Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Why these things must be done using social networks? It feels silly. And what, on earth, does this have to do with the streamers?

Just make an in-game contest. It can be a test of skills, PvE/PvP, or even a more casual lottery among, say, who did succeed in some heroic dungeon/mythic dungeon/rbg in a given day, or completed a given quest.

There's no reason to push these in-game activities outside the game itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He really isn't a fanboy though. He is something you can't call him here because facts aren't allowed.
    If you say so...I know from what I've seen of him he really does seem like one...but then again I'm not as well versed as some people lol

Look at all the whiners that somehow along the way forgot to have fun... Even if they just threw these keys out to the first brat that came along, doesn't mean YOU would get one...

It's not like these are difficult hoops to jump through.

I'm so out of the loop with all this shit, I honestly don't even know what they're talking about. Towely-what?

So these are some Youtube dorks or something like that, and you're supposed to log into the game when they tweet something and make a screenshot of some mob or what?

Why would you wanna get into beta anyway. Xpac is coming out in a few weeks.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is such a shitty promotion from Blizzard... i feel sorry for the depths of depravation they have dipped into...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Look at all the whiners that somehow along the way forgot to have fun... Even if they just threw these keys out to the first brat that came along, doesn't mean YOU would get one...

This is exactly what im talking about. These self entitled whiners just think that they should get free keys without having to do anything. This is just a fun way to distribute keys to people who WANT a key and will post a fun picture of a demon on twitter.

All i can say, is if you refuse to get on board with twitter, then you don't get a key. Plain and simple. Stop whining and either do what the contest asks of you or dont participate.

I've never seen such a big deal made out of a harmless giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is exactly what im talking about. These self entitled whiners just think that they should get free keys without having to do anything. This is just a fun way to distribute keys to people who WANT a key and will post a fun picture of a demon on twitter.

All i can say, is if you refuse to get on board with twitter, then you don't get a key. Plain and simple. Stop whining and either do what the contest asks of you or dont participate.

Indeed, just shows how toxic the community has become. They're angry when Blizzard doesn't do anything to include them, and they're angry when they create events that requires players to be involved somehow no matter how simple...

Say Jayjay, is not getting on Twitter also antisocial and anti-community? You're quite the expert on these matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I wish they would do in game events where you have to resolve a puzzle to go to a location or find something and the first 100 people to do it then get flagged for beta. But that is never going to happen it seems
    I would say due to a lot of 3rd party hacks and bots i could see in-game events being compromised.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who even use twitter? And that towliee dude is soooooo salty to listen to.

This is literally figuratively the worst way they could have done this.

Not to mention the lack of preparation on behalf of the streamers (so far) but twitter just isn't a good platform for this at all.

This should have all been done through the official Warcraft twitch or twitter to give clues on where to find events that happen IN GAME. Non of this out-of-game bullshit, The streamers are quite happily telling us how *fun* this event is.. Fun for them maybe.. it's not fun for us to sit for how many hours watching them look at pictures just to see if they happen to pick ours. < My opinion

Oh and Toweliee's little rant at the end there insulting anyone who doesn't watch streams, Insulting anyone who didn't like his self-promoting event and generally being a 'superior-than-thou' 'you-don't-deserve-us' dick was nothing short of disgusting. I've been a follower of his for a long time but I won't be anymore, what an attitude. He literally (wait no, yep *literally*) told us to *fuck off* on a stream being endorsed officially by Blizz that there should be more than enough to strike him from any future promotions imo.

It's really silly.

#screwblizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post

Not to mention the lack of preparation on behalf of the streamers (so far) but twitter just isn't a good platform for this at all.

This should have all been done through the official Warcraft twitch or twitter to give clues on where to find events that happen IN GAME. Non of this out-of-game bullshit, The streamers are quite happily telling us how *fun* this event is.. Fun for them maybe.. it's not fun for us to sit for how many hours watching them look at pictures just to see if they happen to pick ours. < My opinion

Oh and Toweliee's little rant at the end there insulting anyone who doesn't watch streams, Insulting anyone who didn't like his self-promoting event and generally being a 'superior-than-thou' 'you-don't-deserve-us' dick was nothing short of disgusting. I've been a follower of his for a long time but I won't be anymore, what an attitude. He literally (wait no, yep *literally*) told us to *fuck off* on a stream being endorsed officially by Blizz that there should be more than enough to strike him from any future promotions imo.
    Toweliee couldn't be harder to watch. I didn't see this stream, but pretty much everything about him triggers my bully instinct.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Been hearing that atleast some of the keys were given out to people already with beta. That wouldnt be happening if Blizz was just flagging accounts and tbh even if i didnt make it in via the random wave i would much prefer that method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poofieball View Post
    Who even use twitter? And that towliee dude is soooooo salty to listen to.
    310 million people as of Q1 2016.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...rs%20worldwide

so roughly 1/20th of the worlds population.

Id say thats a good medium of communication dont you think?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post

So true Toweliee is such a douche.

I commented in another thread yesterday saying how it was just gonna be some stupid gimmick event that I wont waste my time on, and looks like I was right. This is stupid, for one I keep my wow gaming and most of my gaming in general off of social media, I dont post things to facebook about gaming or nothing of that nature. Sure call me what you like but I prefer to keep that part of my life out of my every day social life. What ever happened to good old fashioned beta waves, like they used to do all the time. I mean its obvious twitter has paid blizzard millions, and that probably etails blizzard using twitter a certain amount during their life, and itll come with facebook eventually too.

Was hoping for something that didn't involve twitch channels of community college drop outs or their daycare followers. I want nothing from these anointed, "generals" and never will.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    310 million people as of Q1 2016.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...rs%20worldwide

so roughly 1/20th of the worlds population.

Id say thats a good medium of communication dont you think?
    now take away multiple accounts from same person for such things as giveaways / multi promotions / guys like kungen who has like 4? twitter accounts guys with buiseness acc private acc etc etc .. just go and create your dumb threads to get attantion and hopefully get perma banned soon

towelliee is a bully because he grew up 400 pounds and every made fun of him, so now using his streamer platform he talks shit on anyone and everyone in his chat he can because it makes him feel good about himself, while mindlessly rubbing his nipples because it makes his scars feel good.