Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NFA View Post
    "Job"

entertainment is a vast and diverse career

just because you dont like it doesnt mean we have to be mr snob

dude gets to make a living playing wow, more power to him

Deleted
    I dont get how blizzard does anything with people like Towellie. I mean this clown isnt even good at the g ame

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NFA View Post
    "Job"
    Look, you can mock his job all you like. He makes more money than you, doing what he enjoys. So really, cut the moronic attitude.

The contest is fucking retarded and its ironic that old mate Celestalon decided to lay some blame at Streamers for spreading uninformed information, but hey, EVERYONE WATCH THE STREAMERS!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    Fuck that, I'm not going to be clowning my ass off to be at the mercy of some autist with their biased winner selection. Really, too bad. I just wanted to test the DH, see how classes do at level 110 with the artifacts so I can be prepared, but well oh well.

And please, inb4 some spastic comes and tells me to try the PTR. You can't even go past 100 there, let alone get an artifact which heavily dictates how you play your class, fuck off.
    The salt is strong with this one.

Really, get off your high horse. You and people like you who complain at a fun contest that Blizzard sponsored need to get a reality check and accept the fact that its just a ***GASP*** Contest! Either you participate or you dont. Simple as that. They are also releasing beta access through the normal account flagging, but they also give keys out in other ways.

Get a life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fck View Post
    I dont get how blizzard does anything with people like Towellie. I mean this clown isnt even good at the g ame
    Don't you dare talk shit about Towelliee. He has been a great community figure for many years and I hope he continues to provide great entertaining content for years to come.

Get over yourself. All you spew is jealousy and hate, and just see the contest for what it is... a ***GASP*** Contest!

Deleted
    No Towellie is just a monkey good for nothing. I dont get how he gets even 1 viewer. Literally no point in watching this clown.

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post
    stupid twitter..why does everything have to be centered around twitter and facebook. No thanks. I canceled twitter recently after another data breach.
    Because more people use those platforms than Bnet/WoW forums.. Why wouldn't you try to reach as big of an audience as you possibly could??

10+ Year Old Account
    Never used twitter and never will, not that i want a key (already got one) but i wish blizzard would stop using these fake celebrities to promote shit, why they cant pick normal everyday people is beyond me.

P.S never used or watched Twitch either so no idea who these fake celebrities are...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The salt is strong with this one.

Really, get off your high horse. You and people like you who complain at a fun contest that Blizzard sponsored need to get a reality check and accept the fact that its just a ***GASP*** Contest! Either you participate or you dont. Simple as that. They are also releasing beta access through the normal account flagging, but they also give keys out in other ways.

Get a life.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you dare talk shit about Towelliee. He has been a great community figure for many years and I hope he continues to provide great entertaining content for years to come.

Get over yourself. All you spew is jealousy and hate, and just see the contest for what it is... a ***GASP*** Contest!
    this thread is pure gold - out of all people jaylock bashing other peopel for making stupid threads & posts - i guess we have seen all now -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-07 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    About the whole streaming even giveaway thing, I honestly think the player base deserved to be bashed. WoW has the most toxic community I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with. I love WoW, but the majority of people playing are not the type of people you want to interact with. That's evident from the bile left on the comments section of the announcement. However I do think Toweliee was definitely out of line with his insults to the player base, basically to anyone not already one of his followers. I was listening to his rant, and essentially it was "if you don't already follow me, I don't want you watching my stream, and you don't deserve me". Such ego.

I'm not a fan of streamers by any means. I don't watch streams, they're just not my thing. Do I wish that Blizzard had chosen a different type of contest? Yes. But on the other hand, I don't hold anything against them doing this contest. They didn't have to do it at all. And there's nothing wrong with the idea of this contest in my opinion. It was the execution that completely ballsed it up. I'm only just reading about what happened in Wowhead's comment section now, because I took all my screenshots, tweeted them all at the same time, and that was that. But to allow the streamers to just do whatever they wanted is a complete joke. Blizzard SHOULD have put strict rules in place and heavily moderated it. Each streamer had an allotted time slot, so why has one been permitted to forgo that time slot and choose when to do it himself, despite the fact that it's Blizzard that organised the separate times?

