Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

New Motion Comic - Nightborne

Link

Very interesting. I haven't played the beta, I assume the rebels are one of the factions in Legion?

That was very cool. Really wanted to know more about the Nightborne.

Deleted
    Story itself was interesting but god damn i hate this modern art style. It's so bland and messy. Hopefully we can get all the lore of the nightborne in-game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Story itself was interesting but god damn i hate this modern art style. It's so bland and messy. Hopefully we can get all the lore of the nightborne in-game.
    Legion is looking to be heavily story focused so I'm sure we'll be able to see it all in game. I heard that these events were already revealed via cutscene anyways. As for the art style, I think it looks fine, doesn't really compare to the Burdens of Shaohao or Lords of War though.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I am only 3000/6000 friendly on beta with the nightborne and the story in Suramar is massive and really interesting imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was impressive, once again. Art Style is not that bad but it's not my thing either. Give it a 8/10

Really nice seeing these lore bits.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yes it was nice seeing at little detail of what was going on amongst the nightborne, see how Thalyssra was betrayed by Melandrus.

It was good to see that some did not give in to fear, we know what happens in legion ofc, the rebels rise up and by the time we assault the Nighthold have turned 2/3 of the city to their cause. Thalyssra from outside in the fallen state of nightfallen and Ly'leth Lunastre from the inside.

It's a really grand tale in total, I like how the nightborne themselves are the architects of fixing their own error, at least one group of night elves still has considerable mettle in them.

okay that was unfair, still it is good that they are pushing for their liberation and for ending the legion, becasue as we all know, we wipe out every nightborne that allied with the legion, everysingle one. Exchange your freedom for the evil of the legion, that's no life at all, no luxury is worth that.

Intersting that Elisande herself did not do any of the backstabbing etc - I wonder if she also saw this when she examined the pathways, that to save the nightborne and defeat the legion, she would have to surrender and allow the resistance form, knowing that the situation would force the rebels to contact the outsiders, inc thier night elven kin to aid them and together would destroy the legion and every nightborne who would have betrayed them - cos they would already have shown their hand. Those whose heart wasn't in the legion would defect to the rebellion anyway, only leaving those who would have joined the legion either way. and thus by doing it this way she both buys time for a rebellion to form, gain momentum and then motivate a city and overcome the legion spoiling their plans and ultimately defeating them - this is the only way both the nightborne survive and the legion destroyed.

Or she just caved in to fear, and searching the timeways only revealed the perspective from the information she had - i.e. no factoring of us - don't forget, the nightborne are not aware that they won the war of the ancients, that azeroth was saved, and all the activity that ahs happened since including the 3rd war - they dont know any of that, nor does AU Gul'dan unless Garrosh or Kil'jaeden told him. Therefore they are not factored in to her time search and she doesn't see the opportunity.

For someone who fought tooth and nail against the demons the first time round, Elisande's decision is surprising, unless she has seen the possible future of the rebellion rising or, she erred, putting too much confidence in her ability to see the timeways - or she just gave up in fear. Wonder if we'll ever know.

Remember this from the encounter:

From this i think she miscalculated - because here she dies and we obviously defeat the Gul'dan and the legion - but lol - the fact is, suramar does survive and the nightborne too ... so maybe she was right
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-07-07 at 07:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Yes it was nice seeing at little detail of what was going on amongst the nightborne, see how Thalyssra was betrayed by Melandrus.

It was good to see that some did not give in to fear, we know what happens in legion ofc, the rebels rise up and by the time we assault the Nighthold have turned 2/3 of the city to their cause. Thalyssra from outside in the fallen state of nightfallen and Ly'leth Lunastre from the inside.

It's a really grand tale in total, I like how the nightborne themselves are the architects of fixing their own error, at least one group of night elves still has considerable mettle in them.

okay that was unfair, still it is good that they are pushing for their liberation and for ending the legion, becasue as we all know, we wipe out every nightborne that allied with the legion, everysingle one. Exchange your freedom for the evil of the legion, that's no life at all, no luxury is worth that.

