Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Freedom of speech is not remotely relevant here.

The Goverment cannot put you in jail for what you say.

It says NOTHING about guidelines of what you can and cannot say, in a Video game, where you agree upon the Terms of use, based on what Blizzard says.
    It's dishonest to support an idea in one place and try to kill it in another. There is nothing forcing Blizz to police what you say and when it's done it's just because of customer demand.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Because the rest doesn't care, if you want a certain behaviour then find likeminded people and create your own little group but don't try to force others to cater to your whims.

On topic how about save space feature? Players can select save space mode where they will only be grouped with likeminded people in all activities and all non-save space users messages are blocked. Additionally anyone reported get's kicked from the save space forever.
    What do you think the inflated requirements are doing, adding in additional demands above what blizzard are dictating, so very ironic you saying that we are the ones doing the forcing.
    We keep getting all the flack for behaviour that we are not responsible for.
    It is always the victim who has to solve the problems someone else creates.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    No, censoring in video games like this is literally more cancerous than the toxic comments/actions themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What do you think the inflated requirements are doing, adding in additional demands above what blizzard are dictating, so very ironic you saying that we are the ones doing the forcing.
    Unless, you know, they are fake problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I don't want Blizzard banning me, so - sorry jlock - I don't want any restrictions <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Unless, you know, they are fake problems.
    Nothing fake about it.
    You just don't want to acknowledge it exists.
    If these problems didn't exist, why would LFR continue to be something to complain about.
    Because those problems make it more necessary than ever.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Well sure. I'm fine with that. If its occurring often enough and GMs find it to be "toxic" (totally overused) then sure. But can you imagine punishments being doled out every time someone is "offended" ... then it goes from that to every time someone is "annoyed.
    The ignore function already covers wether you are annoyed or not.

And the usual cases of where people do get muted in DoTa, for instance, is when someone is genuinly being verbally abusive (see: Plain Racist, swearing A LOT, insulting A lot or screaming on Voice Chat) - You can still insult people and what not, as you can mute people both by text and Voice, but it takes quite a bit to get someone actually muted.

Just that the DoTA population has reviews of said reports, idk if that would work for WoW

- - - Updated - - -

It's dishonest to support an idea in one place and try to kill it in another. There is nothing forcing Blizz to police what you say and when it's done it's just because of customer demand.
    How is it dishonest?

It's contextually based.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought it would be an interesting experiment for Blizzard to disconnect someone for like five minutes when they write 'fuck' or something like that in Trade. No warnings or anything. Just "You've been disconnected from the server" with a countdown that starts at 5:00. Really annoying and after a while the problem would clean itself right up.

This is slightly different but I'm all for putting players who can't obey the rules into a penalty box for a while. Blizzard doesn't seem to be able to manage it on a consistent basis and I don't actually know how you would with millions of players scattered all over servers everywhere in the world. But it wouldn't bother me a bit. Their lack of action on this likely hurts them in all their games more than they really know. But especially with WoW which still relies on more than box sales.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Nothing fake about it.
    You just don't want to acknowledge it exists.
    If these problems didn't exist, why would LFR continue to be something to complain about.
    Because those problems make it more necessary than ever.
    People complain about everything, that doesn't mean any of those complaints are valid.

Deleted
    There is no problem unless you define it as one for yourself. You get flack for behaviour you show yourself and nothing else. Namely creating drama and demands of policing cause you can't simply ignore someone writing something you dislike like the rest of the world. Nobody wants to hear someone whining and in that sense these posts here are no better than the flamers. At least they don't try to police us.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've always thought it would be an interesting experiment for Blizzard to disconnect someone for like five minutes when they write 'fuck' or something like that in Trade. No warnings or anything. Just "You've been disconnected from the server" with a countdown that starts at 5:00. Really annoying and after a while the problem would clean itself right up.

This is slightly different but I'm all for putting players who can't obey the rules into a penalty box for a while. Blizzard doesn't seem to be able to manage it on a consistent basis and I don't actually know how you would with millions of players scattered all over servers everywhere in the world. But it wouldn't bother me a bit. Their lack of action on this likely hurts them in all their games more than they really know. But especially with WoW which still relies on more than box sales.
    I hate to say it, but that would actually cause me to quit. Really? The F word?

