View Poll Results: Do you like the Vrykul Fantasy?

Voters
55. This poll is closed
  • Yes

27 49.09%
  • No

16 29.09%
  • Don't care this isn't something that is important to me

12 21.82%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Cool, NEVER playing my warrior ever again

"The team shifted to focusing on the Vrykul story and fantasy."

Cool so this dog shit "Fantasy"... no no its not the fucking fantasy and I wont refer it to that, its trash... complete trash.

So the "Trash" that Blizz LITERALLY pulled out of their ass (no idea where else this came from) is now the focal point for warriors. Didn't know Night Elves, Gnomes and Undead were Vrykul but this is just so shit. Like the title states I'm not playing my warrior again. Not until this Trash is no longer plaguing the class. Goodbye 10year character cya later when your fantasy isn't "HURR DURR ME SMASH, FOR THOR! DRINK MEAD EAT MEAT."

There is nothing I can think of that would appeal to all warriors... but I could probably think of something that would appeal to MORE warriors than what were getting. All honesty a new class hall isn't going to fix warriors "Fantasy." You notice that lets say Rogues, all 3 SPECS have a fantasy Poison/bleed/shadow/pirate. Here is where the main problem lies, warrior specs all share the same fantasy of build rage and hit things. This is where the changes should be made. There should be a CLEAR distinction between all 3 specs.

Arms should be a master swordsman with precision fighting as if the blade was an extension of their arm. a Clear headed fighter thats calm and deadly on the battlefield. (wow a warrior t hats calm on the battlefield? who would've thought there were more than rage hungry idiots.) There should be a new resource for Arms (on top of rage or replace rage)

Fury: Current fury fits fine...its fury.

Prot: I quit prot back at the start of BRF. I haven't kept up much with it since but from Slootbag he seems to think its in a solid spot but it def could use some lore/fantasy separation from fury.

As for your original question of what class hall I could I think of: I know one that a lot of people would've wanted, Frey Island being beefed up (underground and above ground) I'm ok with this idea but Frey Island is kinda small for size. Normally Id say we could have a hall with our class order like Silver Hand did... but we don't have a "Organization" to relate to... another problem for warriors.

Have a good day! (better than mine so far...)

EDIT: I've calmed a little bit now but most of what I've said still remains true to how I feel. I don't like it plain and simple. I don't like it to the point of dropping my character until its gone. Not much else to say here. I value what my character is and represents equal if not more to how it performs in raid/pvp. Its Very important to me, I'm not so much mad that its Vrykul now but more of the fact that I cant opt out of it. As for the people that are saying I have no point to base my argument on... again its an opinion not an argument with varying sides and can be whatever ID like it to be. I'm simply angry that I have 10 years invested into a character and have my own personal reasoning/background for playing it and I don't need a company shoving something down my throat that I don't want. Lots of bad news for me lately and this is just the cherry on top..s o yeah sorry for sounding like a babbling child.

Sadly I'll have to log on my warrior due to the fact that I gotta get the artifact appearances in case they remove em after Legion.

EDIT2: added something constructive to talk about and a poll.
    Last edited by Damaind; 2016-07-07 at 09:01 PM.

So, I was going to write an actual response to this but then I read this part:
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    "HURR DURR ME SMASH, FOR THOR! DRINK MEAD EAT MEAT."
    and realized that you think Vrykul and Ogres are the same species so I'm just gonna leave the thread in peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I didn't think it was all bad in the changes, or with the new story line myself - but then again, I guess I like that Vrykul look myself... and I kind of spend most of my time on my FILTHY alliance paladin (After WoD gutted warriors with the pre-patch).

I hope you don't at least give up warriors forever op. Once a warrior always a warrior <3

Deleted
    hmmm.. ok.

I can agree a bit with the OP. All I hear when they talk is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6S-3Edw1I and I really wish I didn't because it kinda killed it for me a bit.

"HURR DURR ME SMASH, FOR THOR! DRINK MEAD EAT MEAT."
    I can understand not liking the whole Valhalla thing but isn't that EXACTLY what a warrior is? Charge into battle with a high proficiency for close combat and just smash things?

Or "HUR ME SMASH"

10+ Year Old Account
    "The team shifted to focusing on the Vrykul story and fantasy."

Cool so this dog shit "Fantasy"... no no its not the fucking fantasy and I wont refer it to that, its trash... complete trash.

So the "Trash" that Blizz LITERALLY pulled out of their ass (no idea where else this hit came from) is now the focal point for warriors. Didn't know Night Elves, Gnomes and Undead were Vrykul but this is just so shit. Like the title states I'm not playing my warrior ever again. Not until this shitty Trash is no longer plaguing the class. Goodbye 10year character cya later when your fantasy isn't "HURR DURR ME SMASH, FOR THOR! DRINK MEAD EAT MEAT."

Honestly tho... seriously?

also don't forget the fact that Arms is worse in Legion than WoD good fucking job at that.

If you cant tell I'm angry and venting you're an idiot.

Have a good day! (better than mine so far...)
    Exactly what the forums need, more children throwing a fit. Its their game, they can do what they want with it. If you can't deal with that (and its pretty clear that you can't) cancel your sub and find something else to rage about.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I didn't think it was all bad in the changes, or with the new story line myself - but then again, I guess I like that Vrykul look myself... and I kind of spend most of my time on my FILTHY alliance paladin (After WoD gutted warriors with the pre-patch).

I hope you don't at least give up warriors forever op. Once a warrior always a warrior <3
    Will have to log on to collect appearances since they said they may make getting the artifact appearances unobtainable after Legion

Warriors are a boring class to play anyway, they're a good class to play but they have the most basic spells and lore, if you think adding Vykrul fantasy to their story is wrong - you're delusional.

