Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    lol what's so great about the confed cup?
    Extra (relevant if we're participating) football in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    With France, you already know we're gonna get majorly robbed.
    That's true but i am not counting with that already. If the referees do a good job i think France is easier for our football.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Whats a confed cup ?^^

small tournament: all continental champions + world champion + host team (russia)

basically a rehearsal für the world cup on a smaller scale

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-emptively gonna say it here: either of those that play tomorrow not only deserve the cup more, they will also likely win against us. That being said i obviously want Portugal to win, and if we pull off a very good game we just might.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    That's true but i am not counting with that already. If the referees do a good job i think France is easier for our football.
    France's attack > Germany's attack, in my opinion.
    However, Germany's defense >> France's defense. I really don't want to play against France, their midfield is so strong if they play with Kante, Matuidi and Pogba, that we'll likely have 0 ball possession.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    small tournament: all continental champions + world champion + host team (russia)

basically a rehearsal für the world cup on a smaller scale
    I know was just joking how unimportant this cup is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Pre-emptively gonna say it here: either of those that play tomorrow not only deserve the cup more, they will also likely win against us. That being said i obviously want Portugal to win, and if we pull off a very good game we just might.
    I agree. Although it pisses me off to see both the French and the German so arrogant that whoever wins their game, wins the tournament, it's likely true.

I agree. Although it pisses me off to see both the French and the German so arrogant that whoever wins their game, wins the tournament, it's likely true.
    Unless we somehow beat them they are undoubtedly the best teams of the tournament followed by us and Italy.

France is very strong and germany know very well how to beat portugal its more commen sense then beeing arrogant.

Deleted
    France is very strong and germany know very well how to beat portugal its more commen sense then beeing arrogant.
    Common sense is saying that both teams are strong and the odds are in their favor. The people in this thread literally say "if we reach the final, we already won", that's being arrogant. (I know it wasn't you who said that, but it stands that other people did it)

In 2012 we gave you you a hell of a hard time. It was group stage tho.

In 2014 our coach went with some retard choices to Brazil and Pepe screw up at the start. Ronaldo injured. It was just a shitty year for us.

Portugal 2-3 Germany in 2008. Awesome game too.

Germany doesn't look as impressive this year as in 2012 or 2014. You are favorites tho, ofc.

Deleted
    However, Germany's defense >> France's defense.
    With Khedira out, Hummels out, Schweinsteiger possibly out and inexperienced and defensively mistake-prone Kimmich - who is talented and stuff - in a position that will be a key matchup against France (and Portugal if...), I don't really buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    With Khedira out, Hummels out, Schweinsteiger possibly out and inexperienced and defensively mistake-prone Kimmich - who is talented and stuff - in a position that will be a key matchup against France (and Portugal if...), I don't really buy that.
    Schweinsteiger will play and we going to play with 4 in the back Kimmich Mustafi Boateng and Höwedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    In 2012 we gave you you a hell of a hard time. It was group stage tho.

In 2014 our coach went with some retard choices to Brazil and Pepe screw up at the start. Ronaldo injured. It was just a shitty year for us.

Portugal 2-3 Germany in 2008. Awesome game too.

Germany doesn't look as impressive this year as in 2012 or 2014. You are favorites tho, ofc.
    2-3 to 0-1 to 0-4 looks like germany is improving against portugal.
    How the hell is the german defence not impressive 1 goal from Italy and thats it.

2-3 to 0-1 to 0-4 looks like germany is improving against portugal.
    How the hell is the german defence not impressive 1 goal from Italy and thats it.
    Like i said already, don't compare 2014 to the other competitions we were on since 2004. Injured Ronaldo, Pepe retard mode on, retard 11s and 23 from the coach, etc, etc.

Didn't said your defense isn't impressive, i said that overall you are below yourselves in 2014 and 2012.
    Last edited by Sughs; 2016-07-06 at 11:12 PM.

Deleted
    Ye but that 4-0 was consequence of a shitty penalty as Germany's first goal, Pepe's dumbness that got him a red card and we also had a clear penalty in our favour which was not awarded. That's just excuses though, Germany was clearly superior. We are much better than we were in 2014 and Germany is a bit worse, although still the strongest team.

People may say that we played bad this tournament, but our team is clearly on the rise, especially when taking into consideration our youth teams, which not only do good tournaments, but also good exhibitions (for example, 5-0 against Germany at under 21 Euro semi finals last year, 3 of those players are in the starting 11 in our main team).
    Last edited by mmoc6cf4b9154f; 2016-07-06 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portugal heads for the final and i've only watched one game of this tournament so far...damn night shifts.

Germany or France, i predict Portugal loses to the shadowy hand of the football industry

this is going to be the most boring final in a long time... france or germany, doesnt matter whos destroying Portugal.

Biggest Joke that they are in the Final with 5 draws and only 1 win in regular time... say thanks to "best 3rd places" too i guess

realy ... worst Eurocup ever
    Last edited by classic username; 2016-07-07 at 02:29 AM.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can see portugal winning it now. Get draws up to the later stages then end up winning the tournament because fuck it yolo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Honestly, you're taking the piss right? No one in their right mind could watch that game and suggest Wales were anything but an utter disappointment.
    So were Portugal for 87 minutes of it. Seriously, contesting the 'better side' in that is like contesting the Tory leadership.

France V Germany is the big game, couldn't stand a Germany Portugal final, France have just got to win.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wales really missed Ramsey. He was playing great for them.

France vs Germany tomorrow morning for me. Please be a good game.