Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    You don't grasp how human rights, relates to your "It's another country, why should we give a f'ck"?
    That's been our position for ignoring human rights violations before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    You posted this

To my

What data? How is any data relevant to my comment?
    Are you following the conversation at all?

Like, do you understand, that there are actual human beings, being exposed to this shit?

It's not just a website with some fan fic of some dude who wrote about Mexico. You do grasp this, right?

It's real, it's reality - There is actual cases, of Data (clearly), to how many are estimated to be tortured, killed, assaulted etc.

So, again, DO YOU GRASP, Human Rights? Do you know what it is?

Are you following the conversation at all?

Like, do you understand, that there are actual human beings, being exposed to this shit?

It's not just a website with some fan fic of some dude who wrote about Mexico. You do grasp this, right?

It's real, it's reality - There is actual cases, of Data (clearly), to how many are estimated to be tortured, killed, assaulted etc.

So, again, DO YOU GRASP, Human Rights? Do you know what it is?
    I don't see how data is relevant to my comment

10+ Year Old Account
    Either prospect is freaking scary ; A man smart enough to have fooled the general populace of the USA, or a giant doofus, who indeed, intends to build a wall against Mexico.

I mean, it's basically unreal, but you know, Make America great again and all that jazz..? :P
    Pretty sure the government won't let him actually build a wall. The problem is... If people are actually willing to vote for a guy whose program consists of things like this, then what does it make them?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's been our position for ignoring human rights violations before.
    It's an easy to reach excuse, i suppose. Sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how data is relevant to my comment
    You don't grasp the relevance of Human rights, is what you are saying?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Pretty sure the government won't let him actually build a wall. The problem is... If people are actually willing to vote for a guy whose program consists of things like this, then what does it make them?
    "Some men just want to watch the world burn." :P

You don't grasp the relevance of Human rights, is what you are saying?
    There is nothing in humans rights that makes it an obligation to care about people who are not close to you
    Do you care if someone in your country that you don't know is murdered or is it just a headline in the news to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How could the government stop him? If elected, he IS the government. He can also round up all the illegals and deport or jail them by enforcing laws already on the books. At least they won't get raped in jail in America... at least not by the guards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.

Deleted
    There is nothing in humans rights that makes it an obligation to care about people who are not close to you
    Do you care if someone in your country that you don't know is murdered or is it just a headline in the news to you?
    Wether you emotionally care or not, is not the question - This transgresses Human Rights, which is a higher level of Law.

Unless you can say, "I am fine with people murdering each other, cuz i don't care" - Then you would naturally favor Human Rights.

Wether you emotionally care or not, is not the question - This transgresses Human Rights, which is a higher level of Law.
    ? I asked why people should care about it and now you say that is not the question I asked? I think I know better than you what I ask
    I don't care about someone I don't know if I read about it the news, most people don't but somehow you think this is wrong
    No, human rights are no laws

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    How could the government stop him? If elected, he IS the government. He can also round up all the illegals and deport or jail them by enforcing laws already on the books. At least they won't get raped in jail in America... at least not by the guards.
    He is a president, not a king. The Congress will never grant funding for the wall, and his promises to "make Mexico pay for it" are a joke. His idea to ban Muslims' entrance to the US also won't work, and I'm pretty sure it is anti-constitutional, among other things. Not really sure if anything among what he's suggested is going to go through...
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    ? I asked why people should care about it and now you say that is not the question I asked? I think I know better than you what I ask
    I don't care about someone I don't know if I read about it the news, most people don't but somehow you think this is wrong

No, human rights are no laws
    It is against the fundamental rights of being a Human. Thus, yes, i think it logical to consider that wrong.

You can get punished in Court for violating Human Rights, so yes, it is a form of law. They might not be, where you are from, cause evidently you see no error in people beheading each other?

It is against the fundamental rights of being a Human. Thus, yes, i think it logical to consider that wrong.
    Not everyone cares much about human rights, created by people with their own agenda to try to impose on others
    You can get punished in Court for violating Human Rights, so yes, it is a form of law. They might not be, where you are from, cause evidently you see no error in people beheading each other?
    I don't have to believe in human rights to find murder bad, why do you think I would have no problem in beheading?

Deleted
    Not everyone cares much about human rights, created by people with their own agenda to try to impose on others

I don't have to believe in human rights to find murder bad, why do you think I would have no problem in beheading?
    You explicitly say not everyone cares much about human rights, but question why i would have to ask you if you have no problems with beheadings.

Human Rights is the very thing that prevents Countries from doing so at own will.

You explicitly say not everyone cares much about human rights, but question why i would have to ask you if you have no problems with beheadings.

Human Rights is the very thing that prevents Countries from doing so at own will.
    No, it's not human rights that prevents countries from doing that

Deleted
    No, it's not human rights that prevents countries from doing that
    If the Country decides to legalize it (See Philipenes for instance, with Laws that make it legal to shoot Drug Users on sight) - There is nothing preventing that country, from just plain doing murder. Except for Human Rights.

Such as when the Nazis faced Trial for countless violations of Human Rights, amongst other things.

Or did you think that it ONLY was a case of "Mass Killings"?

If the Country decides to legalize it (See Philipenes for instance, with Laws that make it legal to shoot Drug Users on sight) - There is nothing preventing that country, from just plain doing murder. Except for Human Rights.

Such as when the Nazis faced Trial for countless violations of Human Rights, amongst other things.

Or did you think that it ONLY was a case of "Mass Killings"?
    Human rights won't stop anyone, why do you think someone would stop to think
    hey this violates human rights, i better not do this
    And then not do it? How would you take a country to court for violating human rights?
    You are driven by your own interests and values, they are not the same for everyone

Are you saying that the US is essentially obligated to "invade" Mexico to stop these human rights violations? Why isn't South/Central America obligated? Or Europe? Or anyone else?

Literally everything you've said in this thread up to this point?

Most people able to feel empathy see very little difference between "I don't care about this" and "I'm ok with this happening"
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Literally everything you've said in this thread up to this point?

Most people able to feel empathy see very little difference between "I don't care about this" and "I'm ok with this happening"
    Then those people need to learn what not caring about something does not mean someone think it is okay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Are you saying that the US is essentially obligated to "invade" Mexico to stop these human rights violations? Why isn't South/Central America obligated? Or Europe? Or anyone else?
    Invade - no. But building a "wall" that is aimed at preventing people from fleeing the place is, pretty much, violation of human rights.

Then again, if you let anyone from countries with severe human rights violations enter the US just like that, there will be problems. So, in this case, to preserve quality of life, the US government pretty much has to sanction violation of human rights - despite all the treaties signed. Such is world, it is not always fair.