Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

If he is the same in Several ways, its the same hero to me. Even if he has a few different abilities and his attributes are different.
    So he's a different person, with different powers and a different personality...but's he's still the same hero?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As are you. Same hero. I have nothing further to discuss on this.

They need to make a New hero for once. Not change an old one.

- - - Updated - - -

Then they wouldn't be pc that way though. Gotta get rid of the men.

- - - Updated - - -

If he is the same in Several ways, its the same hero to me. Even if he has a few different abilities and his attributes are different.
    your wrong and you dont know what your talking about it get over it stop being a child and just spouting NO YOU.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Just like this country once didn't allow women or people of color to vote, this country once didn't have superheroes who weren't largely white men. Are you hiding behind an art form created in a less diverse past to avoid the diversity of the actual world now? Do you want all film to reflect The Birth of a Nation because once the KKK was seen as heroic, and black men as dangerous to our women? I mean, honestly, at this point, I'm confused at your rationale as to why a medium wouldn't reflect the modern time it exists in.

Lastly, as someone pointed out earlier, Bendis, the guy writing this, originally made Nick Fury a black dude in 2001. There wasn't an uproar then about that race change....because it happened in 2001.
    Great. Flimsy accusations of racism from a mod. Let me be clear: It's not that a character is being changed into a woman/black person/ etc.
    It's that they are being fundamentally changed, period. The exact details of the change are immaterial to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Great. Flimsy accusations of racism from a mod. Let me be clear: It's not that a character is being changed into a woman/black person/ etc.
    It's that they are being fundamentally changed, period. The exact details of the change are immaterial to me.
    there not changing any one this is a new hero.

Once before. Over 25 years ago. Practically eternity in comics.

But I give up. No really I do. It's becoming clearer to me that Marvel is placing blatant social activism at the forefront. if this can gain them a new audience, so be it. The less comics of theirs I buy, the more DC I buy. If they don't want me as part of their audience anymore, so be it.
    So if other people became Iron Man as often as other people become Batman...you'd be okay with it then?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    So if other people became Iron Man as often as other people become Batman...you'd be okay with it then?
    No that's something else I dont like. it's a cheap trick to goose up book sales.

He never has before, so why start now? Oh wait I know. Virtue-Signalling by Marvel.

" Hey look at us, we're so sensitive and hip, we have a new iron man. Not that old white guy anymore."
    You know the term "virtue-signalling" is just virtue-signalling to other anti-SJWs and alt-rightists?

I don't care unless it's done for no reason. Like it has been lately.
    What constitutes "a reason" to you?

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    is this more feminazi bullshit? i mean im just curious no issue with a girl playing superhero or w.e but yeah
    He never has before, so why start now? Oh wait I know. Virtue-Signalling by Marvel.

" Hey look at us, we're so sensitive and hip, we have a new iron man. Not that old white guy anymore."
    You know the term "virtue-signalling" is just virtue-signalling to other anti-SJWs and alt-rightists?

I don't care unless it's done for no reason. Like it has been lately.
    What constitutes "a reason" to you?

Get over yourself. It's more like " FFS, if you want new and diverse characters, CREATE THEM. Don't f up something people already like."
    Once before. Over 25 years ago. Practically eternity in comics.

But I give up. No really I do. It's becoming clearer to me that Marvel is placing blatant social activism at the forefront. if this can gain them a new audience, so be it. The less comics of theirs I buy, the more DC I buy. If they don't want me as part of their audience anymore, so be it.
    Once in Iron Man #169 and #170. Then again in West Coast Avengers #1, Iron Man #181, Secret Wars #1-8, and all the way through Iron Man #198. And even though he was using the War Machine armor in Iron Man #284, he donned the mantle of Iron Man while he thought Tony Stark was dead, again, not adopting the War Machine name until Tony Stark came back as Iron Man. He was Iron Man from 1983 until 1985. Jesus.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-07-08 at 02:34 AM.

