Quote Originally Posted by Ninjouz View Post
    13sec recharge change confirmed ?
    I hope not. This is a fucking terrible change. Makes Heavy Repercussions useless outside of the damage buff, lowers the skill cap, and nearly guarantees a nerf to our rage generation due to the T19 set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat-tf View Post
    with this 13sec recharge, reaching the haste cap for the 12sec cd on shield block will be even easier.

Yesterday before the patch with 25% haste we could reach that goal, guess we will mainly focus on mastery now after getting this really easy haste cap
    Did I miss something? As far as I can tell, the goal isn't 12 sec cd. We need the cd to equal the duration (and you're not getting 12 seconds of shield block from one cast).

Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    I hope not. This is a fucking terrible change. Makes Heavy Repercussions useless outside of the damage buff, lowers the skill cap, and nearly guarantees a nerf to our rage generation due to the T19 set bonuses.
    I wouldn't say it's a terrible change, more like, "Not really needed but welcome anyways." This'll definitely shake things up a bit stat-wise, but it's a buff, plain and simple.

Heavy Repurcussions is still going to be the best talent for 100, IMO (at least for most situations). I don't think it's as bad as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I wouldn't say it's a terrible change, more like, "Not really needed but welcome anyways." This'll definitely shake things up a bit stat-wise, but it's a buff, plain and simple.

Heavy Repurcussions is still going to be the best talent for 100, IMO (at least for most situations). I don't think it's as bad as you think.
    It won't change stat priorities, though. It's still going to be Haste and Mastery on top. If this change goes through, it will be really easy to hit 100% uptime on Shield Block, and if it's easy to do that, SB might as well just be passive. HR extending the uptime on something with 100% uptime is useless. It won't save us any rage now that IP eats all our available rage unless we've pooled more than 50 with Vengeance: IP up or 60 without (though those numbers are based on Vengeance being broken).

This would force everyone into Anger Management for the defensive benefit. AM is quite strong. It's fairly easy to get Shield Wall from a 4 min CD to a 2.5 min CD and Last Stand from a 3 min CD to a 1.5 min CD consistently. But HR is a lot more fun than AM.
    Last edited by Beardyface; 2016-07-06 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaexaender View Post
    Did I miss something? As far as I can tell, the goal isn't 12 sec cd. We need the cd to equal the duration (and you're not getting 12 seconds of shield block from one cast).
    well we have 2 charges that last 6sec each ( without HR ) with a 12sec cd, so you can get a theorical 100% uptime with a 12cd on SB.

I don't like it either. Playing well means using available resources intelligently. It's fun to weave things like Demo Shout between Shield Blocks, and choose opportunities to let it refresh. Going back to the early days of hitting Shield Block on cooldown sounds boring, and any gain in power is often matched by a loss of power somewhere else. I don't want to get reduced baseline survivability next patch because always-on Shield Block ends up being too good.

Deleted
    yep still dont know why they changed this cooldown on SB, it wasnt really needed and the haste cap was kinda ok.

It only appears in the wowhead article not on mmo news tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat-tf View Post
    well we have 2 charges that last 6sec each ( without HR ) with a 12sec cd, so you can get a theorical 100% uptime with a 12cd on SB.
    Your numbers are off. Charges recharge one at a time, so if you have a 12 second cooldown, you'll have 18 seconds of SB uptime, then have to wait 6 seconds for your next charge. And after that you've got 50% uptime.

1st 6 sec: SB up, 1 charge remaining
    2nd 6 sec: SB up, 0 charges remaining
    3rd 6 sec: SB up, 0 charges remaining
    4th 6 sec: SB down
    5th 6 sec: SB up, 0 charges remaining
    6th 6 sec: SB down

etc.

How's the solo play? Old raids/out grinding etc.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure you were all about it already, but I just saw the buffs to prot. I would like to express my delight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjouz View Post
    13sec recharge change confirmed ?
    Confirmed. Blarf.

