Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The problem is defined by player behaviour, which I proved.
    You cant say that I am fabricating the issue of player created segregation when I just described it.
    You just don't want to admit to being part of the problem.

I have been told to solve the issue created by other players myself, which is the very demanding you accuse me of.
    Stop being a hypocrite.
    Accusing me of doing something bad while doing it yourself.

If i play bad in a game and get flamed i don't make it an issue. The flamer just gets a bit rid of his frustration and that's it. Best case he plays better after that.
    You get flamed, you declare it a problem and want policing and run arround with that toxic meme. You make it a problem, not the flamer, not me. And realistically when you censor him he will just ragequit the game and make you lose which turns it even worse.

I have no interest in your censorship demands nor in players fucking up my game when you make it mandatory for everyone. This is why I'm even writing. If you have a problem with it deal it on your own but don't try to drag everyone into it.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post

How is it dishonest?

It's contextually based.
    You can find of course sensible practical reasons to ban topics like people having no desire to get real live problems into the game i.e. politics but it doesn't absolve that decision against your original ideal if you held it. You're compromising your original values for convenience at that point.
    Last edited by mmoc1be018301a; 2016-07-07 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Wait, so ban someone's account from the forums if they post negative feedback or information about the game. That's totally acceptable. lol. When it comes to ingame, get over it and don't cry about it. Ignore them and youre fine. A lot of the community has become hostile to players that are half braindead monkeys simply because they are so bad at the game, and put it no effort to improve. Sorry if you do 30k dps at a 710+ ilvl, I'm gonna tell you to do a better job by reading guides, asking for help, or watching videos.....or I'm just gonna tell you to gtfo of the raid and boot you.
    If you do that in LFR you'll get the ignore.. The bad at the game crew aren't interested in community or improvement, they just want to mash buttons and feel acomplished at getting everything in the game for little effort. That's why they spout nonsense about them wanting the best gear or mounts being available in different colours for all raids. They just want to tick the boxes of completion. The idea of involvement or effort is alien to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    You can find of course sensible practical reasons to ban topics like people having no desire to get real live problems into the game i.e. politics but it doesn't absolve that decision against your original ideal if you held it. You're compromising your original values for convenience at that point.
    Values change based on the situation. That's the entire point of a review system.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The game and this site are two different things of course. How could you not know that? Different houses; different rules.
    If cursing is that bad, then this site should adopt those rules as well.... Oh wait, its not.

can't decide.

Yes it would help, negativity and trolling is one of the reasons great communities fall apart.

On the other side, freedom of speech motto is strong with the force and we should not mess up with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    can we define pointless-ness as toxic behaviour ?

You could try I suppose. Anything to silence others right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of Blizzard implementing a system that would put some sort of restrictions on accounts that are found to be posting toxic shit either on their official forums or in the game itself?

What I mean by this is not straight up bans from playing the game, but if a person is caught spamming trade, trolling trade, spamming negativity about the game all over the official forums, maybe have posting rights taken on the forums, or if it is in game toxicity then maybe remove access to the AH for a couple days, or restrict the account from entering raid instances for a week, or something similar?

The point is, if players know they can and would have account restrictions as punishment for acting toxic in game and on the official forums, it would reduce the amount of toxicity seen in the game, in the queue system, etc. Obviously the current ban system that blizzard has would continue to be the same (for like botting and racist and other stuff ban worthy), but for just being plain negative and toxic, would account restrictions help curb that?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you guys think on the matter.
    To a pussy, anyone is a toxic player.

Man up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Policing of this would be horrible and would create a big brother atmosphere in an already socially struggling game. Freedom of speech allows people to express themselves both negatively but also positively. You can't have one without the other, despite what the easily offended say.

Finding something offensive is also pretty subjective and not a right.

Freedom of speech only applies to governments. Private companies have a full right to kick you out / ban you for being an asshole. Arguing for freedom is fine but please do not bring up irrelevant concept.

On the topic : Yes toxic chatters should be banned hard, they degrade the atmosphere of the game
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Freedom of speech only applies to governments. Private companies have a full right to kick you out / ban you for being an asshole. Arguing for freedom is fine but please do not bring up irrelevant concept.

