Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Reduced to smithereens, you mean. All follower upgrades will have their value reduced to 1 copper (from the 3-8g each vendors currently). A GOOD reason to open before patch.
    So I guess people will need to open their boxes the night before and mail off hundreds of boe's.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I sure hope people haven't followed the advice given earlier in this thread to go ahead and vendor void storage. But I can already see the rage on the forums because I'm sure someone already did it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I keep hearing "Player Items" ... what exactly is that? it's not the soulbound class sets. It's not greens/blues/purples (boe?)
    It's exactly that - BoE items you can wear.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    So I guess people will need to open their boxes the night before and mail off hundreds of boe's.
    More or less. I wasn't stocking up on crates till recently, but now alts have 300+crates each. I will probably take 2-3 nights to clear and sort stuff up

Deleted
    Only one question remains.

We now know the ONLY change coming to pre 7.0 crates is the vendor value of follower gear.

How much gold are we losing by opening the crates post 7.0? (lets say per 1.000 crates for easy math)

I'm not taking any chances so I'm just gonna open them all every monday night until we have a confirmation on a date (probably the 19th, otherwise the 26th, very unlikely but still possibly the 12th, but man don't we all wish it was the third).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I have been cleaning up banks and bags for some time now. The next step now that banks are emptied are to open the crates, distribute the gear to the appropriate toons and then vendor the follower crap and AH the mats. When the patch hits, the last thing i want to do is screw around with thousands of crates... Just doing a few hundred a day til I am through them all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I have been cleaning up banks and bags for some time now. The next step now that banks are emptied are to open the crates, distribute the gear to the appropriate toons and then vendor the follower crap and AH the mats. When the patch hits, the last thing i want to do is screw around with thousands of crates... Just doing a few hundred a day til I am through them all.
    Yeah I did mine all last weekend. Bought a bunch of 22 slot bags for my alts and mailed everything to them. I'll go through them once live hits by equipping or selling. It took me about 5 hours to get through 800 boxes including cleaning up my bank and listing stuff for the AH.

Waiting until launch could also cause herbs/ore to be less valued as well so I'm selling them while I can.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Yeah but the follower upgrade vendor prices are getting nerfed to 1 copper so all the upgrades you get out of them will be useless if you wait till after the patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigthumbb View Post
    A blue might answer that if you ask it on the official forums, I'd try there. Though they may not have decided yet.
    They don't always give people a heads up. Lots of things get ninja changed. Sometimes its intended to catch players off guard sometimes not.

Given what we know about the changes occurring to the garrison I suspect it won't be in your favor to hang on to the boxes.

What exactly is the purpose of hanging on to that many boxes? For the novelty of having that many options you won't ever use? Or a specific achievement?

Pre existing crates wont be effected according to Blizzard, the only thing that will be is the vendor price of the follower items but I can live with that, I'm not going to open thousands upon thousands of crates then struggle to find somewhere to store all the greens, blues, what not until the patch I have enough issues with inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Pre existing crates wont be effected according to Blizzard, the only thing that will be is the vendor price of the follower items but I can live with that, I'm not going to open thousands upon thousands of crates then struggle to find somewhere to store all the greens, blues, what not until the patch I have enough issues with inventory.
    You can open them with a full inv and everything will be sent to your mail and can store it all there for i believe up to 30 days

15+ Year Old Account
    Those weapon/armor upgrades that sell for 8 gold will be 1 copper once the patch hits.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    People like you make the thread go circles. Please bother to read the last 2-3 pages before you post. We already know the tweet and covered why it would be best to open crates before pre-patch.

Quick question, to anyone who is in the beta:

Do we know how the salvage crates change in 7.0?

For instance, will the new-and-"improved" crates include crafting mats (herbs, ores, dusts, fur, and hides)? I have a tailor that's going to be busy while I level my other level 100s, and would like to keep using the salvage yard. Plus my engineer will want to keep mailing those 3-uses portable mailboxes to my alts.

Why not just open them all and mail them to an alt(s)? That way you could be sure to get the gear out of them you expect to, and can AH the herbs and crafting mats you get from those crates while they are still somewhat relevant. Sure its a bit inconvenient to have all that mail, but you're going to end up sending your leather to some toons, and mail to other etc anyway.

edit*fat fingers

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Quick question, to anyone who is in the beta:

Do we know how the salvage crates change in 7.0?

For instance, will the new-and-"improved" crates include crafting mats (herbs, ores, dusts, fur, and hides)? I have a tailor that's going to be busy while I level my other level 100s, and would like to keep using the salvage yard. Plus my engineer will want to keep mailing those 3-uses portable mailboxes to my alts.
    I believe Ion said that current crates won't change, but that they will no longer be rewards from quests. Instead Salvage Yard will have WO's for resources that award new crates (that are worse most likely).
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.