Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DoflamingoGT View Post
    and since WoW is played mostly by people with older PCs that can't handle the newer games
    I hate being this guy, but how do you know this? Because in the past they made the game able to be played easier for people with older pc's?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You again jump to conclusions that they are paying the subscription readily.
    Point proven, you just can't accept that your circumstances do not apply widely.
    If they can't pay the subscription comfortably, they shouldn't be paying it at all.
    You're talking about a scenario that is next to non-existant.

You're basically telling us, that someone who is capable of paying £9 a month for a WoW sub, is unable to pay £20 for an incredibly basic hard drive upgrade (that i promise you they shouldn't even need to begin with, just clear some space on whatever HDD/SSD they already have, because it WILL be big enough) to manage the 20gb extra download legion is coming with?

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    If they can't pay the subscription comfortably, they shouldn't be paying it at all.
    You're talking about a scenario that is next to non-existant.

You're basically telling us, that someone who is capable of paying £9 a month for a WoW sub, is unable to pay £20 for an incredibly basic hard drive upgrade (that i promise you they shouldn't even need to begin with, just clear some space on whatever HDD they already have, because it WILL be big enough) to manage the 20gb extra download legion is coming with?
    You keep on about the subscription.
    You are obsessed with it, proving the point.
    You keep assuming that is where their money is going.

"But the sub, but the sub, but the sub".
    I am not paying cash for the sub, but I still don't have a lot of cash ready to drop quickly.

Get over yourself.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-08 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I saw the prepatch for Legion and seriously 20 GB for a tiny island? That makes wow 55 GB, and if they plan on releasing more expansions with that bad optimization it will go 100 gb in the next. I am not saying that i can't handle the game myself but this looks really bad and since WoW is played mostly by people with older PCs that can't handle the newer games it will bring an additional huge drop of subscriptions. 1 small island getting more space than the first 5 installments is a joke. Blizzard should stop aiming for new players and focus on not losing the current ones because starting WoW now is almost impossible for a new person i have seen it myself, they play for a few days and then quit.
    Sounds really like your computer can't handle Legion.

You keep on about the subscription.
    You are obsessed with it, proving the point.
    You keep assuming that is where their money is going.
    How else are they able to play WoW if they or someone else are not paying the subscription fee? I really don't understand what you're trying to say here, you just keep screaming "point proven" and "ASSUMPTIONS!"

If someone can't shell out £20 for a cheap hard drive, do a bit of extra work around their area by helping mow someones grass, taking an elderly person shopping, selling something they own but no longer need, whatever to earn a bit of spare cash, then like i said, they have bigger things to worry about than the size of an expansion pack.

How else are they able to play WoW if they or someone else are not paying the subscription fee? I really don't understand what you're trying to say here, you just keep screaming "point proven" and "ASSUMPTIONS!"

If someone can't shell out £20 for a cheap hard drive, do a bit of extra work around their area by helping mow someones grass, taking an elderly person shopping, selling something they own but no longer need, whatever to earn a bit of spare cash, then like i said, they have bigger things to worry about than the size of an expansion pack.
    There are these things called tokens.
    But you keep refusing to accept that there are people on a limited budget for various reasons.
    For some the issue may be the download.

Just stop having a go at people who aren't as lucky as you.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The only shock and surprise that I had was it downloaded in 1 night on my satellite system. I was planning for and expecting quite a few leave the PC on over night and check on it every couple of hours.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    20GB = New Animations, Revamped Models, New Textures, New Area's. Just because its only a Tiny Island doesn't mean the textures are complete and utter horseshit and its not only 1 island, You have Mardum, The Dungeons, The Raids, All the new systems coming in like Mythic+ The artifacts. and if wow is now 55GB thats perfectly fine, there are games that are 60GB, Hell Star Citizen is meant to be over 100GB
    Battlefield 4 was something like 74Gb after the DLC.
    Call of Duty games anymore are pushing 80-90Gb.
    Star Citizen last I saw was pushing 112Gb.
    GW2 is around 25Gb.
    SWTOR is 32.3Gb
    Dragon Age Inquisition with DLC I think was almost 60Gb.
    Witcher 3 and DLC I think was almost 55Gb?

Complete install and up to date, Legion Beta is 41.4Gb.

