Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    The police officer was Chinese so don't even try to play the race card on this one.
    TIL Chinese can't be racist.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Because they perceive a grave injustice has been wrought on their community. They are redressing their grievances. The vandalism and destruction are emergent properties of how desperate and how dire their community needs assistance.
    Terrible excuse and it does nothing but hurt their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    does a game equal music? Have you ever exercised, do you listen to music when you do, why or why not? I don't believe music makes you do thing, but I do believe it can inspire and push you further.
    Can't say I have been inspired by music to become a criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Saying that stuff like this can't/won't affect youngsters is certainly not true.
    I think there is quite the margin between none at all and directly inspiring violent criminal behaviour.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    The officer is crying because he knew he fucked up in that video. He's pissed at himself for making that mistake. And he still has his gun pointed at the dead man.
    Or he was upset he had to shoot a guy?

This case will boil down to if there were any body cams and recordings of what was said by the police. But you do not reach in the area of where a firearm is going to be without taking the chance a police officer will shoot you. The officer said he told the guy to raise his hands, the victims gf said " you asked him for identification," the recordings if any, will tell the truth. If not, then it is the word of the one girl against the testimony of the police officers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Terrible excuse and it does nothing but hurt their cause.
    There is nothing they could do for you to understand and empathize with them, you have driven through Louisville and heard gangster rap too many times.
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Because they perceive a grave injustice has been wrought on their community. They are redressing their grievances. The vandalism and destruction are emergent properties of how desperate and how dire their community needs assistance.
    Again, excuses. You're never going to find the point between both extremes. You're literally incapable of placing any blame on the people who commit these crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Can't say I have been inspired by music to become a criminal.

I think there is quite the margin between none at all and directly inspiring violent criminal behaviour.
    Me either, what's your point? Are you saying no young impressionable person has even been inspired but gangster rap artist? Because it was that very thing that made me hate Ganger rap. I had the CDs when I was a kid I enjoyed the music, I thought it was funny. But I had friends who thought they were gangsters after listening to that, they drive around in their mommy and daddy's car acting like they were gangsters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Again, excuses. You're never going to find the point between both extremes. You're literally incapable of placing any blame on the people who commit these crimes.
    Not excuses, real, falsifiable reasons as to why it is considered a stretch that they even have a "life" to begin with. Malnutrition, no job prospects, high recidivism rates, drug abuse and trade, gang formation, depression, all of which are proven to lower quality of life and mortality. Most don't even have a chance to become an object of your disdain for not engaging in "personal responsibility".
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

You know how many criminals are caught with routine traffic stops? Or how many officers have dies due to a routine traffic stop? You would have to crazy not to think something could go bad.
    7 officers were killed last year in traffic stops by guns.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300197477.html

more police died on duty to heart attacks or illness.

Me either, what's your point? Are you saying no young impressionable person has even been inspired but gangster rap artist? Because it was that very thing that made me hate Ganger rap. I had the CDs when I was a kid I enjoyed the music, I thought it was funny. But I had friends who thought they were gangsters after listening to that, they drive around in their mommy and daddy's car acting like they were gangsters.
    I thought I made it obvious enough how laughable it is to bring up music in that context. About the same level as the outcry over violent games after say Columbine.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-07-07 at 03:35 PM.

Not excuses, real, falsifiable reasons as to why it is considered a stretch that they even have a "life" to begin with. Malnutrition, no job prospects, high recidivism rates, drug abuse and trade, gang formation, depression, all of which are proven to lower quality of life and mortality. Most don't even have a chance to become an object of your disdain for not engaging in "personal responsibility".
    I didn't think it was possible, but I think you've gotten even further away from "they are not responsible at all." You're pretty much saying that society put the gun/rock/matches/spray paint in their hand, and forced them to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    As a concealed weapons carrier, in the state of Wisconsin I'm undr no obligation to inform the officer that I'm armed, unless he asks. (although its considered a "good idea")

that said three things come to mind.

1) concealed means concealed.
    2) I usually hand my permit over with my liscense.
    3) Hes black, he knows "da police be raycisst" he probably should have kept his hands on the wheel and away from his gun.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    As a concealed weapons carrier, in the state of Wisconsin I'm undr no obligation to inform the officer that I'm armed, unless he asks. (although its considered a "good idea")

that said three things come to mind.

1) concealed means concealed.
    2) I usually hand my permit over with my liscense.
    3) Hes black, he knows "da police be raycisst" he probably should have kept his hands on the wheel and away from his gun.
    And just refuse to show the officer his drivers license and registration?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I thought I made it obvious enough how laughable it is to bring up music in that context.
    Nope, you're just ignoring my point because you have no rebuttal.

Nope, you're just ignoring my point because you have no rebuttal.
    Are you saying no young impressionable person has even been inspired but gangster rap artist?
    You mean this masterpiece ?

does a game equal music? Have you ever exercised, do you listen to music when you do, why or why not? I don't believe music makes you do thing, but I do believe it can inspire and push you further.

You ignored that one. believe what you will. When you have a bay, only let them listen to gangster rap, tell them how cool they will be if they get street cred, let them hang around kids who believe that as well, I am sure they will grow up to be find young men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally, people are a product of their environment. We emulate who we look up to. Want to be a successful business person, then your idols will likely be successful business persons. Want to be a rock start, good chance your idols are also rock stars. Want to be a gangsta, your idols will likely be gangstas.

One thing I learned from my time studying religion, is be conscious of Good Association vs Bad Association. When I was lost and had no direction in life, I took a look around me, and saw that I was only as good as the company I kept. I left them all behind me, and moved forward. Now I am surrounded by people with goals and aspirations, which has lead me to moving forward with my life.

You can believe it or not, that is absolutely your choice, but I have seen it in motion, and it is true as far as I believe.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    You do know that more whites are killed by police than blacks, right?

- - - Updated - - -

There is a point between "they are completely responsible" and "they are not responsible at all" but I doubt you'll ever find it.
    You do know that there are 5 times more white people than black people in the US, right? There are 5 times as many whites as blacks but black people are more than 3 times more likely to be killed by a police officer.
    Beta Club Brosquad

You ignored that one. believe what you will. When you have a bay, only let them listen to gangster rap, tell them how cool they will be if they get street cred, let them hang around kids who believe that as well, I am sure they will grow up to be find young men.
    Music and culture can influence each other to some degree, but music is much more influenced by culture than the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    You do know that there are 5 times more white people than black people in the US, right? There are 5 times as many whites as blacks but black people are more than 3 times more likely to be killed by a police officer.
    I can't imagine why. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact they commit more crime therefore they encounter the police more.