Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So that would be why despite PTR, why despite beta bugs still make it to live.
    Look at the farce we have had on every launch so far.
    Now imagine that with only a 1 week window.
    It would be far worse.

There are going to be enough fixes coming post-launch.
    This way we get more of them in prior.
    I would be surprised if we see pre-patch before August 2nd, in all sincerity.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read this: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...7th-0000-cest/

It applies @ComputerNerd
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I would be surprised if we see pre-patch before August 2nd, in all sincerity.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read this: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/4...7th-0000-cest/

It applies @ComputerNerd
    Class Halls issues has nothing to do with pre-patch though

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Cata had a different release cycle because they did two different pre-patches, which isn't what's happening this time.
    Actually that's exactly what is happening this time.

That's not even to mention the fact that they have said repeatedly when asked in interviews since Blizzcon that the pre-patch will be about the same length as previous pre-patches. That means about 4 weeks, folks. Don't be surprised/enraged/devastated when next Tuesday comes and goes and they still haven't given the 2 week PvP season warning; August 2 is a lot more likely than July 26.
    They said 6 weeks is a good number, so I imagine the target (as it made the most sense) was 6 weeks. The prepatch is flexible, so it'll push back to August 2 if required but for now July 26th is far more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Class Halls issues has nothing to do with pre-patch though
    That has nothing to do with class halls.. did you read the link? It's for Live Launch testing on the Beta realms lol

Essentially at 1800EST we'll be testing Launch to do exactly what he was talking about. Testing the migration code for characters into the Legion launch profiles.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No. The 5 million number is just accounts created that at some point or another had at least the initial 30 days. It has nothing to do with continued subs and in fact the last numbers released for it put it around 750,000. Not even a million active subs.
    Actually the 750k number was a census where a person looked for active characters on all the realms. So any character that had made any progress in a certain time frame was counted. Some people have multiple characters meaning that it wasn't even 750k active subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Not a single xpac has come with a month sub so far.
    I got a free month with BC (as well as Vanilla).

edit/update:

Looks like I only actually got - between Vanilla and BC - a free month and two free 10-day periods. So I think it was I got a 10 day trial before buying Vanilla, which gave me a free month, then when I bought BC they gave me another 10 days.

Whoops
    Last edited by Count Zero; 2016-07-07 at 08:29 PM.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I got a free month with BC (as well as Vanilla).

edit/update:

Looks like I only actually got - between Vanilla and BC - a free month and two free 10-day periods. So I think it was I got a 10 day trial before buying Vanilla, which gave me a free month, then when I bought BC they gave me another 10 days.

Whoops
    Vanilla came with the free month alright, but I was talking only about expansions

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Vanilla came with the free month alright, but I was talking only about expansions
    Yes, I had thought I got a month with BC, but I had recalled wrong.

the recent patch on the ptr now got everything translated that wasn't, at least in german. 2 weeks ago almost nothing was. i guess thats a good sign

My thoughts on this:

1. Let's not expect anyone at Blizz to follow any of the "rules" some think still apply.

2. Let's not expect Holinka & Co. to bother to tell us anything about the end of PvP season - because they don't care enough about the present state - you've seen it in his Dev Q&A and the blog post responses following it.

3. ZERO chance that pre-patch with the biggest Legion Invasion event "ever" will last less than 4 weeks.

I say July 19 still possible, and the latest date being July 26.
    HORRIFIC VISIONS SOLO - CASUAL GEAR

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3v...fz8ZVIrd4sOgvw

I'm extremely hyped for Legion. I sincerely hope the expansion is one of the best, it has amazing potential.

Why do ppl still believe patch will drop on 19th?

Announcing end of season 2 weeks in advance IS a rule. Way back in TBC (or maybe wrath), there has been a blue post that they will ALWAYS give players 2 weeks notice so that they can plan for last push for titles or what not. I cbf finding that post but I'm sure long time players can remember.

At this point, earliest date patch can drop is 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by raindance View Post

Announcing end of season 2 weeks in advance IS a rule.
    Because they announced the expansion outside of Blizzcon and had a massive invite wave for an alpha.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Because they announced the expansion outside of Blizzcon and had a massive invite wave for an alpha.
    What you mentioned has no impact on in game progress. NOT announcing end of season is.

Sorry as much as I want 19th myself it's not happening.

Announcing end of season 2 weeks in advance IS a rule. Way back in TBC (or maybe wrath), there has been a blue post that they will ALWAYS give players 2 weeks notice so that they can plan for last push for titles or what not. I cbf finding that post but I'm sure long time players can remember.

They've broken a lot of their own rules

10+ Year Old Account

You mean like Warlords (season 2)? You know, the one that only had a one week notice before the season ended? I think it was actually the last season we had? I'm not saying I necessarily think its coming out the 19th either, but to say that it definitely won't happen based on some criteria that they literally broke last season is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    You mean like Warlords (season 2)? You know, the one that only had a one week notice before the season ended? I think it was actually the last season we had? I'm not saying I necessarily think its coming out the 19th either, but to say that it definitely won't happen based on some criteria that they literally broke last season is silly.
    Say what?

Announcement 3rd November
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...soon-11-3-2015

Patch dropped 17th November.

Sigh.

Deleted
    Say what?

Announcement 3rd November
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...soon-11-3-2015

Patch dropped 17th November.

Sigh.
    Season 3 started at 17.11
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...gun-11-17-2015

Season 2 End was 10.11.2015. There was one week without rated PvP.

So only 1 week announcment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zni View Post
    Season 3 started at 17.11
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...gun-11-17-2015

Season 2 End was 10.11.2015. There was one week without rated PvP.

So only 1 week announcment.
    incorrect. So many people go this wrong, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Last PvP season (Warlords season 2) ended with a one-week notice. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...oon-03-11-2015
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/PvP_season

Admittedly, it wasn't very well handled, but it happened - and not older than a few months ago.
    incorrect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah, it didnt. It had 2 weeks notice.
    Last edited by TS26; 2016-07-08 at 05:28 AM.

IIRC, and I definitely might be wrong, the only difference that we had last season from previous seasons is that there was NO week break whereas most of the time a season is released a week after the patch. This particular case, Season 3 started the week OF the patch, meaning

November 3rd - 2 week notice
    November 16 - Season 2 ends
    November 17 - Season 3 begins. (and patch 6.2.3 release)