Intersting that Elisande herself did not do any of the backstabbing etc - I wonder if she also saw this when she examined the pathways, that to save the nightborne and defeat the legion, she would have to surrender and allow the resistance form, knowing that the situation would force the rebels to contact the outsiders, inc thier night elven kin to aid them and together would destroy the legion and every nightborne who would have betrayed them - cos they would already have shown their hand. Those whose heart wasn't in the legion would defect to the rebellion anyway, only leaving those who would have joined the legion either way. and thus by doing it this way she both buys time for a rebellion to form, gain momentum and then motivate a city and overcome the legion spoiling their plans and ultimately defeating them - this is the only way both the nightborne survive and the legion destroyed.

Or she just caved in to fear, and searching the timeways only revealed the perspective from the information she had - i.e. no factoring of us - don't forget, the nightborne are not aware that they won the war of the ancients, that azeroth was saved, and all the activity that ahs happened since including the 3rd war - they dont know any of that, nor does AU Gul'dan unless Garrosh or Kil'jaeden told him. Therefore they are not factored in to her time search and she doesn't see the opportunity.

For someone who fought tooth and nail against the demons the first time round, Elisande's decision is surprising, unless she has seen the possible future of the rebellion rising or, she erred, putting too much confidence in her ability to see the timeways - or she just gave up in fear. Wonder if we'll ever know.

Remember this from the encounter:

From this i think she miscalculated - because here she dies and we obviously defeat the Gul'dan and the legion - but lol - the fact is, suramar does survive and the nightborne too ... so maybe she was right
    What is this thing with Blizzard where they create enemies who have supposedly seen all possible outcomes and foresee only their victory only to end up dying/defeated?

Off the top of my head:
    Algalon
    Deathwing/Most of his minions
    Muruzond
    Garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    The Allegiance was shocking but the Magistrix is in a VERY SHITTY situation. I mean if she resisted, her people would have to defend against the Legion and protect the Nightwell. In the end it would of ended with the Nightborne being wiped out. At the same time i understand that one Nightborne refusing to live and just being a Fel and demonic pawn of the Legion. I know she had the power to foresee stuff but I guess that's the tragedy and well it's going to cost a lot of lives.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Elisande gift of future-sight is obviously limited, as on striking her deal with the Legion show "found" a path to a possible future where the Nightborne could endure. Imagine if she had held out to strike a deal with the combined forces of Azeroth as opposed to being a proxy of Gul'dan and the Legion? Like Velen, she can't see beyond a future she can't understand - her own ignorance tripped up the fate of her people and plunged them against the force that could've saved them.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Really liked it, hopefully the comics will be bundled in the future. The art was alright. Wanting to know more about NBelfs now, when before i wasnt too interested.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

My dream is to see the 3 races of elves retake Suramar and confront the legion together

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool but.. shame the best material for the lords-of-war-like thing

That was really well done and interesting. I hope they will use this style more often. I also now feel bad for killing the Nightborne. We should help to free them of the Legion instead. They had no real choice. It would be awesome if the Nightborne would switch sides at the end of Legion and help us kill the demons. Then the Nightborne could become a new race for Alliance AND Horde.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    My dream is to see the 3 races of elves retake Suramar and confront the legion together
    That would be pretty sweet, Theron & Tyrande & Evenshade & Vereesa show and kick ass together.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I want all 5 groups of Elves involved. A place for the Kalimdor Night Elves, for the Eldre'thalas Highbrone, the high elves and the blood elves and ofc the nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I want all 5 groups of Elves involved. A place for the Kalimdor Night Elves, for the Eldre'thalas Highbrone, the high elves and the blood elves and ofc the nightborne.
    1. Well for starters there are only 2 races of Elves, not 3. Within those 2 races there are 5 prominent groups.
    Night Elf - the night elves, the highborne, the nightborne
    Thalassians - the blood elves, the high elves, the Darkfallen.

The nocturnal group or night elves - this include the night elves, the highborne shen'drelar or Quel'dorei (darnassian) and the Nightborne (Shal'dorei) - they are all Kal'dorei - the other two groups have the prefix appended to them. The other race are the Thalassian Elves - these are the high elves and blood elves - day elves, and the Darkfallen.

You can consider the nightborne a new race, just like you can consider the darkfallen or fel elves a new race, but they are a new race of night elf and of thalassian elf respectively.

Blizzard may choose to make them a playable race on their own, but like Gilneans are of human, the nightborne are clearly of night elves.

