Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    These are banks, engineering firms, car companies, telecoms. And they probably use german as their working language. Did you really expect many recent immigrants to be able to outperform all the local german jobseekers?
    It would be unlikely that they get jobs right away. Training takes at least 2 but in a lot cases also 3 years. They would not count as "created jobs" but as "training position". Whether a company keeps a trainee after he/she finished the training is up to the company itself.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Hahahahaha.

Welfare tourists welcome.

52 out of 2? that's a success story right there

Well 54 out of 2'000'000 found jobs in the Dax-Consortium. Not 54 period.

A couple thousand found jobs in normal companies. They are calling DAX companies out for only having 54, so the topic is a bit misleading. It certainly doesn't back up the statement that all of them were genius scientists/doctors/engineers/what ever. Given how most of the ones that hit the shelters are clearly not Syrian either that is also hardly surprising, even if Syrian refugees were these brilliant professionals. But DAX companies are certainly not the biggest part of germany either. A lot of middle class companies never sell themselves out to become fodder for the scum on the large finance markets.

I don't care. These people's cities are on fire, so they took what they could carry and got the hell out. It is incomprehensible to me that anyone would care about emplyability in light of that.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    What are we supposed to discuss? Are we supposed to express outrage? They can hire whoever they want to hire.
    Well it's hard to say without knowing the details...they can be lying through their teeth about wanting to hire these *able bodied and skilled* refugees or many refugees just want a free ride and aren't even looking for work...or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the biggest employers in germany only employed a very tiny fraction of... completely unemployable people. Only delusional leftists are impressed by these figures. Most migrants are iliterate in their own languages and also have very los IQ's product of centuries of first cousin marriages.
    Enjoy your welfare kings/queens.

Nice clickbait 2 million my ass.
    Btw the immigrants that stay will be used in nursinghomes and just some will get better jobs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sforza View Post
    One of the biggest employers in germany only employed a very tiny fraction of... completely unemployable people. Only delusional leftists are impressed by these figures. Most migrants are iliterate in their own languages and also have very los IQ's product of centuries of first cousin marriages.
    Enjoy your welfare kings/queens.
    Only dead people are "completely unemployable", so what are you talking about? The DAX comprises a total of ~4 million employees, that's like 9% of all employed people in Germany. This isn't even mentioning open jobs and training spots yet. Besides most jobs do not require high IQs, if you want to work as plumber you're unlikely being asked by your customers to formulate an alternative to the theory of general relativity.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2016-07-06 at 04:07 PM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I don't care. These people's cities are on fire, so they took what they could carry and got the hell out. It is incomprehensible to me that anyone would care about emplyability in light of that.
    There was a lot of landmass between Syria (I'm, just going with the lie that this is actually about Syria) and Germany and the decision to cross 2/3 of that was certainly not because their homes were on fire, that ceased to be relevant quite early once they were on the height of Turkey.

The perception that Germany presents is that jobs are handed out on every street corner, but I usually find that even the smallest piece of cheese has competition and most things aren't really what the politicians like to pretend.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of the refugees know how to speak a passable German? That might have to do with it, it's hard to find work when you don't know the language.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How many of the refugees know how to speak a passable German? That might have to do with it, it's hard to find work when you don't know the language.
    I actually thought this as well, but it seems odd that the government wouldn't' have foreseen and addressed this before jumping in. Perhaps they did?

People are seriously overestemating the requirements it takes for someone to get a minimum wage job. The production site of my company has a lot of foreign employees that no speak english or dutch, their training takes around a week for those who have serious problems learning new things. We currently don't have a lot of refugees working here, despite there being a refugee centre less then a mile from the industrial area.

My friend who works at a job centre tells me they have a hard time finding jobs for these people because a significant ammount of them do not show up for their first day, or quit within a few days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have they changed the laws? Are jobs still reserved for germans for 6 months befor an immigrant can even take the job?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    fisrt: these are only very specific firms, very big, yet offer no "unlearned jobs" at all. all those jobs are mostly sub-enterprises
    second: law in germany forbids asylumseekers to get a job for the first, i guess half a year. after that you can take a job, and keep it, als long as your case is decided upon. if you dont get asylum (which is 80% of the refugees) you loose your right to work, and have to travel home.

so making statistics about refugee jobchances is quite complicated.

Deleted
    These are banks, engineering firms, car companies, telecoms. And they probably use german as their working language. Did you really expect many recent immigrants to be able to outperform all the local german jobseekers?
    Well they should be since they're highly trained people with excellent linguistic skills.

At least that's what the ultra-left has been telling everyone, I guess there isn't much demand for sheepherding in Germany after all

Deleted
    Within few months please. We dont have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Even for well trained educated individuals you still need to do the following

1) learn the language.
    2) pass the required test and get proper certifications in the country to practice (heavily relies on #1).
    3) find a job

this kind of thing can take years especially for people who have doctorates but hey keep spreading the immigrant hate.
    That's racist. If we've learned anything from the US influx of hispanics, they do not have to learn your language. You have to learn theirs and accomodate them adequately or else your discriminating against them.
    Last edited by Therec; 2016-07-06 at 08:22 PM.