Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I would think given your low opinion of government that you wouldn't care if yet another corrupt individual was negligent.
    A symptom of a larger problem.

Another reason not to trust our "leadership".

Even if she sent those emails on accident, it shows a gross negligence and incompetence at a staggering level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    A symptom of a larger problem.

Another reason not to trust our "leadership".

Even if she sent those emails on accident, it shows a gross negligence and incompetence at a staggering level.
    Or that humans gonna human and expecting perfection of anyone is as ridiculous as believing the US is a democracy.

Or that humans gonna human and expecting perfection of anyone is as ridiculous as believing the US is a democracy.
    Yeah, how unreasonable to expect our Secretary of state not distribute secret and top secret information by email through stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, how unreasonable to expect our Secretary of state not distribute secret and top secret information by email through stupidity.
    Again, 'top secret' could be something like travel plans for someone in her position. The fact the FBI ended this affair with what amounts to a hissy fit demonstrates it wasn't particularly serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It won't go anywhere.

President is the leader of the armed forces of the country, and as such needs to be the best informed.

Clearly you're also an example of why we need a better education system as pointed out in post 2.

They're talking about NOW when she is NOT president.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, 'top secret' could be something like travel plans for someone in her position. The fact the FBI ended this affair with what amounts to a hissy fit demonstrates it wasn't particularly serious.
    Again, since you apprently didnt watch Crooked Comey's press conference or read his statement:

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information
    https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/pr...-e-mail-system

No, travel plans are just Classified. And as they stated, she broke the law regarding the handling of Top Secret materials but PRECEDENT is why they aren't recommending charges.

AKA the establishment would protect her so no point in going forward.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Like Ted Dibiase used to always say, "Everybody got a price" You offer Crooked Comey enough and he caves, especially since his entire speech up until the last sentence was damning Hillary and was a laundry list of infractions
    You believe Hillary bribed the ENTIRE FBI!? You know the one guy just can't decide to change things in the dept, right?

And prove it that he was bribed you hyppocrite! And don't think im not noticing you slither away ftom showcasing your previous hypocracy about 9/11, Bush and responsibility!

- - - Updated - - -

All the emails are up on wikkileaks... He knows this but hopes we forget as there's jack shit up there...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It won't go anywhere.

President is the leader of the armed forces of the country, and as such needs to be the best informed.
    Two words Mr. President. Plausible Deniability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    No, travel plans are just Classified. And as they stated, she broke the law regarding the handling of Top Secret materials but PRECEDENT is why they aren't recommending charges.

AKA the establishment would protect her so no point in going forward.
    Or that 'every prior Secretary of State with access to emails did the same shit'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or that 'every prior Secretary of State with access to emails did the same shit'.
    No previous SoS had a private email server in their hoe with no government access to it. Others occasionally used a commercial service which does still log emails that the government can supponae

It's not the point.

She knew damned well what the rules are, are skirted around them anyway, whether through negligence or incompetence, it's unacceptable from someone in a high position of power.

Not only that, but she lied about it, over and over again. It would be one thing if she was like "oops my bad, I'm old and computer illiterate"

I can deal with that.

Its the fact She lied about it over and over again

10+ Year Old Account
    No previous SoS had a private email server in their hoe with no government access to it. Others occasionally used a commercial service which does still log emails that the government can supponae
    I thought 'private was better' by your metric?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the point.

She knew damned well what the rules are, are skirted around them anyway, whether through negligence or incompetence, it's unacceptable from someone in a high position of power.

Not only that, but she lied about it, over and over again. It would be one thing if she was like "oops my bad, I'm old and computer illiterate"

I can deal with that.

Its the fact She lied about it over and over again
    'Hillary lied, people died'.

Politicians are liars, bub. Best to come to terms with it; you have unreasonable expectations of individuals in power.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Since I only read the first page, it's possible it's been set elsewhere @Orlong but yes, once you reach a certain amount of support as a Presidential nominee you get security clearance in order to receive special debriefings that help you prepare for the task of becoming President.

So, in other words, if you're against Hilary for this simply because she's not President, then all candidates should not have this, including ya boi Trump-dawg.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's neat. I was unaware that Congress assigned security clearances. I was pretty sure it was done by other agencies, such as the CIA and DoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Since I only read the first page, it's possible it's been set elsewhere @Orlong but yes, once you reach a certain amount of support as a Presidential nominee you get security clearance in order to receive special debriefings that help you prepare for the task of becoming President.

So, in other words, if you're against Hilary for this simply because she's not President, then all candidates should not have this, including ya boi Trump-dawg.
    Ive mentioned several times in this thread that Trump should not recieve them either. I said they shouldnt receive them until they win the elction, and then they have from Nov 8 till Jan 21 to be filled in
    Last edited by Orlong; 2016-07-07 at 05:18 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Ive mentioned several times in this thread that Trump should not recieve them either
    Awesome~! Just wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    What is it with you people not understanding the definition of a word? Guilty literally means a person is responsible for an act. If I said she was responsible for mishandling classified material there wouldn't be an issue. The word Guilt is usable in situations other than in a court room.

During the FBI investigation they found she knowingly mishandled classified information. She is culpable of handling classified information, sheis at blame for how she handled classified information, she is at fault in the manner in which she handled classified information, she was found in the wrong, she is blameworthy, she is responsible, she erred.... Shall I continue? Or would you all just like to admit that you don't completely grasp that guilt isn't exclusive to the context of the Justice System.

I find you guilty of being misinformed.

See no trial, no jury or judge. You are guilty.

Hell you can be guilty and not be at blame for something. You can feel guilty because a little googling would have saved this whole issue from coming up.
    It doesn't matter how you define guilty, the fbi doesn't determine guilt. The FBI finds evidence and decides to pursue endictment or not. Then you have your day in court where more evidence can be found that finds the FBI was wrong. You are innocent until found guilty by a trial of your peers. The problem with people like you is that you twist facts, reality and evidence until it supports your personal viewpoint and if it can't be twisted you claim it is a liberal conspiracy because facts don't sit well with you.

The FBI does not find you guilty. The FBI finds evidence and in this case there wasn't enough to go after an indictment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Two words Mr. President. Plausible Deniability.
    Since when did we start using movie quotes about aliens invading earth and nuking landmarks to be facts to fuel our arguments about real life situations?

I thought 'private was better' by your metric?

- - - Updated - - -

'Hillary lied, people died'.

Politicians are liars, bub. Best to come to terms with it; you have unreasonable expectations of individuals in power.
    Guess I'm a idealist. I expect or elected leadership to have integrity.

Shit like this is EXACTLY why I believe in limiting the power of our federal govt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's neat. I was unaware that Congress assigned security clearances. I was pretty sure it was done by other agencies, such as the CIA and DoD.
    State dept would I imagine

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess I'm a idealist. I expect or elected leadership to have integrity.

Shit like this is EXACTLY why I believe in limiting the power of our federal govt.
    And putting it back onto the local level where individuals are significantly -more- corrupt and have more sway per capita than at the federal level?

Does it not strike you as odd that I support centralised government despite viewing humans as unreliable actors? It's because the way to overcome corruption and individual failings is through the implementation of systems that filter it out; this is more easily done with larger and more bureaucratic government.