Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gold stockpiles in Legion

I just came back to the game after a long absence, and was shocked to find everyone sitting on 250k-several Million gold due to Garrisons, the Shipyard and well... those seem like the main two culprits.

What happens when Legion comes out? Is the AH going to have everything at insane prices? Is someone going to get bored and just buy the whole AH out and relist everything just because? What are the only gold sinks left in game? Repairs, flight paths... Transmog, Void Storage, AH cut, Spec change, BMAH.

I'm just concerned Blizz may decide to vendor price things very high in hopes of removing Gold from the economy, all the while people who weren't here to advantage of this Raining gold from the sky period ends up being the real losers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    I just came back to the game after a long absence, and was shocked to find everyone sitting on 250k-several Million gold due to Garrisons, the Shipyard and well... those seem like the main two culprits.

What happens when Legion comes out? Is the AH going to have everything at insane prices? Is someone going to get bored and just buy the whole AH out and relist everything just because? What are the only gold sinks left in game? Repairs, flight paths... Transmog, Void Storage, AH cut, Spec change, BMAH.

I'm just concerned Blizz may decide to vendor price things very high in hopes of removing Gold from the economy, all the while people who weren't here to advantage of this Raining gold from the sky period ends up being the real losers.
    Gold cap (pr. char) is being raised to 10 mil, which means the gold cap is also increased on AH, and BMAH. The prices of some of these items will also increase, so this will help abit.

But it is still a huge issue, but its hard to remove so much gold from the game without damaging people like you who just came back.

Legitimate concerns and some of that will happen, but I doubt that anything you really need will be vendor-priced beyond reason. AH luxuries, on the other hand...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Will there be a steady flow of income in Legion similar to how Treasure Hunter follower perk is currently? My theory for the current problem is that there has been too much gold being created out of thin air (Garrisons and WoW tokens) and nothing to spend it on (not everyone has interest in the Black Market Auction House) which has caused the stockpile. Should Blizzard implement more gold sinks and rewards? But if they do how would they do so without encouraging gold farming? This inflation is a real issue.

Deleted
    Garrisons didn't make it much different for people already trading. I personally saw something like a 20%-30% increase in profits max, and I don't even trade with more than 1 character anymore. It did though make a big difference to people mainly knowing of farming NPCs and quests for getting gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    Will there be a steady flow of income in Legion similar to how Treasure Hunter follower perk is currently? My theory for the current problem is that there has been too much gold being created out of thin air (Garrisons and WoW tokens) and nothing to spend it on (not everyone has interest in the Black Market Auction House) which has caused the stockpile. Should Blizzard implement more gold sinks and rewards? But if they do how would they do so without encouraging gold farming? This inflation is a real issue.
    How is inflation a real issue? We will probably get deflation now. I don't see any major sources of income from Legion that compare to afk'ing/relogging of garrisons; the best alternatives require to at least do quests.

The missions table has gold but I think it's more like a bonus and I doubt it has gold boost items.

Think about it the other way, with a lot of people having gold and being willing to buy overpriced stuff, you can make a ton of gold early on in the expansion by selling stuff instead of buying. That's what you should be doing if you're a returning player with not much gold. Unless your plan is to get into hardcore raiding asap you don't really need to spent a lot of gold early on anyway, so just sell stuff you get while it's still expensive.

Well world quests in legion give upwards of 90 gold. And you can get a piece of equipment for your bodyguard that grants 25 gold for each world quest you complete with them.

There are a boatload of world quests to do each day. Which will add up to a healthy amount of gold being generated through the world quest system.

I don't think blizzard minded how much gold garrisons gave. Only that you got it via clicking a few buttons and then logging off for the day.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Well, nobody actually forced you to not play WoD, right? Look at that as a reward for loyalty - a thing which Blizzard clearly lack, by the way.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the price of some things in WoD already was pretty crazy early on when MoP really hadn't been that much of a "throw gold at you"-expansion. 150-200k for some 665, even on a shitty RP server like mine and crafted items and materials for a price I almost didn't want to pay to gear myself up. In Legion I wouldn't be surprised if pre-raid BiS items sell for 500k-1m, and even more on servers with high end guilds. Transmog pieces as well, glorious legplates and the like already quadrupled in value this expansion, with the wardrobe those will sell for even more.

But the AH cut is still 5% which is probably the biggest gold sink we have, and if gold is being generated at a slower rate than before maybe things will stabilize.

