Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do Youtubers get higher drop rates in Wow.

Hello, I was just wondering the other day after watching Heelvsbabyface get another rare mount drop if he and other " influencers" on Youtube and similar sites get higher drop rates for rare mounts etc because he seems to get one every month or so. I am lucky if I get a rare mount once a year. I know chance is just chance but Youtubers seem to consistently strike it lucky that must be more than mere chance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its called Streamer RNG. People deny it but it actually exists, don't tell anyone ok, its a secret :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What the hell kind of dumb thread is this?
    Another typical shit thread on MMO-Champion...

Blizzard has a team of GMs that follow around every single streamer just so they temporarily increase drop rates for them. Seems like a waste of time and money to me. Can't imagine how many raid tiers it's cost us.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't surprise me as Every Plated streamer seems to have the Tusks of Mannoroth...

Killed Garrosh on Heroic (Mythic) and later that week on normal every week, there was only 3 plate dps in both raids and i was first in line for those shoulders on both characters... didn't even see them drop.
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-07-06 at 04:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a conspiracy, dont let others tell you otherwise. WoW detects if you are a streamer and increases the drop rate of all items by 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    It's a conspiracy, dont let others tell you otherwise. WoW detects if you are a streamer and increases the drop rate of all items by 100%.
    It's true. I tried streaming on my DK once, and got Ashes of Al'ar in my first attempt.

Yes,

It has been proven that "youtubers" have a higher drop chance multiplier for their accounts rather than normal accounts.

I didn't tell you this, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    Hello, I was just wondering the other day after watching Heelvsbabyface get another rare mount drop
    Do you realy think Heelvsbabyface will post "failure" did grinding mobs to lv up a new alt but nothing interesting dropped.

They don't, it just seems that way because they make a highlight of it when something good does drop.

Yeah, once your channel gets big enough they email you with a verification code as a form of in-game Youtube integration. It was secretly added with 6.1's twitter integration, but they obviously didn't want to publicise it because then everyone would try to get it. Well done, you cracked their conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Do you realy think Heelvsbabyface will post "failure" did grinding mobs to lv up a new alt but nothing interesting dropped.
    Actually he does, he does a weekly mount farm, doesn't win every week but his success rate is much higher than mine over time. If it was once or twice i could understand but its consistently more.

If youtubers did get special treatment heelvsbabyface would be the last one to get it considering how negative he's been about the game and how little he's sucking up to Blizzard. I'd imagine they'd give it to people like Preach or Panser.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo89 View Post
    Blizzard has a team of GMs that follow around every single streamer just so they temporarily increase drop rates for them. Seems like a waste of time and money to me. Can't imagine how many raid tiers it's cost us.
    You think this is somehow difficult, it doesn't take much to find out, I mean, thats how they get alpha and beta access isnt it. Why is it a waste of time, showing viewers what they could potentially win can only be good for marketing. In Swtor there is a youtuber called Dulfy and she would have videos out on all the new items the same day new packs were released, to get all the items in that way you would have to buy thousands and thousands of packs but she denied ever getting items from Bioware for advertising purposes. I mean why lie about it, there is nothing inherently wrong with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    If youtubers did get special treatment heelvsbabyface would be the last one to get it considering how negative he's been about the game and how little he's sucking up to Blizzard. I'd imagine they'd give it to people like Preach or Panser.
    Well, I suppose they have to treat all of them equally. I didnt say this is wrong in my OP, i just want to know if its a thing.

No, they do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    RNG is RNG, Blizzard doesn't give two flying shits who you are when it comes down to drop rates.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine a guild that consisted of ONLY Streamers... I would like to see how the loot system would work out.

Deleted
    Yes they do. Asmongold for example has all those titles mounts and achievements... 90% got per mail by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Imagine a guild that consisted of ONLY Streamers... I would like to see how the loot system would work out.
    You think it's a coincidence that some of the top guilds in the world have a bunch of streamers? They only get world firsts because they get gear more quickly.