2. Why on earth should the nightborne share their city with anyone? It's their city, the only ones who have any claim to it are the night elves of northwestern Kalimdor who largely come from Suramar. It's their city. Unless they blood elves or high elves get on good terms with them, I don't see Suramar or the nightborne being with anyone but the night elves, and at that barely any of the northwestern kalimdor lot, it would be nightborne and the normal night elves of the Broken Isles - Suramar is their city.

Illidan Stormrage is an interesting possibility for leadership of that city though or of the Night elves of the region - but this depends on his role, I mean he is basically the key to the Legion's defeat , that his city of suramar is back and having no beef with the survivors, unlike the northern kalimdor group his brother still leads. Under Illidan is the only way I see blood elves having a part of the city.

I don't see blood elves particularly wanting to stay in a night time city, nor any relocation happening - it's the night elves that have the connection it's their affair, the Thalassian elves left that a long time ago - they may align though, may have a Thalassian embassy or something there, but nothing more. It's a night elf affair mainly.

Besides it's high time the night elves got something amazing. If the nightborne share with the blood elves i'd be like wtf, what do Thalassian elves have to do with any of this. this is nightborne nelven metropolis, keep it that way please. My hope is that finally all night elves will finally get going , start rebuilding, start getting good, the nightborne add a lot to night elf lore and night elf prospects as a whole. I don't think they should do it on their own, they should team up with the other night elves cos they need each other alot.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-07-08 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    1. Well for starters there are only 2 races of Elves, not 3. Within those 2 races there are 5 prominent groups.
    Night Elf - the night elves, the highborne, the nightborne
    Thalassians - the blood elves, the high elves, the Darkfallen.

The nocturnal group or night elves - this include the night elves, the highborne shen'drelar or Quel'dorei (darnassian) and the Nightborne (Shal'dorei) - they are all Kal'dorei - the other two groups have the prefix appended to them. The other race are the Thalassian Elves - these are the high elves and blood elves - day elves, and the Darkfallen.

You can consider the nightborne a new race, just like you can consider the darkfallen or fel elves a new race, but they are a new race of night elf and of thalassian elf respectively.

Blizzard may choose to make them a playable race on their own, but like Gilneans are of human, the nightborne are clearly of night elves.

2. Why on earth should the nightborne share their city with anyone? It's their city, the only ones who have any claim to it are the night elves of northwestern Kalimdor who largely come from Suramar. It's their city. Unless they blood elves or high elves get on good terms with them, I don't see Suramar or the nightborne being with anyone but the night elves, and at that barely any of the northwestern kalimdor lot, it would be nightborne and the normal night elves of the Broken Isles - Suramar is their city.

Illidan Stormrage is an interesting possibility for leadership of that city though or of the Night elves of the region - but this depends on his role, I mean he is basically the key to the Legion's defeat , that his city of suramar is back and having no beef with the survivors, unlike the northern kalimdor group his brother still leads. Under Illidan is the only way I see blood elves having a part of the city.

I don't see blood elves particularly wanting to stay in a night time city, nor any relocation happening - it's the night elves that have the connection it's their affair, the Thalassian elves left that a long time ago - they may align though, may have a Thalassian embassy or something there, but nothing more. It's a night elf affair mainly.

Besides it's high time the night elves got something amazing. If the nightborne share with the blood elves i'd be like wtf, what do Thalassian elves have to do with any of this. this is nightborne nelven metropolis, keep it that way please. My hope is that finally all night elves will finally get going , start rebuilding, start getting good, the nightborne add a lot to night elf lore and night elf prospects as a whole. I don't think they should do it on their own, they should team up with the other night elves cos they need each other alot.
    but you have to admit it would be a nice prospect if all Elves were working together again right? Fine, maybe the high/blood elf group might not like a night city etc, but they don't have to live in Suramar now do they, the prospect of the Elves coming together and being a formidable force is really tempting.

With the nightborne added to the rest of the night elves they kinda cancel out the blood elves, might be even strong enough to stand on their own two feet without requiring the alliance - doubtful, but together you have to admit though, they can really be a force to be reckoned with comparable to the humans and orcs even.

Besides don't you feel that Elves should be their own thing? not so dependent on humans or orcs?

That comic was good glad to see more lore of the Nightborne.

Deleted
    Dialogues seem better than in Magni's comic.

I hope they'll stick to these comics for the whole Legion.