on an easier setting.(which isn't new anyways, Wolfenstein says hi)

Apparently not? Can you please elaborate for me, because I guess I'm stupid and I'm just not seeing it. The closest I can think of is the "REAL GAMERS" quip or the fact that the writer critiqued it for its difficulty, neither of which stand out as them being "at it again" given their history of terrible content. The rest of the article seemed largely ho-hum.

Yeah Edge, totally nothing wrong with an review of an game where half of it goes on a tirade about the person reviewing being teased for picking easy mode, and seemingly believes that the game tells him/her it's only for hardcore "real" gamers that likes to brag.

But please, do go ahead and start an discussion over what was a quick fun stab at Kotaku.