10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Or druid. Or... anything for that matter. I'll still be rolling pally cause I'm a try hard with hope, but the back up classes are everything but holy pally. I've got many choices to pick from!
    I feel the same. Either get my shaman or drood and try to raid, or say screw it and just do PVP on some DPS class. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    Cant wait for the mythic raids running Druid, Druid, Shaman, Shaman, Holypriest/Shaman/Druid followed by the inevitable bandaid fixes in the 3 months post-launch.
    Yes, this is bloody depressing.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I feel the same. Either get my shaman or drood and try to raid, or say screw it and just do PVP on some DPS class. -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, this is bloody depressing.
    To be honest unless you are in a high-end guild in the end it won't really matter. It's really not that horrible, I was partially memeing before.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    To be honest unless you are in a high-end guild in the end it won't really matter. It's really not that horrible, I was partially memeing before.
    Yes, I got that part But still, raid CDs are pretty important (and perhaps more so) in a "standard" guild to save from potential wipes.
    The only thing preventing me from rerolling is the bubble which allows me to get away from quite a bit of crap.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I got that part But still, raid CDs are pretty important (and perhaps more so) in a "standard" guild to save from potential wipes.
    The only thing preventing me from rerolling is the bubble which allows me to get away from quite a bit of crap.
    Our bubble is kinda crappy now too. It doesn't remove any debuffs or prevent them from what I've heard.

Haven't tested it for myself though...

Our bubble is kinda crappy now too. It doesn't remove any debuffs or prevent them from what I've heard.

Haven't tested it for myself though...
    Many either pierce bubble or at the very least doesnt get removed so you would still have to deal with it (like if its something you drop beneath you or if you explode etc) though it does block any damage done to yourself in this case.

cba reading the whole thread...

havent really healed much in wow, but really want to get into it

is holy fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nthus View Post
    cba reading the whole thread...

havent really healed much in wow, but really want to get into it

is holy fun?
    Holy feels very clunky at the moment to be honest, it's not a very fluid spec in terms of what buttons you hit, you just kinda feel like you are playing whale-a-mole.

Holy feels very clunky at the moment to be honest, it's not a very fluid spec in terms of what buttons you hit, you just kinda feel like you are playing whale-a-mole.
    what healer would you suggest for a noob looking to get into heroic+ raiding

On another note, they nerfed Bottled Hurricane trinket to the ground. Heroic ones heals for 2733 health per tick per stack, previously it was around 8k?

Or maybe resto shaman?
    yah probably that! waiting and still hoping for some dramastic change, but the expension is out in a month and half so ... yah
    Ohhh Deer,Resto shaman in legion

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    On another note, they nerfed Bottled Hurricane trinket to the ground. Heroic ones heals for 2733 health per tick per stack, previously it was around 8k?
    Yep I think it was like 8.7k per stack before.

You guys are all acting like the sky is falling and it really isn't. Holy Paladin is still going to be just fine. If you don't like playing Holy Paladin that's one thing, but you're still going to see plenty of Holy Paladins in high-end raiding guilds. We still have a good raid CD in Devo, we still have the best tank healing (yes some classes can heal tanks well, but they can't keep up with raid healing as easily while doing it), and we are still easily the most mana efficient. By a mile.

I think Shaman are definitely very strong, but I'm not convinced that Druids can sustain decent HPS over longer fights. Mistweavers, Holy Paladins, and Holy Priests are all relatively similar in my opinion. We're definitely not mandatory, but we're not even close to bad enough to warrant rerolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post
    You guys are all acting like the sky is falling and it really isn't. Holy Paladin is still going to be just fine. If you don't like playing Holy Paladin that's one thing, but you're still going to see plenty of Holy Paladins in high-end raiding guilds. We still have a good raid CD in Devo, we still have the best tank healing (yes some classes can heal tanks well, but they can't keep up with raid healing as easily while doing it), and we are still easily the most mana efficient. By a mile.

I think Shaman are definitely very strong, but I'm not convinced that Druids can sustain decent HPS over longer fights. Mistweavers, Holy Paladins, and Holy Priests are all relatively similar in my opinion. We're definitely not mandatory, but we're not even close to bad enough to warrant rerolling.
    Finally someone that i can relate to.

Also for the paladins playing beta, what path you guys toke for the artifact and which relics you are using (or you wish you would)?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-c...M9ADPRA0ogNT4B

Aim for that.

