Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kot0005 View Post
    Is it not in American law that shooting a person like that results in an arrest and not a paid leave?
    You can't arrest someone without charges being filed, generally.

---------------

Ain't none of y'all from Baton Rouge. I lived there 7 years. I'm pretty sure I know where that neighborhood is, and I would not blame those cops for being twitchy as fuck.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Whether or not he was pinned is irrelevant. The only part that matters is if he reached for, or reasonably appeared to be reaching for, the weapon.
    Are you delusional? How the fuck is he going for his gun if he is pinned to the ground! The dude is restrained - neither of those cops were in danger, and the use of lethal force is not justified.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Not sure how the "he had a gun!" is supposed to square with people who are big on gun rights, in particular concealed carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Are you delusional? How the fuck is he going for his gun if he is pinned to the ground! The dude is restrained - neither of those cops were in danger, and the use of lethal force is not justified.
    His right arm was not restrained. You can see him flailing it around and reaching for shit. You're another one of those people who're fucking blind as a bat like Tollshot who argued that he was pinned face down. No, no, you're just blind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    i made no distinction between armed and un-armed, I was simple stating that on average 3 people each day die at the hands of a US cop(s).
    And the majority of them were armed. Do you think cops should just take the bullets like champs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    His right arm was not restrained. You can see him flailing it around and reaching for shi
    Two officers literally on top of him and the only way they could restrain his arm was to shoot him?

Never mind the witness who says he wasn't reaching for the gun.

His right arm was free due to his position. His right shoulder was at the edge of a car preventing the second officer from being able to secure his right arm. If you watch the video again you can see his right arm keeps flailing around under the car partially out of sight.
    Last edited by Xandrigity; 2016-07-07 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Two officers literally on top of him and the only way they could restrain his arm was to shoot him?

Never mind the witness who says he wasn't reaching for the gun.
    Yeah, we should trust the judgement of a witness in what has literally one second time frame between them saying "he's got a gun" and firing.

Yeah, we should trust the judgement of a witness in what has literally one second time frame between them saying "he's got a gun" and firing.
    I was referring to the shopkeeper, but sure, if you want to discount witnesses as valid sources then what the cops' say happened should be thrown out too.

Really though, you'd think gun enthusiasts would be more worried about this. The guy possessed a fire arm in the process of being arrested and was killed for it.

Holy shit how you can people STILL defend shit like this!?

Wheter or not he was resisiting is fucking pointless,
    the guy had 2 people SITTING on him, he was lying on the ground!

if at that point the police officers felt they had absolutely no control over the situation, to the point where they felt THE ONLY solution was to
    kill the man they were currently sitting on.
    they're incompetent, and shouldnt be police in the first place.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Holy shit how you can people STILL defend shit like this!?

Wheter or not he was resisiting is fucking pointless,
    the guy had 2 people SITTING on him, he was lying on the ground!

if at that point the police officers felt they had absolutely no control over the situation, to the point where they felt THE ONLY solution was to
    kill the man they were currently sitting on.
    they're incompetent, and shouldnt be police in the first place.
    Yeah, honestly a lot of these arguments come down to the cops' defenders basically arguing they're too incompetent to not kill people.

I was referring to the shopkeeper, but sure, if you want to discount witnesses as valid sources then what the cops' say happened should be thrown out too.

Really though, you'd think gun enthusiasts would be more worried about this. The guy possessed a fire arm in the process of being arrested and was killed for it.
    He has the same fucking view we have. But we can go back and see the evidence. He's wrong with his judgment and he has a bias. They were friends for years.

He also had a fire arm illegally. Unless you think felons can get guns and conceal carry legally.........

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Punishment for being floored by two trained police officers is death by firing squad, dont you guys know this? Duh.
    Your version of a firing squad is weird if you think this is one of them.

You have a guy pinned except his right arm. You know he has a record and people have told you he's been waving a gun around. You see him reaching for his pocket with his unrestrained right arm. What do you do?

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    His right arm was not restrained. You can see him flailing it around and reaching for shit. You're another one of those people who're fucking blind as a bat like Tollshot who argued that he was pinned face down. No, no, you're just blind.
    Just imagine if the cop had not let go to pull his gun! Sheesh.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how on cnn they cut the video before the cop takes the gun out of his pocket after they had killed him. Guess they don't want people knowing it was not in his hand.

And for those saying he was reaching for it, show me that on video. You can't.

Until we see other videos, it's just conjecture.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

He has the same fucking view we have. But we can go back and see the evidence. He's wrong with his judgment and he has a bias. They were friends for years.

He also had a fire arm illegally. Unless you think felons can get guns and conceal carry legally.........
    Literally nothing here actually justifies shooting a man who was on the ground with officers on top of him.

The whole thing was fucked before they even shot him. There's no reason to just attack him like they did.

You have a guy pinned except his right arm. You know he has a record and people have told you he's been waving a gun around. You see him reaching for his pocket with his unrestrained right arm. What do you do?
    As you're 2 against 1, you're currently SITTING on the guy you got restrained, and you're FUCKING COPS, and have months if not years of training and experience handlig shit like this; congratulation, you got a BUNCH of options:

1. You restrain the arm!
    2. You take the gun before he can get it himself.
    3. You knock him out.
    4. You shoot the arm.
    5. You wait till he gets the gun out, knock it out of his hand.
    6. handcuff him

- - - Updated - - -

Literally NOTHING here necessitated the use of lethal force..
    I've no idea what to write here.

Literally nothing here actually justifies shooting a man who was on the ground with officers on top of him.
    Then you're blind. A single hand and one second is enough to shoot the officer.

Thanks for getting this all sorted out guys. I informed the authorities of this thread, and they agree there is no need to have a trial, now that MMO-C posters have broken down all the relevant law.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    As you're 2 against 1, you're currently SITTING on the guy you got restrained, and you're FUCKING COPS, and have months if not years of training and experience handlig shit like this; congratulation, you got a BUNCH of options:

1. You restrain the arm!
    2. You take the gun before he can get it himself.
    3. You knock him out.
    4. You shoot the arm.
    5. You wait till he gets the gun out, knock it out of his hand.
    6. handcuff him

Literally NOTHING here necessitated the use of lethal force..
    1) They were trying... Did you not watch the fucking video? Are you another delusional and blind person? He clearly is fighting to restrain his arm.
    2) with their fifth arm? How do you know where the gun is? Do you know how the procedure is to disarm someone? you make sure they can't go for there gun... Meaning you restrain their arms. Which they were struggling with.
    3) They tried to taser him.
    4) One if five shots ever hit their targets. Even with trained professional shooting. Five shots were fired here and only two hit.
    5) Yeah! That will work! Maybe he can use a magic spell or stop time while there at it. You talk as if this is a fucking cartoon.
    6) THEY COULDN'T RESTRAIN HIS ARMS!

Wow, you people are... So delusional.

Then you're blind. A single hand and one second is enough to shoot the officer.
    You really think these officers were so incompetent that despite two of them being physically on top of him while he was partially restrained face down on the ground that the reasonable way to secure his one arm was to shoot him?