Ark is like a 7Gb download, but when it is finished and decompresses, it ends up being like 35Gb, I think.
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-07-08 at 12:48 AM.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

There are these things called tokens.
    But you keep refusing to accept that there are people on a limited budget for various reasons.
    Tell me what's hard about someone selling something they already own, or doing some favours for a bit of cash towards an upgrade that is purchasable after the equivalent of roughly 4 hours minimum wage work?

In fact better yet.

Show me a scenario of someone who might play WoW, having a computer that is unable to manage an extra 20gb download. Show me someone playing WoW with a 100gb hard drive.

Tell me what's hard about someone selling something they already own, or doing some favours for a bit of cash towards an upgrade that is purchasable after the equivalent of roughly 4 hours minimum wage work?

In fact better yet.

Show me a scenario of someone who might play WoW, having a computer that is unable to manage an extra 20gb download. Show me someone playing WoW with a 100gb hard drive.
    Well, it CAN be; I personally have a way of getting around that though without buying...
    I have a SSD for my OS, SSD for my Games, and then a HDD NAS drive for Storage... My SSD that I use for games is only 223Gb. While I try to only have a handful of games downloaded, I have had it happen where I've been unable to patch some games because Origin and Steam like to allocate "extra" space and reserve it for a download, but can't get the reserve size it wants, and halts the download. :S

Did that to me recently with Ark; For something like a 6Gb patch, it wanted 18Gb of space or something. Would let me download it.

The simple solution is to just put the game either on my HDD, or deal with the slower load times, or, get a new SSD. But I don't have the money to get a new SSD. Sooo, yeah.

SSD's are pretty cheap anymore; Something like 27cents per Gb now for a decent one; then almost 40cents per GB for a Samsung EVO?
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-07-08 at 12:55 AM.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

In fact better yet.

You decided to be a bully.
    I don't need to prove the circumstances that others are experiencing when I did not accuse them of being wrong in the first place.
    You and others did that.
    But then demand that we have to disprove your accusation instead of you actually proving it first.

You wanted to call us liars.

You decided to be a bully.
    I don't need to prove the circumstances that others are experiencing when I did not accuse them of being wrong in the first place.
    You and others did that.
    But then demand that we have to disprove your accusation instead of you actually proving it first.

You wanted to call us liars.
    You assume i was being a bully.

You assume i was being a bully.
    Calling people liars because they have different circumstances.
    That size is a problem for some, it isn't for others.
    Yet there was this persistent effort to dismiss their views, because you don't experience it yourselves.

It is enough of an issue for some, it isn't for others.
    If you want to not appear as a bully, then leave the "not it isn't" view alone.

And stick to constructive suggestions, either freeing up space on what they have.
    Or recommendations on upgrades.

Using software like CCleaner to see if the browser cache and temporary files could be cleaned up.
    Though by default that clears a lot of stuff I wouldn't recommend initially.
    For web browsers Just clear the cache/temporary internet files and if applicable, the history if you have no need to identify or go back to past pages you looked at.
    Cookies are not going to take up much space and shouldnt be cleared unless you want to enter your passwords again, and if your browser is meant to be opening with multiple tabs from the last time, don't clear session.

Empty recycle bin.

Perhaps use the Windows Disk Cleanup to remove temporary files, since that requires them to be a week old.
    CCleaner assumes 1 day is old enough, which I disagree with.

Also another option if your internet access isn't hugely slow, is to just wait.
    If you uninstall and then reinstall on the day you won't be needing as much extra space.

Calling people liars because they have different circumstances.
    That size is a problem for some, it isn't for others.
    Yet there was this persistent effort to dismiss their views, because you don't experience it yourselves.

It is enough of an issue for some, it isn't for others.
    If you want to not appear as a bully, then leave the "not it isn't" view alone.

And stick to constructive suggestions, either freeing up space on what they have.
    Or recommendations on upgrades.

Using software like CCleaner to see if the browser cache and temporary files could be cleaned up.
    Though by default that clears a lot of stuff I wouldn't recommend initially.
    For web browsers Just clear the cache/temporary internet files and if applicable, the history if you have no need to identify or go back to past pages you looked at.
    Cookies are not going to take up much space and shouldnt be cleared unless you want to enter your passwords again, and if your browser is meant to be opening with multiple tabs from the last time, don't clear session.

