Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There are people with horrible connections thanks to a tight budget. I can say from personal experience that this patch would've taken me multiple days to complete on my old connection, at least.

Since it's not harming anyone, why not? Some people like to be prepared and choose when to download something. I don't get why anyone would ever have issue with this.

To get the download out of the way now. For some people it takes a very long time to download that much data. Others have data caps and this way they don't throttle their own internet with one huge download. You are right though they should wait until the game is live and just make everybody try and download it at once instead of spreading it out over a week or two.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockers View Post
    Just looking at the bigger picture here. Weighing up that Legion is out in like 7 weeks, the prepatch will be available soon enough. So in that time, unless you really need that hard drive space, which in this day and age, hard drive space shouldn't be an issue for anyone, unless you're playing on a laptop, in which case, tough shit as you would no doubt have to install legion soon or later anyway.

So in summary, DOES IT REALLY FUCKING MATTER?
    I have wow on 128 GB SSD, so yeah, if i had wow on hdd it would matter since i have 2 hdd 2TB each.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    but now i see this as waste of storage.
    Well this is a waste of a thread so I guess cosmic balance is reached.
    Just disable the automatic update. What a solution to your world shattering issue.

Can't you just not click the predownload button if preloading patch data gets you all butthurt? I have a big blue button with an arrow on it in my launcher that I have to click to actually preload anything.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    you really wanna go back to MILLIONS of people downloading the same patch all at once? You are either very very young, very selfish or very dumb.
    I do not see the point, from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Takes me about 2.5 minutes, but even I can see the advantages of having it in advance.
    8 gig a minute download speed is amazing! No way that is a nonsense number.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    This thread has restored my faith in the Internet. I was wavering my savior. Please forgive me.
    I will be sending you the link to my patreon shortly :P

the patch is 20 gigs man, for people who don't have the best internet that could mean a VERY long download.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    You know, right now it only takes me 2 hours to download the patch but not too long ago it took 10 and that's not even as slow as it can be.
    That means for some people patchday would be two days later even if they let it run all night long.
    That is why i used to download it from third party websites. It took 3 or 4 less time then from official blizz tool, of course it was butchered implemented the new launcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    So,
    I cannot upgrade my standard wow game to 7.0.3, so it is basically additional hard drive space wasted, since when patch 7.0.3 will hit live servers it will take blizz couple of hours to implement it. It is more then enough time to download it. So i really do not get the point to pre download it.
    Another useless things they add.
    Cheers,
    It inconveniences me therefore it's bad.

You see what's wrong with your logic, OP? I find it useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Project 501D13R View Post
    the patch is 20 gigs man, for people who don't have the best internet that could mean a VERY long download.
    OP has no concept that other people can have slow internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    There are people with horrible connections thanks to a tight budget. I can say from personal experience that this patch would've taken me multiple days to complete on my old connection, at least.

Since it's not harming anyone, why not? Some people like to be prepared and choose when to download something. I don't get why anyone would ever have issue with this.
    I am paying less for the 100 mb i have now or less, then i was paying for the 6 mb over 10 years ago. So do not give me the excuse that it cost much, because it doesn't. I spent more weekly on food then montly on internet speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Because some people live in places where it doesn't take only a couple of hours to download 20gb.

Typical selfish complainer.
    Took all of 10 minutes for me.

OT: Complaining about this is just silly.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there is any inconvenience about this, you can change your settings to never download without your permission. Battlenet > Settings > Game Install/Update > Never automatically apply updates

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well this is a waste of a thread so I guess cosmic balance is reached.
    Just disable the automatic update. What a solution to your world shattering issue.
    It was disabled but then out of nowwhere it started to download, i had to enter wow manually exit and launch the launcher once again, and it finally stopped downloading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Took all of 10 minutes for me.

OT: Complaining about this is just silly.
    I am bringing this stuff up, because i do not see the point of it.

If you think it's useless, you really don't know much about how things work for a looooot people on the internet. Just because it's useless to YOU doesn't mean it's useless. This is actually a really, really, REALLY nice thing for people with slow connections and/or monthly download limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooh View Post
    If there is any inconvenience about this, you can change your settings to never download without your permission. Battlenet > Settings > Game Install/Update > Never automatically apply updates
    It was disabled but then out of nowwhere it started to download, i had to enter wow manually exit and launch the launcher once again, and it finally stopped downloading. I do not know if blizz wanted to show me the middle finger or just playing with me :P

Deleted
    wow. so hard. such a hard life you have. disabling options and clicking things. you should write a book about it.

I am paying less for the 100 mb i have now or less, then i was paying for the 6 mb over 10 years ago. So do not give me the excuse that it cost much, because it doesn't. I spent more weekly on food then montly on internet speed.
    The same connections are not available to everyone everywhere. It's not even just about cost, for some people they just simply have no other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    So,
    I cannot upgrade my standard wow game to 7.0.3, so it is basically additional hard drive space wasted, since when patch 7.0.3 will hit live servers it will take blizz couple of hours to implement it. It is more then enough time to download it. So i really do not get the point to pre download it.
    Cheers,
    Saves time?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.