so lets do some math..

someone here said towlliee gave 50 keys.

the event has 6 streamers...6x50=300 keys

did blizzard hype up this crap for a day for 300 keys?

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    so lets do some math..

Yeah it's pretty bullshit considering he said all you need is a trial account minimum (which lets you play PTR I guess) and you're basically getting beta. That doesn't mean log onto PTR to take pictures for a SLIGHT chance at a beta key. Over-hyped Towelliee yet again.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-07-06 at 05:24 PM.

so lets do some math..

Its quite obvious what is happening.

The game is probably at a record low number of subs right now and they want people on Live for numbers boosting. They hyped this up, and at first glance if you are a casual it would seem like 7.0, so people resub for that, then they announce its actually just a contest for Beta Keys, and people resub for that.

Its pretty damn simple. This whole thing was to get people to resub and it has the added bonus of flooding Twitter with WoW Shit so its also free marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yeah it's pretty bullshit considering he said all you need is a trial account minimum (as in, all you need to do is play WoW) and you're basically getting beta. Over-hyped Towelliee yet again.
    Really?

10char

Deleted
    Inb4 Pre patch comes on 30th of August, with legion 4-6 weeks after that.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    aight well laugh away at the infinite feedback loop you're participating in by commenting on it

The last two words switching direction really bothers me. Why couldn't it have been a complete circle?

Not sure what's really going on with the whole beta key thing. Legion comes out next month. Pre patch will be out soon enough. Why even bother? Are people really incapable of waiting 56 days? If you're not going to test what's the point? All your progress isn't going to carry over to live. There are plenty of other games out there to play while you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post

The game is probably at a record low number of subs right now and they want people on Live for numbers boosting. They hyped this up, and at first glance if you are a casual it would seem like 7.0, so people resub for that, then they announce its actually just a contest for Beta Keys, and people resub for that.

Its pretty damn simple. This whole thing was to get people to resub and it has the added bonus of flooding Twitter with WoW Shit so its also free marketing.
    ofc they must be below 2 million at this stage

Really?

10char
    Yeah it was like a week ago on stream before it didn't happen and got pushed back, when he "couldn't talk about it" but what he can tell you is you're basically getting beta if you have a wow account. That's what he was leading people to believe anyway.

E: Just went to check the date on when I said it to a friend for reference. 26th of June.
    http://i.imgur.com/XXYIkYH.png
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-07-06 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Pretty much Emily.

You do realize that this thread was de-railed after the hype *Event* didn't go as planned with some of the posters here, right? Just some food for thought. .

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    You do realize that this thread was de-railed after the hype *Event* didn't go as planned with some of the posters here, right? Just some food for thought. .
    Literally no one in this thread expected anything from this.

idk 'casual' doesn't mean misinformed. By a lot of definitions I'd be casual this expansion, and arguably the last one as well, but I know the difference between something ready to go and something underwhelming.

I mean it's been 11 years, I know if the client isn't marked as 'release' candidate yet they aren't going to be announcing anything I care about. I'm leaning more and more towards a delay at this point, tbh.

so lets do some math..

-------------------------

It could also possibly be that Towelliee was provided more keys to give away.

No surprise towelliee is a partner with G2A and supports credit card fraud lol

Literally no one in this thread expected anything from this.

There were plenty of opinions on how it was handled. This included anything from Streamers to twitter ect.

Take it as a learning exercise.

Disappointed? Well here's a thing called cautious optimism. Too casual for you? Hardcore mode is straight, bleak cynicism in all things.

10+ Year Old Account

Nah Paula, it is quite obvious what is happening, Blizzard thought of an event regardless if some found it fun or not. People are freaking out & pissed as usual. Now I don't remember this being hyped up as much as everyone here was hyping it up (Not surprising, we over hype shit all the time). All I remember was Beta keys were gunna be involved.

But as usual people will forget about this in a couple days, like past events.

Now if any thought this was pre-patch or a announcement for it their a complete moron, but im 100% certain no one in this thread are that stupid to think it was.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

There were plenty of opinions on how it was handled. This included anything from Streamers to twitter ect.
    No bruv. You are outright strawmanning to make yourself look better. Literally no one except for Shills (You) were excited about this. Everyone had been saying from the beginning they expected nothing.

It takes ALOT to expect nothing and still let people down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Nah Paula, it is quite obvious what is happening, Blizzard thought of an event regardless if some found it fun or not. People are freaking out & pissed as usual. Now I don't remember this being hyped up as much as everyone here was hyping it up (Not surprising, we over hype shit all the time). All I remember was Beta keys were gunna be involved.

But as usual people will forget about this in a couple days, like past events.
    People are pissed because its been nearly 13 Months since new content. No one in this thread overhyped shit except for Towliee himself.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2016-07-06 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yeah it's pretty bullshit considering he said all you need is a trial account minimum (which lets you play PTR I guess) and you're basically getting beta. That doesn't mean log onto PTR to take pictures for a SLIGHT chance at a beta key. Over-hyped Towelliee yet again.
    You don't need a trial account. you can just post someone elses picture since there are to many entries to check for duplicates.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You don't need a trial account. you can just post someone elses picture since there are to many entries to check for duplicates.
    Yeah I know, I was just going from what he said a few weeks back. That being if you at least have a trial account you're basically getting beta.

It takes ALOT to expect nothing and still let people down.
    Honestly Paula I think you are overestimating the community here.
    Literally anything that wasn't the pre-patch announcement would have met with this level of disappointment, and some would also have been disappointed by that.
    MMO Champion is not generally composed of particularly reasonable people.