Deleted

You have a profanity filter for that.

Also, lol that writing "Fuck" would warrant 5 minutes "Timeout".

Have you ever played Moba Games?

Deleted
    People quickly jump on the spamming for a group before lookingfor was tedious and in someways it was, but it also meant chat had a reason to be there. With autoqueues nobody really cares for chat, its just a place that is full of <Tryhards> looking for guildy spam or <goldsellers> selling mythic Arch runs. Without the community needing the chat function for anything more than anal spam it really is just going to become a toxic atmosphere. With the death of servers its just far too late to police the community in any sensible way and probably not even worth them trying. If anything just remove all the global channels. Give the community better control over how channels are made/enforced and let them police it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to say it, but that would actually cause me to quit. Really? The F word?
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You have a profanity filter for that.

Also, lol that writing "Fuck" would warrant 5 minutes "Timeout".

Have you ever played Moba Games?
    Having a profanity filter available is beside the point. There are profanity rules in the TOS.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    When engaging in Chat, you may not:
    (i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above.
    Yeah, I've played MOBA games. You two make it sound so difficult to not type four little letters.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Having a profanity filter available is beside the point. There are profanity rules in the TOS.
    (i) Transmit or post any content or language which, in the sole and absolute discretion of Blizzard, is deemed to be offensive, including without limitation content or language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, nor may you use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the content and language restrictions listed above.
    Yeah, I've played MOBA games. You two make it sound so difficult to not type four little letters.
    If it was against the rules AND they'd enforce it, you'd not have a profanity filter, would you.

Also, it's not about it not being hard, it's more about how silly you are, when you propose a 5 minute timeout to people who spell out 4 letters.

It's borderline policing social interactions to the extreme, because someone might get offended by one single word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Because that's how life works.
    No, it is not. See ; Laws.

You typed it in the post you made. I guess I should report you and hope for an infraction?

But yeah, having a filter isn't an issue. Thats why its there.

There is no problem unless you define it as one for yourself. You get flack for behaviour you show yourself and nothing else. Namely creating drama and demands of policing cause you can't simply ignore someone writing something you dislike like the rest of the world. Nobody wants to hear someone whining and in that sense these posts here are no better than the flamers. At least they don't try to police us.
    The problem is defined by player behaviour, which I proved.
    You cant say that I am fabricating the issue of player created segregation when I just described it.
    You just don't want to admit to being part of the problem.

I have been told to solve the issue created by other players myself, which is the very demanding you accuse me of.
    Stop being a hypocrite.
    Accusing me of doing something bad while doing it yourself.

And why should it always be down to those on the receiving end to deal with the problem.
    Because dealing with the problem is quick and easy?

Literally just right click name -> Ignore. Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    You typed it in the post you made. I guess I should report you and hope for an infraction?
    The game and this site are two different things of course. How could you not know that? Different houses; different rules.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-07-07 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of Blizzard implementing a system that would put some sort of restrictions on accounts that are found to be posting toxic shit either on their official forums or in the game itself?

What I mean by this is not straight up bans from playing the game, but if a person is caught spamming trade, trolling trade, spamming negativity about the game all over the official forums, maybe have posting rights taken on the forums, or if it is in game toxicity then maybe remove access to the AH for a couple days, or restrict the account from entering raid instances for a week, or something similar?

The point is, if players know they can and would have account restrictions as punishment for acting toxic in game and on the official forums, it would reduce the amount of toxicity seen in the game, in the queue system, etc. Obviously the current ban system that blizzard has would continue to be the same (for like botting and racist and other stuff ban worthy), but for just being plain negative and toxic, would account restrictions help curb that?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you guys think on the matter.
    Wait, so ban someone's account from the forums if they post negative feedback or information about the game. That's totally acceptable. lol. When it comes to ingame, get over it and don't cry about it. Ignore them and youre fine. A lot of the community has become hostile to players that are half braindead monkeys simply because they are so bad at the game, and put it no effort to improve. Sorry if you do 30k dps at a 710+ ilvl, I'm gonna tell you to do a better job by reading guides, asking for help, or watching videos.....or I'm just gonna tell you to gtfo of the raid and boot you.