And it's not that the sky is falling, just Paladins are no where near as overbearing as they were before. Personally I had to play Paladin because my guild simply needed one, I look forward to able to play what I want to play since they are no where near mandatory anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post

*The playstyle is flat/static/dull compared to other healers. We are woefully lacking in meaningful synergy and a cohesive set of abilities and talents. We have large tuning points around completely uncontrolled abilities (e.g., second sunrise, saved by the light, etc) and in the case of second sunrise, the proc is strong, but the chance is low + on a 12s cd ability and can just as easily proc when it's not very useful as when it is.

*Holy Paladin: the only healer that will need to make a conscious effort to smile when getting a legendary. (no, not every legendary for every healer is stellar, but there are some cool* and interesting* choices for the other healers)

*Devo's cd is perfectly nice, but it doesn't really feel great to pick a talent which does nothing except for when using a CD that you supposedly have baseline. Althought I think in most cases, it won't offer any more effective health than HTT, DH, Tranq, I will concede that there will probably be a few instances in the expansion that make it very strong and that the reduction specifically on the tank cannot be overlooked.

*Every time you heal your beacon target, you're essentially undertuning yourself. We are already very mana efficient and we have no mana dump to incentivize periods of mana saving. This also makes for less-than-compelling gameplay, as there is no thought to being dynamic with your mana.

Yes, we passively heal the tank without spending GCD's, but we're tuned around that healing. Other healers can throw heals on the tank with no reduction to the effectiveness of that heal, but every time a paladin feels the need to heal the tank directly, they are taking a 40% (or rather 1/1.4*100~28.5%) output reduction on that heal.

Keep up with raid healing while healing the tank? You mean like having a healing rain and some riptides rolling then throwing chain heals through the tank? Like having an efflo and HoTs rolling and throwing regrowth onto the tank? I'm not arguing the proven throughput of beacon, but I'm saying it's just passive tank healing and when the tank actually needs direct healing, the holy paladin should be the last person to heal them. And in a fight where there will be moderate to heavy damage on only a few people—the place where we should really shine because the larger AoE's from other healers aren't as effective—you could just as easily bring a druid specced to keep HoT's up on 2-4 targets.

Will holy paladin be fine? Sure, in the same way holy priest is fine on live right now.

If my character is boring, but is a meter monster, I still have a reason to play it.
    If my character is nothing special on a meter but is lots of fun* to play—dynamic abilities/resource management, synergies, cool abilities/movement— I still have a reason to play it.
    If my character is nothing special on a meter and doesn't have particularly cool gameplay, but it consistently brings something unique and useful to a group, I still have a reason to play it.

But,
    If I'm nothing special on a meter
    If my gameplay lacks the cool* elements of other healers
    If my character brings nothing unique and useful to the group

Then the only reason I have left to play it is sentimental attachment, a bunch of vanity/flavor items, and transmog collections.

And I really don't like the idea of having to choose between a "good" character and a character that I've invested so much into.

*Yes, it's subjective and I'm sure there are some people that love watching a HS cd and spamming FoL.
    Last edited by Spazzix; 2016-07-07 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    If you havent tested Aura of Sacrifice for raid, you really should.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    If you havent tested Aura of Sacrifice for raid, you really should.
    Its worse than Mercy and it randomly puts your life at risk. If you need an actual raid cooldown, bring a druid/shaman/monk/priest.

Its worse than Mercy and it randomly puts your life at risk. If you need an actual raid cooldown, bring a druid/shaman/monk/priest.
    So then Devo aura is the best option?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    So then Devo aura is the best option?
    No, Mercy is.

If you really, really need that extra burst raid CD Sac could fill it. Just too many variables with the CD tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nthus View Post
    what healer would you suggest for a noob looking to get into heroic+ raiding
    Honestly, play what you like. Nothing at the moment is overly complicated (except Disc) to the point where, at minimum, average player shouldn't be able to pick it up.

Deleted
    Being at 75% life isnt a risk for your life. Aura of sacrifice heals for a ton more then mercy.

Also in raids its an ability thats perfect to combine with other healers. Makes prayer of mending bounce more. Combos with earth warden totem and spirit link totem. Reduces burst and make hots better at handle bursts.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2016-07-07 at 09:20 AM.