Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    I just hope we won't end up in the gutter. It felt good to be really competitive in the dps department with the current balancing. But oh well, we will see how it plans out in the next few builds.
    Unholy Dk's weren't competitive, they were outright Overpowered. Absolutely no reason to be upset about some sensible tuning.

Clawing Shadows still the best in that row? I won't have a chance to test until tonight. Rune nerf was hard but I kind of expected that cause the power gain was pretty big.

Necrosis should just do something else entirely imo. Interacting with wounds in someway might be better rather than SS/CS.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Quote Originally Posted by Valermos View Post
    Clawing Shadows still the best in that row? I won't have a chance to test until tonight. Rune nerf was hard but I kind of expected that cause the power gain was pretty big.

Necrosis should just do something else entirely imo. Interacting with wounds in someway might be better rather than SS/CS.
    It would take sims (that we don't have) to really be able to tell. I know for example though that Castigor will feel more satisfying for sure now. I messed around with it and got similar results to using CS, but that was one quick test so it means almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    25% str -> 15% str from Fallen Crusader might be a bigger nerf than you guys noticed. Im away from beta for a couple of weeks so cant test it, but I think thats the biggest of changes.
    Everybody got hit though. Gems and enchants received some pretty enormous nerfs this patch. The cloak enchant, for example, was nerfed from 700 strength to 200. Huge nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Everybody got hit though. Gems and enchants received some pretty enormous nerfs this patch. The cloak enchant, for example, was nerfed from 700 strength to 200. Huge nerf.
    Point being? Everybody got hit by that. Us included.

Point being, if everyone is nerfed then no one was nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    Point being, if everyone is nerfed then no one was nerfed.
    Yeah. But everybody didnt get nerfed.

most classes and specs did, by small varying amounts. The few that got buffs were also by really rather small amounts. Lets not get twisted.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-07-06 at 06:03 PM.

there are a lot of undocumented changes as well. WW monks got the "bug" baseline stun on FoF removed. they also got Touch of Death nerfed to 50%. Patch notes that aren't official by blizzard have at least some missing changes every build
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

We also saw some huge buffs. Were still doing really good dps atm. The only outliers seem to be rogues.

We also saw some huge buffs. Were still doing really good dps atm. The only outliers seem to be rogues.
    i guess you messed the big assassinations nerfs lol
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

No, theyre still just outliers. Rupture is the main issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    i guess you messed the big assassinations nerfs lol

The nerf to King's Bane is like the nerf we got to DC last patch. Very minor

Nerf to fire mages is minor.

Nerfing frost mage is a PVP thing since frost is shite PVE

Nerf to rockbiter on enhance is minor aswell since it's not used because of Boulderfist. The nerf to Boulderfist will prolly be outweighted by the buff to Lava Lash.

Nerfing Warlock and Warrior is just weird and unfair.

The weird and unfair nerfs. Warlock, Warrior and Frost Mage(unless it's a pvp thing where I'm clueless.) will be reversed like the nerf to Wounds we had last patch.

i dont play a mage so can't say much there, however:

enh doomwinds was nerfed and also got the cd increased. with the other nerfs it should being it in line.

the nerf to destro is minor as well. the buff to immolate duration means more incinerate hence the minor nerf.

don't play a warrior but was told they were outliers as well. this is heresay tho so take it with a grain of salt.

the nerf to fallen is indeed big but the buffs to FeS and ghouls should balance it out (plus shambler, although i think they should increase the ppm)
    Last edited by garonne; 2016-07-06 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    @garonne Hope they are aswell, sadly unable to test it for the next couple of weeks.

@garonne Hope they are aswell, sadly unable to test it for the next couple of weeks.
    by the time you come back we'll probably have more tuning. however, ghouls (army + apoc) currently are doing around 8% of my damage not including the damage buff they give while up. (soul reaper has good functionality with apoc seeing that they do more damage now as well)

------

dark arbiter seems nerf or its doing less damage for me. anyone else noticing this?

The only real complaint I have with our tuning is Virulent Plague. For AoE its good (not great, but good). For ST its...lacking. I dont know if its needs a direct buff so much as maybe stronger artifact or talent support. We have very few things that actually buff our disease.

Edit:

The Apoc strike being 20% weaker than a single Festering Strike is a little odd too. Doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. Just seems kinda weird.
    Last edited by Rothulean1; 2016-07-06 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Reason why Defile can't ever be equal to DA in a ST setting, is that if there is even 1 point that 2 targets are alive, Defile is stronger, period. So DA would never be used.
    EDIT: the other ST option is Soul Reaper, and believe it or not, it's really strong, especially with nerfed Val'Kyr and the amount of raw stat it gives.
    So Val'Kyr used to be 700%AP, now it's supposedly 600%:
    xd

Other than that, the class is shaping up to be really interesting. The new changes are amazing and promotes really good gameplay, not mongo 6xCS->DC. Thank God for that.

And UF is possibly nerfed a lot. It used to affect pet attackspeed, and should no longer do. They(UF and CS) where close before, but not anymore. The real question is Castigator vs. CS on ST. Currently we can't sim anything with artifact, only without, so we only have indications of what talents we might pick.
    Last edited by mmocf111fc0d5c; 2016-07-06 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    by the time you come back we'll probably have more tuning. however, ghouls (army + apoc) currently are doing around 8% of my damage not including the damage buff they give while up. (soul reaper has good functionality with apoc seeing that they do more damage now as well)

------

dark arbiter seems nerf or its doing less damage for me. anyone else noticing this?
    It wasn't nerfed but it seemed more buggy with dieing early. Also secondaries were nerfed on enchants/FC nerf which all directly affect DA

The only real complaint I have with our tuning is Virulent Plague. For AoE its good (not great, but good). For ST its...lacking. I dont know if its needs a direct buff so much as maybe stronger artifact or talent support. We have very few things that actually buff our disease.

Edit:

The Apoc strike being 20% weaker than a single Festering Strike is a little odd too. Doesnt matter in the grand scheme of things. Just seems kinda weird.
    Seems like a really nitpicky thing to complain about tbh. Our disease just isn't going to be a powerhouse single target. We have other mechanics for that, and our disease scales exponentially the more mobs there are, so it can't be too good on a low amount of targets anyway. Also, you need to actually think for a second. Apocalypse isn't just a solitary strike. It also bursts wounds, which is the whole point, which gives up to another 560% damage and all the runic power that leads from that. Also spawns 8 ghouls for a time. It's much stronger than Festering Strike.