Poll: When Did You Enjoy Your Class/Spec The Most?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

When Did Your Class/Spec Feel At Its Best?

Every expansion we hear "They ruined [spec/class] for me" or "Blah Blah expansion was the best for [spec/class].

Thinking of one spec (Probably the one you mained the longest.) in which expansion did you feel was the best for that spec/class?
    (Feel free to add addition classes in a comment but vote for one.)

For me for Ret Paladin would of been Wrath, as it was the beginning of Retribution being a comparable to the other melee dps specs. I did good numbers in raids, the survival-ability was great in pvp yet still packed a punch. towards the end of Wrath Ret made good tanks for quick heroic 5mans.

For Warrior my favorite moment was Cataclysm not only for the numbers we did in Raids but Fury PVP was so fun, out of all the expansions I enjoyed PVP the most.

Monk Windwalker - ToT during the Rune era.

Retribution paladin during Wrath of the Lich king. So easy and fluid and perfect. Hate that stupid holy power garbage. Ever since cataclysm, they made rotations hard/annoying/clunky just for the sake of change. Either have complicated raid mechanics, or hard rotations - not both. Its getting obnoxious the amount of addons you need to play this game properly in raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Elemental Shaman in arenas in WOTLK. Was so easy and intuitive to play - hard burst but squishy, so wasn't overpowered. Now just clunky procs lighting up all over the place. I miss my three button rotations from WOTLK. Honestly. I might sound like an asshole, but its the truth.

In fact, ever since cataclysm every class has a bunch more annoying procs/resources/buffs to manage, for no reason - the only class that had a bad rotation was arcane mages in WOTLK. They didn't need to make everything so much goddamn harder/clunky/irritating, ON TOP of increasing the complexity of raid mechanics.

Also, I think wrath had the perfect amount of raid mechanics as well. Ever since cataclysm every boss needs to have a trillion abilities going on at the same time. I think I completely lost my shit in mogushan vaults playing a fire mage - maintaining that stupid evocation buff, while moving in and out stacking to soak those arcane charge things, was so damn annoying I hated it.
    Last edited by Detan; 2016-07-06 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detan View Post
    Retribution paladin during Wrath of the Lich king. So easy and fluid and perfect. Hate that stupid holy power garbage. Ever since cataclysm, they made rotations hard/annoying/clunky just for the sake of change. Either have complicated raid mechanics, or hard rotations - not both. Its getting obnoxious the amount of addons you need to play this game properly in raids.

I used to always be Neck and Neck with a fury warrior on Saurfang in ICC, when they made Inquisition a huge amount of our dps i had to do 20%-30% less damage because of it. In Cata not having INQ up because you were hoping for a DF proc was a large dps loss every second you didnt have INQ up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Detan View Post
    Or Elemental Shaman in arenas in WOTLK. Was so easy and intuitive to play - hard burst but squishy, so wasn't overpowered. Now just clunky procs lighting up all over the place. I miss my three button rotations from WOTLK. Honestly. I might sound like an asshole, but its the truth.
    Unless you went up against a Prot paladin. Used to run into so many Ele shamans in arena that couldn do much againsts a boomkin and protadin

Elemental shaman - Wrath

Yes, we were turrets, but we hit like fucking freight trains. No lava surge procs for Lava Burst, but you didn't need them because LvB was an actual BURST. Also had handy passive damage reduction cooldowns when stunned (which to be fair, sham rage as baseline is a more balanced solution). Dispel protection for flame shock. Decent self healing capability (lesser heal wave actually worked quite well).

Honorable mention goes to MoP, though. Decent single target dps, batshit crazy good 3-5 target cleave (gg Sith spec shaman). All they had to do was add WoD's echo of elements and the improved earthquake passive to MoP ele, and minus shitty number tuning, all of us ele shaman would've been happy, to an extent.

No big deal, though; the crappines of shaman in WoD, along with the xpac in general, led me to BLM (Black Mage) in FF14, where it's like wrath era ele all over again.

Bear Tank.

I could get aggro on a group, pull the next group while the DPS finished off the first group, all while never losing aggro and only using ~3 buttons.

Hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Bear Tank.

I could get aggro on a group, pull the next group while the DPS finished off the first group, all while never losing aggro and only using ~3 buttons.

Hell yes.
    Long live WOTLK aoe-fest heroics when overgeared. God I miss that expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot/Ret in Mists, haste stacking was such a fun thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Arcane Mage PvP during Season 5 felt great. I remember how Holy Paladins were terrorizing the brackets with their Death Knight partners, until I eventually figured out that they could be bursted from 100% health to 0% inside a partner Fear > Blanket CS.

It was fun for me, at least.

Deleted
    Brewmaster Monk - Mop during ToT and SoO
    Feral Druid (Dps) - Wrath during ICC

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priests. Cata. Specifically Dragon Soul.

TBH that was more down to the tier bonuses than anything. On demand burst with Shadowfiend. And SW: D hitting like an absolute truck. Sure the RNG nature of orb generation outside of tier bonus Shadowfiend was a bit crappy, but it's never been better before or since.

Speaking of RNG orb procs... Special mention to AS spec in Warlords. Great fun when you had the crit for it. The sub specs of CoP and AS were a nice change and as a result we've probably changed our talents on a fight by fight basis more than any other class in the game. It kept us craving gear and learning new rotations depending on which sub spec was the stronger.

We'll see how the Voidform experiment has fared in a couple of years...

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladin: I actually like right now. It was decent in MoP, but there were a few small improvements to it for WoD, which I really enjoyed.
    Ret paladin: During 3.3. It was simple, you always had something to do, and it looked nice

10+ Year Old Account
    I played protection and retribution paladin, frost and arcane Mage during Wrath. The specs felt great.

Honestly, for me, it's hard to say. All I know is that, as far as hunter is concerned, for me, the answer is "not Cataclysm," but only because I had a hard time adjusting from mana to Focus for some reason- it was a large change for me, and I just didn't like it at first. I mained my Death Knight that expansion.

That said, I honestly don't really remember my rotation or class "feel" that much when trying to remember expansions and content, unless it was so bad that it caused me to swap mains. To me, my hunter was very fun in BC, in Wrath, in Mists, and in WoD. None of them stand out as the "best."

Shadow Priest in WOD, I really loved the spec, too bad they're wrecking it in Legion.
    Also I find it interesting that nobody have answered TBC yet, the expansion considered to be the best Blizzard have yet to produce. Could mean that what made TBC great had nothing to do with class design.

MoP was far and away the best expansion for prot paladins. I liked my balance druid in WoD best. I've bounced between those 2 classes since TBC

I loved arms during ICC, most fun I've ever had with it.

I'm not saying it categorically was the best time for arms design wise just that it was my best time with the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM Hunter - Mists, I loved the spec then.
    Protection Warrior - probably Mists as well.
    Fury - Legion beta
    Frost DK - Wrath (I loved Frost tanking)
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Fury warrior Tier 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Shadow Priest in WOD, I really loved the spec, too bad they're wrecking it in Legion.
    Also I find it interesting that nobody have answered TBC yet, the expansion considered to be the best Blizzard have yet to produce. Could mean that what made TBC great had nothing to do with class design.
    Because it didn't, class balance was crap for most of BC. Blizzard was still firmly in the 'niche roles' mindset. Paladin tank for lots of mobs/trash, warrior tank for boss (Illidan's Shear mechanic for example) etc.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.