Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    I've not personally looked at the forums but I was in a group on competitive play last night and we had a lvl 26 guy change his character on every death as if he was practising the characters, I only mentioned to him he was reseting his ult every time he changed and he gave me some serious abuse so I blocked him, of course we lost the game.
    Most of these games have bad communities or rather super toxic people in it. It's nearly unpreventable. >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Venedia View Post

Is the toxicity of LoL transfering over to OW, since it became the most popular current game?
    This, annoys the fuck out of me. Since overwatch release I've seen every tom dick and harry go "herp derp the league people are here and making our game toxic!"

League players aren't the only gamers on overwatch, besides that, every other game has some degree of toxicity. Wow, Hots, Cod, halo I know people from all types of games are playing overwatch and some of them can be just as nasty as others, others are just as pleasant as others.

Personally, I play with two friends on it, about 2-4 hours a night, and I've seen one person you'd class as toxic, quite a few trollers but I wouldn't call them arseholes

I am in shock atm.

I played in the beta for half of its duration, and had a blast.
    "Everyone" communicated and worked together.

But it seems after they opened the floodgates, the community turned insanely toxic.
    I just took a look on official forums for shits and giggles, and just wow.

Is the toxicity of LoL transfering over to OW, since it became the most popular current game?
    Have you never played a FPS before, or even communicated with other human beings in a competitive environment? Ever played team sports? Sledging is 50% of all competition. Stop being so thin skinned.

Deleted
    I am in shock atm.

But it seems after they opened the floodgates, the community turned insanely toxic.

I've got the same impression, only, I'm the toxic player because peoples absurd inability to play the most simple and casual of games is staggering.
    But yes, this is what happens when a game gets really popular. A vast majority of people are shit, so expect things to be shit when they're involved.

Never had these issues but one time. Mostly because everyone has their voice chat off and no one writes anything.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in shock atm.

I never looked at the official OW forums. I have had a blast with the OW community in games I play on oceanic. We banter a lot but that's what aussies do. Whenever somebody gets butthurt they are called out for being salty and usually thats the end of it. Though tonight playing, I did a round with 37 kills and 4 gold medals as torb on defend, somebody called it out cos i was torb then some guy called him out for playing bastion in the previous round and saying 'a win is a win' in defence of being called out previously as playing bastion. Suddenly a 5 minute shit fight broke out in round 3 over me as I sat back and drank my glass of jim beam. Aussie servers are the best!
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Player versus player stuff where you only meet the person once for ten minutes is going to draw in toxic people very easily.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    Player versus player stuff where you only meet the person once for ten minutes is going to draw in toxic people very easily.
    You sure you arent talking about hearthstone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

It's really not that bad for a shooter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in shock atm.

Name me a single multiplayer online FPS game that doesn't have a toxic community.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I remember when I was 8 years old and was shocked that there are toxic people who play video games on the internet.

Seriously how many of these threads are going to be made? These forum topics are literally toxic/cancer themselves because of how stupid and meaningless they are.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    I do not feel that the game is even close to as Toxic as LoL or DotA 2. Maybe I am not paying enough attention to chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I do not feel that the game is even close to as Toxic as LoL or DotA 2. Maybe I am not paying enough attention to chat.
    I've found that they aren't very frequent. Maybe 1 in 5 games or so. Most of the games go through entire match with no one typing anything in chat other than using the HELLO, ULT IS READY, or UNDERSTOOD emotes.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-07-07 at 09:38 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I've found that they aren't very frequent. Maybe 1 in 5 games or so. Most of the games go through entire match with no one typing anything in chat other than using the HELLO, ULT IS READY, or UNDERSTOOD emotes.
    Exactly, most of the times when people write it feels like they are complimenting or joking around. From both the team and the opponents.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's a healthy way for those insecure people to vent their feelings. Don't want another school shooting on our hands do we?; P

Holy shit, competative online multiplayer community is bad. News of the century, how can this be. Shocked. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    This is common in every multiplayer game, isnt it?

Especially if it's team based.
    I encounter it rarely in HoTs, unless I'm in lobby chat

Most games i play in OW are completely silent in regards to chat, if that makes it toxic than sure. Forums are always cesspools. You have the few small glimmers of awesome, but the vocal turdlets fill it with their poo and ruin most enjoyable threads.
    I'm a thread killer.

Welcome to the world of online "competitive" shooter/team games. Every game is like this. Every game has its share of derps
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

The community indeed is. But tbh I can understand it most of the time. People aren't willing to roll an other class (3 Hanzo anyone?), or they have a "main" and can't tank or heal. You can do tons of retarded things in this game, it can be very annoying (Reinhardt that's using his charge all the time into a full enemy group, Torbjorn on attack, people just rushing in without teamplay et cetera).

What grinds my gear all the time is the numbers of bugs that are ingame. Roadhog his hook (Jesus our savior Christ this thing is annoying), Hanzo his hitbox, walking behind something but on the killcam you were not behind it. Just some things that they really need to fix. The last thing, but not the least: the nerf of Widowmaker. Dear God, they completely ruined here, she is useless now. Buff her in a kind of way or nerf almost every other hero too.

And maybe you find me salty here, that can be. I just came out of a game and lost from a bunch of retards..... .