I'd hope that Blizzard doesn't do this sort of thing this way again anytime soon (although they have a track record of recognising something doesn't work and then doing it again anyway). Or at least if they do do it, they enforce very strict rules, or just forget the streamers and do it themselves.

On another note, during Towelliee's stream, he gave his thoughts on various comments, with one being along the lines of "streamers are just ordinary players, except they record their gameplay". And his reply to that comment was "that's not just it, we do a lot more than just record". Seriously, what else do they do? The quote is literally streamers in a nutshell. What do streamers do other than just record gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Look, you can mock his job all you like. He makes more money than you, doing what he enjoys. So really, cut the moronic attitude.
    Nice implications, but no. I doubt he makes more money than me and I also happen to like my job. My job also doesn't rely on begging for donations to keep me afloat and actually gives useful work experience. Whereas a professional streamer is no more than just someone who plays video games. What's gonna happen when the donations stop coming in? Enjoy flippin burgers for a living

Quote Originally Posted by fck View Post
    People seem to have this notion that you have to be GOOD at something to be known or successful on Twitch. No offense but being amazing a game does not equal you will have a community backing and thousands watching you. This is the same disconnect in thought process of streaming I'm always talking about. I mean is it just damn luck that streamers like myself have avg'd 2-4k viewers 100 million views over last 5 years? Playing the lotto tonight boys. Majority of people here have no idea what streaming is about. Besides of course being beggers, sluts, money grubbing, hungry, blah blah stuff <insertusualignorantcommenthere>
    Last edited by towelliee; 2016-07-07 at 08:52 PM.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Majority of people here have no idea what streaming is about. Besides of course being beggers, sluts, money grubbing, hungry, blah blah stuff <insertusualignorantcommenthere>
    explain it then.

Never understanded why ppl watching streamers anyway, play the game yourself guys!
    barely used twitch 3 times.... for blizzcon and once for diablo III player. Was good for 2 mins.
    Last edited by Syphke; 2016-07-07 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphke View Post
    explain it then.

Never understanded why ppl watching streamers anyway, play the game yourself guys!
    barely used twitch 3 times.... for blizzcon and once for diablo III player. Was good for 2 mins.
    Come to a Saturday stream some time and I can explain. Don't have time for essay. Stream time =)

Why do people watch sports on TV instead of playing themselves?

I mean is it just damn luck that streamers like myself have avg'd 2-4k viewers 100 million views over last 5 years?
    technically yes it is a dumb luck that you and few others have been chosen by blizzard/activision to promote their shit - if it wasnt for legion beta give aways and hardware you give away how many viewers would you have ?

i want to be understand corrckly - yes you are doin very good job as pure entertainer of certain kind of audience that enjoys stream made mainly out of vaping/burping/speaking about stupid shit instead of doin what a beta tester should be doin and its ok - you choose the role of "clown" and people like it - more power to you and i wish you best - but dont pretend like you dont owe this mainly to X,Y,Z companies that decided to use you as marketing "tool" .
    without marketing depertment decisions of those comapnies that decided to promote you and you alike your audience would be much lower and you know it.

yes you have 4k viewers but we all know why - because of "i give beta invites away " - without it your stream doesnt hold much value as beta tester and you knwo it while openly admiting that you are not good at the game itself.

Majority of people here have no idea what streaming is about.
    oh but they do - there are valuable streamers who do geniuine beta testing liek finalboss etc , people like preach who doesnt stream much but do a ton of youtube content filled with valuable information , people who make geniuine interesting content - and then there are people like you and swifty - who make low quality product wrapped in golden paper of marketing and targeted towards specific audience - and its ok but saying its somethign more is nothing but hipocrisy .

and i say it from position of someone workign in fashion world where 99 % of my work is selling low quality shit with a label which magically makes it look as very valuable object - but if people who buy those product knew from whats its made and in which conditions they would never buy it especially if they knew how little company spends on production and how expensive they sell it for - but hey its the marketing department magic done correckly all you need if to hire some stupid celebrity to promote it and convince people that they desire exackly this shit wrpped in golden paper
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-07-08 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    technically yes it is a dumb luck that you and few others have been chosen by blizzard/activision to promote their shit - if it wasnt for legion beta give aways and hardware you give away how many viewers would you have ?