Empty recycle bin.

Perhaps use the Windows Disk Cleanup to remove temporary files, since that requires them to be a week old.
    CCleaner assumes 1 day is old enough, which I disagree with.

Also another option if your internet access isn't hugely slow, is to just wait.
    If you uninstall and then reinstall on the day you won't be needing as much extra space.
    I think you'll find that if you re-read some of my previous posts, I gave suggestions multiple times on how to get money towards earning a cheap 500gb HDD that costs roughly £20-30 or that they could clear up some space on their HDD they already have that is inevitably going to be able to manage an extra 20gb, otherwise they wouldn't be playing WoW on it in the first place.

You just said "you should've said these things instead" when i did. I'm starting to think you didn't even read half of my comments before you hit "Reply with quote", just what you wanted to read.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The legion beta is currently ~38gb, so the actual game is likely to be around that size as well. A lot of the 20gb is just replacing existing files.
    I got this 20gb download onto my ssd, was kinda surprised of the size too...I haven't played wow for quite a while and am getting ready for legion. Are you saying that once the patch goes live some of those 20gb will replace the existing files and the actual incremental size would be smaller (how much exactly)? So far it looks like my SSD is 20 gb smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are trying to find new things to QQ about in this game.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I think you'll find that if you re-read some of my previous posts, I gave suggestions multiple times on how to get money towards earning a cheap 500gb HDD that costs roughly £20-30 or that they could clear up some space on their HDD they already have that is inevitably going to be able to manage an extra 20gb, otherwise they wouldn't be playing WoW on it in the first place.

You just said "you should've said these things instead" when i did. I'm starting to think you didn't even read half of my comments before you hit "Reply with quote", just what you wanted to read.
    And I said stick to those.
    I didn't say you made no positive suggestions or that it was entirely negative "instead of" those.
    Now I am being accused of saying something I did not.

You have made positive suggestions.
    I just think that people should drop the "but it isn't that big" part.

Quote Originally Posted by kooz View Post
    I got this 20gb download onto my ssd, was kinda surprised of the size too...I haven't played wow for quite a while and am getting ready for legion. Are you saying that once the patch goes live some of those 20gb will replace the existing files and the actual incremental size would be smaller (how much exactly)? So far it looks like my SSD is 20 gb smaller.
    The stated requirements from blizzard say that 45gb is required.

I have PTR and Beta on second drive at 45 and 35gb respectively.
    (had to move those to second drive due to lack of space on SSD).
    Take those as a guide.
    In my opinion the total installation after cleanup or with a fresh install is likely to be between those two.
    Best to assume the higher and be grateful if it is less.

It is likely that some files are being replaced, yes.
    The beta and PTR sizes do not seem to be indicating it is a straight up increase.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-08 at 01:25 AM.

Deleted
    I just love how people bring the "It'll cause a drop in subscriptions !" argument all the time. Like there's a Blizzard employee reading their complaints and thinking "Oh god ! This guy on the Internet says we'll lose subscriptions ! We have to fix this !"

7+ Year Old Account
    I saw the prepatch for Legion and seriously 20 GB for a tiny island? That makes wow 55 GB, and if they plan on releasing more expansions with that bad optimization it will go 100 gb in the next. I am not saying that i can't handle the game myself but this looks really bad and since WoW is played mostly by people with older PCs that can't handle the newer games it will bring an additional huge drop of subscriptions. 1 small island getting more space than the first 5 installments is a joke. Blizzard should stop aiming for new players and focus on not losing the current ones because starting WoW now is almost impossible for a new person i have seen it myself, they play for a few days and then quit.
    This is a bait right?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevonfor View Post
    I just love how people bring the "It'll cause a drop in subscriptions !" argument all the time. Like there's a Blizzard employee reading their complaints and thinking "Oh god ! This guy on the Internet says we'll lose subscriptions ! We have to fix this !"
    I suspect the increased minimum requirements on other components is likely to have more impact in the long-term.

It is obviously worth it financially for blizzard (and other companies) to support hardware that old.
    That leads to a fair conclusion that such hardware is in use still by a significant portion of their playerbase.

In fact a good part of my system isn't far off some of those minimum requirements.