Then why still read DC? DC makes more fundamental changes to characters than marvel does. I mean, they just replaced the Superman they replaced with the Superman they replaced him with.

No that's something else I dont like. it's a cheap trick to goose up book sales.
    So you've stopped buying Batman comics too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

?
    Is it just me...or is the term "virtue-signalling" especially more buzzwordy recently?

7+ Year Old Account
    Once in Iron Man #169 and #170. Then again in West Coast Avengers #1, Iron Man #181, Secret Wars #1-8, and all the way through Iron Man #198. And even though he was using the War Machine armor in Iron Man #284, he donned the mantle of Iron Man while he thought Tony Stark was dead, again, not adopting the War Machine name until Tony Stark came back as Iron Man
    Once meaning the only person who's done that for Tony, unless I'm missing some obscure other character. But nvm, you super left sjws win. I give up. You can have comics now, and I'll keep my money. Except for those who dont feel the need to show how hip they are by being all super progressive.
    @Dhrizzle : I'm hardly an alt-rightist. Been voting democrat since I could vote, fully support gay rights, progressive taxation, etc. basically I'm a center leftie. And I still think this need to be all PC with comics is ludicrous.

- - - Updated - - -

So you've stopped buying Batman comics too?
    I do whenever they do that.

Once meaning the only person who's done that for Tony, unless I'm missing some obscure other character. But nvm, you super left sjws win. I give up. You can have comics now, and I'll keep my money. Except for those who dont feel the need to show how hip they are by being all super progressive.
    @Dhrizzle : I'm hardly an alt-rightist. Been voting democrat since I could vote, fully support gay rights, progressive taxation, etc. basically I'm a center leftie. And I still think this need to be all PC with comics is ludicrous.
    So you think having more gender and racial diversity in your preferred art form isn't okay, even if it reflects the more diverse society you presumably admire as a "center left" person? Why?

7+ Year Old Account
    So you think having more gender and racial diversity in your preferred art form isn't okay, even if it reflects the more diverse society you presumably admire as a "center left" person? Why?
    I'll say this 1 more time: it's not bad. What's bad is changing an existing character. I'm interested in Tony Stark, the Odinson, Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, and so forth. You can get greater diversity and not f with what people already are buying; by creating totally new characters.

EDIT: Here's an example. Let's say Wolverine had been introduced as a woman back in the character's first appearance in The Incredible Hulk. ZERO problem with that. Changing this hypothetical female wolverine into a man now for w/e reason would piss me off too.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-07-08 at 02:44 AM.

Is it just me...or is the term "virtue-signalling" especially more buzzwordy recently?
    Breitbart and Daily Stormer have been enjoying the phrase recently so peeps have probably picked it up from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll say this 1 more time: it's not bad. What's bad is changing an existing character. I'm interested in Tony Stark, the Odinson, Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, and so forth. You can get greater diversity and not f with what people already are buying; by creating totally new characters.
    they are making tottaly new characters.

it is a new character, and peter, thor, bruce and tony are all still there, still getting character development.

tonys best friend just died and hes in a fucked up place right now. making riri iron man and taking her under his wing is just as much about tony as it is about her.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

But you've just admitted that changing Batmans and Robins over and over again hasn't been problematic for you, things which have been going on for literally decades....

...as it has with numerous other superheroes....

...but it's a problem when they're replaced with a person of color or a woman?

Am I getting that right? You're fine with Eric Masterson as Thor, you've reduced Rhodey to a "one time" appearance in Iron Man because it probably predates your reading of comics, you don't mind Tim Drake or Jason Todd being Robin because it's a "title" that Batman can bestow on anyone, but Iron Man can't bestow the brand of Iron Man on a black teenage girl?

And like I said, there are tons of new superheroes of racial diversity. They're written well too. None of them break into the mainstream. I'm starting to understand why.

Tony Stark isn't going anywhere. He's still going to be in the comics...just in more of a mentor role.

Wrong universe.
    Humor is a new concept for you, I take it.