10+ Year Old Account

This is really a non-issue imo. All the basic needs of the community will still be dirt cheap like it has always been. Repairs will increase in price as the ilvl increases, but so too will vendor trash and the value of greens you sell. Riding skill has and will continue to be static. Price of herbs and ores and Legion mats will be expensive at the start of the expansion and will taper off as more floods the AH. You will still be able to make a good amount of gold at the start of Legion on those mats and such.

Don't worry, you will be fine. You just wont be able to afford some of the higher end luxuries like the spider mount and such.

Deleted
    Hey,

i dont know if they will allow it on live, but some world quests rarely reward a relic(==weapon ilvl), and rarely it is BoE(havent seen one being boe for some time, maybe removed), but none theless, there will be some lucky guy around the world, who get the nice Titanforge proc 880+ ilvl, and they can sell it for 1m++ for sure, and a relic will go 2m++ if its 880+ especially if the player is on heavy raiding server with top10 guilds involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakrath View Post
    Hey,

i dont know if they will allow it on live, but some world quests rarely reward a relic(==weapon ilvl), and rarely it is BoE(havent seen one being boe for some time, maybe removed), but none theless, there will be some lucky guy around the world, who get the nice Titanforge proc 880+ ilvl, and they can sell it for 1m++ for sure, and a relic will go 2m++ if its 880+ especially if the player is on heavy raiding server with top10 guilds involved.
    That's like recommending a low-income victim of urban gentrification to play the lottery

I'm pretty sure Blizzard has said before that they don't particularly care too much about actively removing gold from the economy. Honestly, prices for certain things are pretty high, like mythic BoEs, but high end BoE stuff like that has always been expensive. The basics are still affordable for the average player.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I thought the price of some things in WoD already was pretty crazy early on when MoP really hadn't been that much of a "throw gold at you"-expansion. 150-200k for some 665, even on a shitty RP server like mine and crafted items and materials for a price I almost didn't want to pay to gear myself up. In Legion I wouldn't be surprised if pre-raid BiS items sell for 500k-1m, and even more on servers with high end guilds. Transmog pieces as well, glorious legplates and the like already quadrupled in value this expansion, with the wardrobe those will sell for even more.

But the AH cut is still 5% which is probably the biggest gold sink we have, and if gold is being generated at a slower rate than before maybe things will stabilize.
    The AH cut only matters when dealing with absolutely massive single buys. Even in Vanilla, the gold production of a server was quite a bit more then the gold sink of the AH.

BMAH and other gold sinks are the main source of gold sinks for an economy, and it will be even truer come Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    BMAH and other gold sinks are the main source of gold sinks for an economy, and it will be even truer come Legion.
    Pity the fools who play right into Blizz's hands by wasting huge sums on the BMAH.

Deleted
    Legitimate concerns, but it won't be your every day raid materials that get the price hike, it's cosmetic items like the retardedly expensive spider mount that will be getting waved around as gold sinks.

I don't think it's particularly pleasant, anyone who missed legion or bailed early (And I wouldn't blame them) could be all but locked out of some of the cosmetic stuff. Not particularly good game design imo, but that's how it'll roll out.

Probably worth noting that I don't fall into the above catagory, I've sat around getting my facebook mission gold, but I think some of the prices on things in Legion is a horrible fix for their mistakes in WOD.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Pity the fools who play right into Blizz's hands by wasting huge sums on the BMAH.
    You waste something when you don't get something useful, while you could. Nothing from this applies to BMAH, as it has highly sought collector's items and whoever has an abundance of gold literally cannot spend it anywhere else.

Also, how can spending your gold is playing right into Blizzard's hand, i cannot fathom...

With the increase in gold cap, things like BMAH and the 2.5Mil spider mount is going to bleed off a lot of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    why, what else is there to drop gold on?

I'm sitting on about 500k, partly due to Garrisons but largely because everything has become so inflated that I've hardly spent anything outside repairs all expansion.

I see Legion will be similar, with inflated Vendor mounts like the Spider so I'll most likely just keep hoarding gold for nothing in particular. I really put minimal effort into Gold making as it's not something I enjoy, I simply do treasure missions every now and again on my alts. If I start spending it on inflated items I'd go broke rather quickly.

-edit-

One thing which makes me Laugh however... back in Wrath (IIRC) when Soloing old raids become a thing, Blizzard nerfed the gold drops because it was adding too much Gold into the economy.

Today, we have Garrison missions which are adding even more gold into the economy for vastly less time commitment
    Last edited by Dakara; 2016-07-08 at 03:14 AM.