i want to be understand corrckly - yes you are doin very good job as pure entertainer of certain kind of audience that enjoys stream made mainly out of vaping/burping/speaking about stupid shit instead of doin what a beta tester should be doin and its ok - you choose the role of "clown" and people like it - more power to you and i wish you best - but dont pretend like you dont owe this mainly to X,Y,Z companies that decided to use you as marketing "tool" .
    without marketing depertment decisions of those comapnies that decided to promote you and you alike your audience would be much lower and you know it.

yes you have 4k viewers but we all know why - because of "i give beta invites away " - without it your stream doesnt hold much value as beta tester and you knwo it while openly admiting that you are not good at the game itself.

oh but they do - there are valuable streamers who do geniuine beta testing liek finalboss etc , people like preach who doesnt stream much but do a ton of youtube content filled with valuable information , people who make geniuine interesting content - and then there are people like you and swifty - who make low quality product wrapped in golden paper of marketing and targeted towards specific audience - and its ok but saying its somethign more is nothing but hipocrisy .

and i say it from position of someone workign in fashion world where 99 % of my work is selling low quality shit with a label which magically makes it look as very valuable object - but if people who buy those product knew from whats its made and in which conditions they would never buy it especially if they knew how little company spends on production and how expensive they sell it for - but hey its the marketing department magic done correckly all you need if to hire some stupid celebrity to promote it and convince people that they desire exackly this shit wrpped in golden paper
    Sorry but if you want the numbers I can easily give them to you. YES of course Beta brings in more viewers. Even more that I am most consistent streamer in my time slot. Before August 2015 I was still averaging 2.3k Views and now I avg 3.5-4.5. That is big in my eyes not others. I have dedicated 5 years of my time playing WoW and supporting Blizzard on Justin/Twitch since 2010. Where is the hypocrisy there? I don't mind being used as a marketing tool. I support everything I am sponsored by and if that brings more people into my stream to enjoy a good time so be it. Streaming is not luck when you started at 25 viewers and worked in this industry for 5+ years building your brand and networking you ass off to get noticed. You work in fashion? guess you must know? What I do is no different then Preach, FinalBoss and other YouTubers. They produce edited and drafted content. I do mine live without any preparation. (unless it is a paid gig obviously). I give genuine reactions. If I fuck up and look stupid you see it live. if a YT fucks up and looks stupid they can just edit it out and make it look good. There's differences. Do I owe Blizzard my success? Damn right I do. Do I play a huge part in building my own brand through their game? Damn right I do.

Good day =)

Still not exactly clear on what the actual value added would be. As I said, mod developers produce mods that are useful or they fade away. Guide producers produce guides that are helpful, or the fade away. Even when they are helpful, Blizzard virtually prohibits any means of monetizing their efforts to recoup value for time spent. They have chosen to do the exact opposite when it comes to streamers. Yes, there is some entertainment value in game play exhibition in streaming, but what elevates this activity above other fan activities that are not so lavishly rewarded by Blizzard. Honestly, you'd get the kind of bump in viewers you're experiencing if you gave away Beta Keys on Adobe Creative. These aren't new customers that are coming to your stream. These are folks who know the product and will or will not purchase the product regardless of what you have for breakfast on your stream. I didn't see Preacher on the "black carpet" at the debut of Warcraft. I haven't heard of any summit where Tatva & Tovo from LoS Gaming were flown out to Blizzard's campus. In short, there is no valid reason beyond reach to involve the streamers they've involved and to be honest, Blizzard's reach through their own stream far exceeds any audience that streamers can provide without duplicating unique viewers. I don't blame streamers for doing what they do. But you provide a show and ask people to pay monies for that show. You're boosting viewership of the show by holding giveaways and lets be honest, some people will believe paying your subscription will give them a better shot at winning regardless of the truth and regardless of how many times you tell them that this is not the case. My issue is not with streamers. My issue is with Blizzard and how they've chosen to hype their game using a quality assurance tool as currency selectively bestowed on a small group of fans for streaming their game. To you and the other streamers, Blizzard is no different than Razer, Nvidia, or Hyperex. They are a client providing you with product to give away as promotion of that product. The difference for me is that I can go out and buy the video card you're giving away. I can download the curse client. Where exactly do they sell Beta Keys legally?