You sound like such a whiner and you don't even make a real point to base your argument upon. Sorry you don't like it I guess, but no-one cares for your paddying tantrum.

Deleted
    Thanks for this OP. Good to know the younger generation still recognises the important things in life.

Deleted
    I think we found the source for boogies character francis guys

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Thanks for this OP. Good to know the younger generation still recognises the important things in life.
    Some things are more important to some that may be simple and pointless to others. This something I care greatly about. Also this has nothing to do about life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some things are more important to some that may be simple and pointless to others. This something I care greatly about. Also this has nothing to do about life.
    Then learn to express yourself in a manner that doesn't sound like a rampaging toddler.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Warriors are a boring class to play anyway, they're a good class to play but they have the most basic spells and lore, if you think adding Vykrul fantasy to their story is wrong - you're delusional.

You sound like such a whiner and you don't even make a real point to base your argument upon. Sorry you don't like it I guess, but no-one cares for your paddying tantrum.
    Its an opinion not an argument. and I clearly stated I'm venting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Then learn to express yourself in a manner that doesn't sound like a rampaging toddler.
    There are far worse ways to express my anger. Typing my opinion online is probably one of the best ways actually? Unless you like me to go punch shit or something... because that's better amirite?

Do you feel better now? jeez.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Do you feel better now? jeez.
    Yes. at least emotionally. still have cramps and shitting liquid tho don't eat microwave dinners!

It would have been better if the warrior's introduction to Vrykul was more established/well-written. There's plenty of plot holes, a lack of unique dialogue when doing some stuff in Stormheim/Halls of Valor(Unless you are Fury. Prot/Arms don't have nearly as much unique dialogue getting triggered).

It mostly feels like, "Oh hey, you're a damn strong warrior and you ended up fighting alongside my Vrykul. You're going to be the leader of my army. Also we made sure you remained alive." (That last part made me chuckle. My warrior is Undead.)

-An army that was originally written to be stuck in Skyhold, but you can send them down to do missions in Broken Isle.

-A class hall that now has its first non-Vrykul guest. Yet there's tons of non-vrykul(player) warriors running around.

-The insults or put downs by Vrykul and more, throughout Stormheim and Halls of Valor. You're barely recognized, even though you're their champion. Unless you wield the Fury weapons, which gives you a couple extra snippets of dialogue.

It's been said by others on the warrior forums, but Vrykul's story feels too open for anyone to come in. They could have been a faction with Skyhold as a base of operation in a future patch. Hell, that may eventually be the case unless they want to dismiss this massive, stormforged army floating in the sky.

It feels less like Warrior fantasy/lore, and more like Vrykul fantasy/lore. But they over-associate warriors with vrykul. Especially since, as people have seen in the Halls of Valor, not everyone there is a warrior. They have rune casters, archers, hunters, shield maidens, valkyr, and lastly warriors.

Due to the fantasy, warriors lose out on many big-name warriors that could have joined us in Skyhold. Instead we get 3 new followers that have very, very little development. And then Thorim/Hodir. I wouldn't even call either Thorim or Hodir warriors, they're Keepers that both wield a specific element. They might wield a melee weapon, but it doesn't feel very warrior-esque to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    It would have been better if the warrior's introduction to Vrykul was more established/well-written. There's plenty of plot holes, a lack of unique dialogue when doing some stuff in Stormheim/Halls of Valor(Unless you are Fury. Prot/Arms don't have nearly as much unique dialogue getting triggered).

It mostly feels like, "Oh hey, you're a damn strong warrior and you ended up fighting alongside my Vrykul. You're going to be the leader of my army. Also we made sure you remained alive." (That last part made me chuckle. My warrior is Undead.)

-An army that was originally written to be stuck in Skyhold, but you can send them down to do missions in Broken Isle.

-A class hall that now has its first non-Vrykul guest. Yet there's tons of non-vrykul(player) warriors running around.

-The insults or put downs by Vrykul and more, throughout Stormheim and Halls of Valor. You're barely recognized, even though you're their champion. Unless you wield the Fury weapons, which gives you a couple extra snippets of dialogue.

It's been said by others on the warrior forums, but Vrykul's story feels too open for anyone to come in. They could have been a faction with Skyhold as a base of operation in a future patch. Hell, that may eventually be the case unless they want to dismiss this massive, stormforged army floating in the sky.

It feels less like Warrior fantasy/lore, and more like Vrykul fantasy/lore. But they over-associate warriors with vrykul. Especially since, as people have seen in the Halls of Valor, not everyone there is a warrior. They have rune casters, archers, hunters, shield maidens, valkyr, and lastly warriors.

Due to the fantasy, warriors lose out on many big-name warriors that could have joined us in Skyhold. Instead we get 3 new followers that have very, very little development. And then Thorim/Hodir. I wouldn't even call either Thorim or Hodir warriors, they're Keepers that both wield a specific element. They might wield a melee weapon, but it doesn't feel very warrior-esque to me.
    This is probably what I should've based my initial post on but I had to vent somewhere/somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    The flavor of warriors in legion bring out the class perfectly.

The whole Norse background has been used In Wotlk, being a warrior doesn't make you a Vyrkul, their GoD odyn (Odin) accepts you as great warrior.
    makes sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Will have to log on to collect appearances since they said they may make getting the artifact appearances unobtainable after Legion
    As long as you never forget the WARRIOR POWER! ALL OTHER CLASSES are BELOW US!