On the topic : Yes toxic chatters should be banned hard, they degrade the atmosphere of the game
    Bullshit.

If you find something offensive but I don't who is right? I should be allowed to say whatever I want, if you find it offensive, fine but I don't have to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Shouldn't you be supporting freedom of speech? Chat should never lead to consequences, you have the ignore feature for a reason.
    No. If someone's being a real cunt, you take a screenshot and report them, then they might get banned, that's how they're dealt with, and should be dealt with. Toxic/flaming people could easily be restricted from using the chat if it's not ban-worthy, since they're using the chat to obstruct other people from having a decent time with the game, if they are also using it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    To a pussy, anyone is a toxic player.

Man up.
    To an asshole, nobody's toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Bullshit.

If you find something offensive but I don't who is right? I should be allowed to say whatever I want, if you find it offensive, fine but I don't have to care.
    If I think murder is fine then it should be tolerated right?
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.

Deleted
    you want to murder their accounts for something they wrote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Committing a criminal offence and saying something "offensive" are not related because one is subjective.

Blizzard would be better spending their time implementing a system that rewards positive feedback, instead of focusing on banning everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of Blizzard implementing a system that would put some sort of restrictions on accounts that are found to be posting toxic shit either on their official forums or in the game itself?

What I mean by this is not straight up bans from playing the game, but if a person is caught spamming trade, trolling trade, spamming negativity about the game all over the official forums, maybe have posting rights taken on the forums, or if it is in game toxicity then maybe remove access to the AH for a couple days, or restrict the account from entering raid instances for a week, or something similar?

The point is, if players know they can and would have account restrictions as punishment for acting toxic in game and on the official forums, it would reduce the amount of toxicity seen in the game, in the queue system, etc. Obviously the current ban system that blizzard has would continue to be the same (for like botting and racist and other stuff ban worthy), but for just being plain negative and toxic, would account restrictions help curb that?

I'm genuinely curious as to how you guys think on the matter.
    WTF ? They are paying the subscription, they have the same right to enter the game as you.
    If you do not like it too bad, that is called free speech, you cannot just ban people because they are di***.
    If they want to be racist, that is their choice, just mute them, block etc.
    If some do not like the game and do not like the direction the game is heading it is their right to say that.
    Spam/trolling means different things to different kind of people. So people can say repeating a question is a spam, other would say otherwise.
    What you are saying is basically censorship.
    Go to communist china and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    Committing a criminal offence and saying something "offensive" are not related because one is subjective.

Blizzard would be better spending their time implementing a system that rewards positive feedback, instead of focusing on banning everyone.
    Hate speech is considered a crime and can be prosecuted

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    WTF ? They are paying the subscription, they have the same right to enter the game as you.
    If you do not like it too bad, that is called free speech, you cannot just ban people because they are di***.
    If they want to be racist, that is their choice, just mute them, block etc.
    If some do not like the game and do not like the direction the game is heading it is their right to say that.
    Spam/trolling means different things to different kind of people. So people can say repeating a question is a spam, other would say otherwise.
    What you are saying is basically censorship.
    Go to communist china and stay there.
    Yes they can, again freedom of speech only applies to governments and Blizzard has right to censor you for any reason (whether that is appropriate is another issue, but they do have right to)

i have to put up with the dumbass shit some of you people say, you should have to do the same.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate speech is considered a crime and can be prosecuted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    can't decide.

Yes it would help, negativity and trolling is one of the reasons great communities fall apart.

On the other side, freedom of speech motto is strong with the force and we should not mess up with it.
    Blizz can do whatever the fuck they want, freedom of speech dosnt give u an automatic shield against any consequences, blizz can just ban these ppl if they wanted to even.

Also, dont mistake stuff like hatespeech with freedom of speech, ppl are free to say in trade "i like that Hillary/Trump guy", but saying stuff like "kill all niggers" is not covered by freedom of speech and u should be punished if u spam that shit.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yes they can, again freedom of speech only applies to governments and Blizzard has right to censor you for any reason (whether that is appropriate is another issue, but they do have right to)
    WTF ? This is most idiotic thing i heard in years, for years in the west we have censorship.
    So you basically are saying that goverment laws are overwritten by company laws, that would mean, it is state within state, in many countries it is illegal as i recall.