Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by b0928 View Post
    Talent trees are supposed to be about choice. Artifact trees were never supposed to be about choice. Artifact talents fill the "long-term character progression" void that WoW has had and the dev's have promised since Path of Titans was scrapped back in WotLK. It's something for you to do for 2-3 months per spec. That is it's primary purpose.
    Path of the Titans was going to be a Cataclysm system, not WotLK, though I suppose it was technically scrapped during WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You might be thinking of the artifact level that increases each time you spend a point. This indeed increases stamina.
    Maybe. It's been a while XD

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    What's the point of this system if you can eventually just fill up every trait to max effectiveness? 1/1, 3/3 and get every powerful effect.

Doesn't this just give the ILLUSION of choice? Seems like they essentially took the Perk system and shoved it into a talent tree to appease the crowd that wanted trees, only they don't really serve as a means to differentiate our character from others.
    It isn't a talent system of choice... it's a post-max level leveling system. You are supposed to get them all.

Yes, you can get all weapon skills leveled up with enough whacking on mobs ...wait a second, is this vanilla or legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's basically like getting your usual level up talents and perks in an expansion except it is behind a nice, huge grind that goes beyond the leveling process in order to max out your character and be accepted into max level content.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    You won't fill the artifact within the first raid tier. I've been on beta for over a month and I'm not close.

- - - Updated - - -

Well aware, but when you need 2.2mil for the last point alone.. lol it's not going to be quick. Trust.
    You will if you are not terrible. Blizzard has indicated 2-3 months of play to fill the artifact. Expect the next tier in about 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Are there any weekly caps for progression or is this unrestricted grinding?

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Are there any weekly caps for progression or is this unrestricted grinding?
    No hard caps... soft caps include taking X amount of days to obtain "Artifact Knowledge" which increases the AP you gain from the WQ/dungeons by X%.. I am at level 9 and get 850%... it starts out at like 5 days... then slowly gets faster.. but it's hard to say how LIV will actually play out. They are still tuning the speed.

You only get X amount of AP WQs a day... then they take time to respawn, but you can do Heroics til you are blue in the face.

Since the AP grows exponentially each level past 13... it really takes those AP knowledge work orders to make any headway. Still.. there is no hard cap other than time itself.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You will if you are not terrible. Blizzard has indicated 2-3 months of play to fill the artifact. Expect the next tier in about 6 months.
    To be fair their original statement about 2-3 months was before the more drastic overhaul to the artifact power system. So that original "ballpark" may no longer be valid. (the most recent comment i remember was that you'd be able to get to at least 1, possibly 2, of the gold traits depending on spec before raid opens)

I like grinding (Im an old salty), I put on some tunes, have a drink, and get it done. I'm just easily entertained I suppose, I'm actually looking foward to the artifact system.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Everyone notices this most people are fine with it or don't care. People have been talking about it since they were announced.
    I for one welcome the grind. I already like doing dungeons and running around the world killing stuff now I'll get constant progression whereas before it was to no benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    To be fair their original statement about 2-3 months was before the more drastic overhaul to the artifact power system. So that original "ballpark" may no longer be valid. (the most recent comment i remember was that you'd be able to get to at least 1, possibly 2, of the gold traits depending on spec before raid opens)
    You may be able to get all the base traits in 3 months. Depends how AK works on live. The final 20 pt trait is likely something thatll take the entire expansion.

Is it true that you can get EVERY level up to 110 on a character?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artifact talents = Vanilla talents

Illusion of choice.....

anyone who says otherwise was bad at their class *as spec's were cookie cutter and there was only 1 way to properly build a role/spec*

and yes there was some cheesy builds that could work BUT usually in one fight only cause of emchanics

current talent choices fit that role of situation picks on some rows and honestly better real choices overall then vanilla wow ever was.

i played since 04, vanilla was not that great.... (yes it was fun as hell then, but if vanilla wow came out today it would flop)

it was designed as a progression system, not really one for intuitive choice like the talent system

your artifact is a weapon, and weapons get upgraded every tier, it has to have a way of continuing to grow, it's not meant to be something you choosing between, the choice here is only in determining what order you get them in

What's the point of this system if you can eventually just fill up every trait to max effectiveness?
    The point is to give you something to work towards that will take a very long time to complete. A proverbial carrot. On a proverbial stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    It's hard to say really.... because Blizz had jumped all over the place with how long it takes to get Artifact Knowledge... When I first started Beta about 3 weeks ago... it was 4 days a work order... then it jumped down to two.. .then back up to 5, 2, and now 1 per day. I am at AK level 11:

I'm thinking it was more about testing the ramp up than tuning. They want this to take a while.

I was able to get two Golden Dragon traits in about 10 days... the third is taking longer but I am also losing interest in grinding the same daily quests I did leveling up. Plus how they jumped back up to 5 day work orders for AK. I have only 2 more to buy my third GDT... and can get one today... the next will take the better part of a week.

My guess is they want you to get the 2nd GDT by raid open and fill out the traits by first content patch... with the 20/20 bonus points (Paragon points) to be finished before end of expansion.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-07-07 at 11:02 AM.

Choice, individualization... you know, RPG elements.

I thought I was pretty clear about that.
    You're barking up the wrong tree, at the wrong time. The RPG elements you cling to are pretty much long gone from WoW. I'm gonna assume that you know this, so why the thread, why now? Seems pointless.