Can also confirm that Vengeance is fixed and works like you would expect. 10 Rage V:IP absorbs the same amount as a 20 rage non V:IP, and a 30 Rage V: IP absorbs the same amount as a 60 rage non V:IP. With V:IP up, IP won't consume more than 30 rage.

That combined with being able to become unhittable with very low haste is going to result in us always taking Ultimatum/Vengeance/Heavy Repercussions. Since Never Surrender, Bounding Stride and Shockwave are nearly "always picks," our only choice is going to be in Tier 15.

That's really sad. Nice job , blizzard. As usual, you get close and then fuck it all to hell.

The silver lining is that the talents they just locked us into are fun, so there's that, I guess.
    Last edited by Beardyface; 2016-07-07 at 03:33 AM.

Something funny going on with Into The Fray. Just did a few dungeons, and I wasn't receiving the buff at all a good percentage of the time, and at other times it varied between additive haste (as expected) and multiplicative on haste rating.. I'm not sure what the hell to make of it. Can anyone else test it out? Maybe my character is just bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixAU View Post
    Something funny going on with Into The Fray. Just did a few dungeons, and I wasn't receiving the buff at all a good percentage of the time, and at other times it varied between additive haste (as expected) and multiplicative on haste rating.. I'm not sure what the hell to make of it. Can anyone else test it out? Maybe my character is just bugged.
    Slootbag was saying the same thing on his stream..

Quote Originally Posted by Noss View Post
    Slootbag was saying the same thing on his stream..
    Well that's just smashing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    How's the solo play? Old raids/out grinding etc.
    ye go on beta and test old content... That makes much sense lol
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    ye go on beta and test old content... That makes much sense lol
    Why not? I bet alot of people has tried it. And I was also asking for grinding and just solo in general.

Deleted
    Confirmed. Blarf.

Can also confirm that Vengeance is fixed and works like you would expect. 10 Rage V:IP absorbs the same amount as a 20 rage non V:IP, and a 30 Rage V: IP absorbs the same amount as a 60 rage non V:IP. With V:IP up, IP won't consume more than 30 rage.

That combined with being able to become unhittable with very low haste is going to result in us always taking Ultimatum/Vengeance/Heavy Repercussions. Since Never Surrender, Bounding Stride and Shockwave are nearly "always picks," our only choice is going to be in Tier 15.

That's really sad. Nice job , blizzard. As usual, you get close and then fuck it all to hell.

The silver lining is that the talents they just locked us into are fun, so there's that, I guess.
    Man, you guys are never happy... we eventually got some nice buffs and all you have to say is "yeah, fuck that, 'cause talent choice will be too simple now.." really? : )

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Man, you guys are never happy... we eventually got some nice buffs and all you have to say is "yeah, fuck that, 'cause talent choice will be too simple now.." really? : )
    That's because a lot of people don't want the gameplay to be fucking mindless. They want to have interesting talent choices and gameplay that rewards smart decisions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    That's because a lot of people don't want the gameplay to be fucking mindless. They want to have interesting talent choices and gameplay that rewards smart decisions.
    Well, I find being able to become unhittable in an active manner quite awesome (because, it's no longer just getting to some stat cap as it was the case back in CT). You'll now have to remain active to gather the Rage and can't just macro Shield Block as that would result in a big resource waste while off tanking or not taking melee damage.

In short, SB management will be diminished slightly compared to live, but IP's will increase immensely compared to SBar. At the very least, gameplay difficulty will remain pretty similar, and will most likely increase. Face it, managing the current version of IP is much more engaging than the live version of Shield Block.

Also, this gameplay discussion can become very pointless as a lot of it is too biased by personal preferences.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing we still need improvement on right now is the RFDT model, that's it.
    It's still negatively dependent on ilvl and such, and that remains stupid.
    Last edited by mmocd210ee9388; 2016-07-07 at 02:26 PM.

At least we won't have to be the guy asking for the talent swap tomes all the time or even carry them around. Other people may have interesting talent choices, but we have more bag space!