Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Bernie Sanders Is Expected to Endorse Hillary Clinton Next Week

Genn Greymane will need to break out the super large popcorn maker next Tuesday as it's reported that Sanders will endorse Clinton at a campaign event.

Bernie Sanders Is Expected to Endorse Hillary Clinton Next Week

After three weeks of private preparations, Senator Bernie Sanders is expected to endorse Hillary Clinton on Tuesday at a campaign event in New Hampshire, according to three Democrats who have been involved in the planning.

The Clinton campaign on Thursday announced the New Hampshire trip but did not provide details, including any mention of Mr. Sanders.

Mr. Sanders, in an interview Thursday with Bloomberg View’s Al Hunt, came as close to endorsing Mrs. Clinton as he ever has, saying: “We have got to do everything that we can to defeat Donald Trump and elect Hillary Clinton. I don’t honestly know how we would survive four years of a Donald Trump as president.”

The three Democrats, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to reveal confidential conversations, said that the endorsement was partly the result of daily talks between Mrs. Clinton’s campaign manager, Robby Mook, and the Sanders campaign manager, Jeff Weaver, about bringing together the two rivals and advancing the policy priorities of Mr. Sanders. The discussions included a dinner between Mr. Mook and Mr. Weaver in Burlington, Vt., where Mr. Sanders has his campaign headquarters.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/08/us...imes&smtyp=cur
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

He gets bought off just like how Hillary got bought off when she went from attacking Obama to supporting him

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He gets bought off just like how Hillary got bought off when she went from attacking Obama to supporting him
    Or MAYBE he is right and it would be worth electing literally anyone to prevent the damage a president Trump would cause.

Hillary is a dreadlord!

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    Or MAYBE he is right and it would be worth electing literally anyone to prevent the damage a president Trump would cause.
    The fact you think Hillary is any better than Trump is pretty damn laughable. Go ahead and elect your crazy dishonest conservative democrat, I am sure she will do a great job LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact you think Hillary is any better than Trump is pretty damn laughable. Go ahead and elect your crazy dishonest conservative democrat, I am sure she will do a great job LOL
    I think a lot of people would prefer to elect someone who, despite being untrustworthy and a conniving snake, would keep the status quo (as shitty as it is) versus elect someone who might actually destroy the country.

It's a shame he decided to step in line. I would have liked to see him not endorse her, Vermonters would still re-elect him if he runs for his seat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I think a lot of people would prefer to elect someone who, despite being untrustworthy and a conniving snake, would keep the status quo (as shitty as it is) versus elect someone who might actually destroy the country.
    One person cannot destroy the country

history proves otherwise.

Maybe the country should be destroyed. That way you can rebuild it to be better and less shitty than it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    history proves otherwise.
    Oh, who was the one man who destroyed America? It takes all 3 branches working together to fuck it up

Deleted
    You cannot make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, but guess people are too scared to want anything but more of the same even while crying for change.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Maybe the country should be destroyed. That way you can rebuild it to be better and less shitty than it is right now.
    I don't think people would generally be okay with that risk, nor should they be given it would destroy their livelihood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, who was the one man who destroyed America? It takes all 3 branches working together to fuck it up
    One man with his crazed populist rhetoric can coerce all 3 branches into his way of thinking, and then it is just a matter of time before the system is done for.

Hillary is dishonest, yeah. When was the last time you've heard an honest politician talk? It is not what you should pay attention to, but, rather, "What would they do as a president"?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Potentially. Even if they couldn't, vitriolic thoughts and toxic behavior can absolutely foster an environment where bad things can chain out of control.

Potentially. Even if they couldn't, vitriolic thoughts and toxic behavior can absolutely foster an environment where bad things can chain out of control.
    Like how Obama helped create the Do nothing Congress? He has to be the worst leader I have ever seen, I know Burger King managers who have better leadership skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well short of Hillary getting indicted, arrested or killed, we all knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

Hillary is the status quo. We don't like the status quo. But we're less terrified of the devil we know than the devil named Trump.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like how Obama helped create the Do nothing Congress? He has to be the worst leader I have ever seen, I know Burger King managers who have better leadership skills.
    Congress has been do nothing forever. There's a reason Congressional jokes transcend time. America didn't just start to hate politicians in 2008 you donut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooooo that means a lot considering you've seen like, 4.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Do nothing" is still better than "ruin everything", don't you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.