10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Have a week until my phone data cycle starts anew and Ive already used 90%. Argh... D:

granted, most of that was while I was in San Diego since my hotel had shitty wifi.
    How much Data does the game use? I've been running around for about an hour, and I've only use about 350 KB

So how does this game work if you live in a small neighborhood? Do you have to go far before you find stuff? I live in a pretty small area in Quebec and I don't think that anyone close by would play this game. It's not officially out yet here, but when it is, I'd love to play it but don't want to be penalized for basically living in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    How much Data does the game use? I've been running around for about an hour, and I've only use about 350 KB
    I've used it for like, 2-3 hours yesterday, and 2 hours about today, and only about 25MBs have been used so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    So how does this game work if you live in a small neighborhood? Do you have to go far before you find stuff? I live in a pretty small area in Quebec and I don't think that anyone close by would play this game. It's not officially out yet here, but when it is, I'd love to play it but don't want to be penalized for basically living in the middle of nowhere.
    That's one of my bigger concerns too. I live in Northern Ontario and even then on the outskirts of a tiny town.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    That's one of my bigger concerns too. I live in Northern Ontario and even then on the outskirts of a tiny town.
    I live on the outskirts of a city. Plenty of Pokemon, but only like 1 poke stop and 1 gym (and I think it's the Walmart) in the immediate area. I have to drive 10 min to get to a pokes top rich area.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I live on the outskirts of a city. Plenty of Pokemon, but only like 1 poke stop and 1 gym (and I think it's the Walmart) in the immediate area. I have to drive 10 min to get to a pokes top rich area.
    The bar near me is a gym.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or question it.

Soccer field about a minute walk from me has 2 pokestops and a gym but i haven't been able to get down there without the servers being down or my gps not updating >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The bar near me is a gym.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or question it.
    My nearest gym is a church that has a goldeen.

Insert joke about golden calves.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I think I'll wait awhile for the servers to stabilize before doing any trips to a poke stop. Now if I happen to go to one cause errands, I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere and I have 3 Pokespots and a gym near me. So don't give up hope.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Waiting for my phone to charge up enough to go on a walk with the gf to a very pokespot rich area.
    This game is a fucking battery fiend

going to the beach be like...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I've used it for like, 2-3 hours yesterday, and 2 hours about today, and only about 25MBs have been used so far.
    Eehk

That's a lot more data than I would have liked... I'm sharing a 2 gig data plan :/

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Eehk

That's a lot more data than I would have liked... I'm sharing a 2 gig data plan :/
    I'm sharing like a 3GB one, but I only get 600MB out of it from the way its being split. It's okay with me personally, I don't really use it for anything except a quick google search maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a 6gb plan. And I still blow through it since I use it when I'm out a lot to browse MMOC or when I'm sick of the slowness that's my home wifi

So far I have 4 Pidgey (only damn thing that spawns in my neighborhood) Got a Rhyhorn on the way back from the doctor's office and a Paras, Sandshrew, Meowth in the parking lot of the grocery store, I would have had a diglett as well but some kid took him. Still only level 3 I fucked up my knee and haven't had a chance to go walking anywhere yet.

So I drove out to one of the larger parks nearby and it had a ton of pokestops and a bunch of gyms. Unfortunately server issues prevented me from attacking the gyms, but the park is vupix central so I caught quite a few of those, plus a beedrill, a tangela, and a ponyta. The tracker said there was a pinsir in the area but I couldn't find it.

When I got home I saw a magnemite on the tracker but I couldn't find it after walking around. Nabbed a female nidoran though.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I live in a really small town. We have one tiny fireman memorial that shows up as a poke-stop, the library is another poke-stop, and the post office is a gym (which I currently own, with a Tauros...). That's all we've got. It encourages exploring other neighborhoods, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I would have had a diglett as well but some kid took him.
    I don't think that's how it works. When things pop up around here, my wife and I can both catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizun View Post

I don't think that's how it works. When things pop up around here, my wife and I can both catch them.
    Huh, So I guess they have a spawn only for a certain amount of time? I did have to come back out of the store to get him and he was in range for a few secs and when I clicked on him he just disappeared.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Kaizun Awesome, that gives me some hope. You are a beacon of light.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka