Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    All loot to personal loot, everywhere in the game. No exceptions. Been saying this for awhile.

The fact that uberleet guilds will no longer able to funnel loot to whoever kisses the loot council's behind does not alter my opinion.
    Pretty much how I feel. Personal Loot = 0 loot drama outside of whining that <name of thing> didn't drop for you.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    i dont understand whats the problem with personal loot? you still get a window with all the stuff that dropped, it even looks more fancy than the standard loot window...
    the biggest problem with personal loot is still no defined number of items dropped. there can always be zero at boss death.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Ummmmmm

Use Personal Loot.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the biggest problem with personal loot is still no defined number of items dropped. there can always be zero at boss death.
    And there can always be zero items that drop for you in the other loot settings.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Wasn't that normalized at the beginning of WoD??

Lets say a boss normally drops 4-5 items (mind you, this too isn't a single defined number of items dropped) for a group of 20 players, it then also distributes 4-5 items over the 20 players, assuming they are all eligible. If the pool of eligible players becomes smaller, obviously less items in total will be awarded, but the personal chance of getting an item will remain the same (again, assuming you are eligible).

I could be wrong, but I thought they normalized it like this.

And even if they didn't, and indeed there is no defined number of items dropped, how will you suffer from this? Not being an ass, just genuinely wondering what I am missing here.

There's no such thing as ninja loot. There is personal loot, best/preferred option if you are playing with strangers, and master loot wherein the guy with the keys to the car can do whatever the fuck he wants with the loot that drops no matter what the hell was typed in chat or a listing. If you ain't friends with the guy holding the keys, don't get in the car that he's driving.

I feel half the anger is less someone actually ninjaed something and more someone else got the thing I wanted and I'm angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And there can always be zero items that drop for you in the other loot settings.
    "for you"

with personal loot there is a real possibility that no loot whatsoever can drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    Wasn't that normalized at the beginning of WoD??

Lets say a boss normally drops 4-5 items (mind you, this too isn't a single defined number of items dropped) for a group of 20 players, it then also distributes 4-5 items over the 20 players, assuming they are all eligible. If the pool of eligible players becomes smaller, obviously less items in total will be awarded, but the personal chance of getting an item will remain the same (again, assuming you are eligible).

I could be wrong, but I thought they normalized it like this.

And even if they didn't, and indeed there is no defined number of items dropped, how will you suffer from this? Not being an ass, just genuinely wondering what I am missing here.
    they never fixed it for personal. I have witnessed a no loot drop boss in citadel while set to personal loot.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    What is there to stopping people rolling need on everything? Because that is what happened during MoP LFR. People rolled need and then tried to trade it with other people for pieces that they need.

Sorry if I missed it if you mentioned it.
    That was actually Dragon Soul where that occurred as I still cringe at the whisper spam every time you got a token, then the obligatory stand and wait before Deathwing as people would attempt to mass votekick anyone they thought might be competition on the weapon they wanted. But your point remains the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    To those complaining about length of OP, he's actually getting better: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...to-go%E2%80%A6

The only ninja loot protection you need is common sense, and a guild tag can't hurt. Go to PUGs that are on your server preferably if you have to PUG. I haven't done very much Group Finder for current raid content, and don't plan to - if my current guild and any subsequent guilds don't work out, I'd just go "full casual" and just do LFR. Fuck PUGging and endless LFGuild PST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

The ability to ninja loot is actually a good element in an MMO.

As many have pointed out, there is nothing wrong with the system.
    Its just the people using it.
    Don't know how this isn't obvious if you've played this game before.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Personal loot
    OR
    2. Raid with a guild
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    "for you"

with personal loot there is a real possibility that no loot whatsoever can drop.

- - - Updated - - -

they never fixed it for personal. I have witnessed a no loot drop boss in citadel while set to personal loot.
    Ah, thanks. I did not know.

Question still stands, though: What is the downside to not having a fixed number of items drop from a boss?

If 4 items drop with 20 eligible players, or each player has a 20% chance of getting a usable (!) item, the mean number of items dropped per boss is equal on average

Ofcourse in the PL situation the variance is greater, sometimes you get 3, sometimes 5 and very rarely you get 0, 1 or 7 items dropped for the group from a kill.

As a guild, I might be able to see a problem with this when you are dependent on those exact 4 upgrades for your team to progress this week, and have no tolerance for variance. But this seems a moot point when talking about fighting ninja looting. In pick up groups, or even half-guild groups where loot drama is prevalent, only individual loot chance is important. This is equal a priori in both looting schemes.

Then, when you consider an item not only dropping, but also being either useful or an upgrade, PL blows ML out of the water, depending on how inversely diverse the raid group is.