Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So Hillary is a criminal who's not going to be prosecuted for her actions, has lied, flipped to being for gay marriage many years ago, etc. and that makes her unfit for office...

Meanwhile Trump has a long history of being investigated for fraud and other crimes but is never prosecuted for it, lying to investors, using illegal immigrant labor, having his lines of goods being made in China, Has flip flop flip flop flip flopped on nearly everything he's claimed to be about except for his wall, often within an hour of stating something he goes back on it...

And Hillary is the unfit candidate.

Can't people just say they're participating in blind party tribalism instead of trying to rationalize it?
    Even if a lot of what you say about Trump is true, that does not change the fact Hillary clearly violated the law and statues for handling classified information and any such person who does, should not be given a security clearance again, ever. So how can you be a President and not have the highest security clearance?

Trump has not violated mishandling of security information which can harm the US. Big difference in the two wrongs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Comey: Hacker Guccifer never gained access to Clinton server
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...clinton-server

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The report says in 52 EMail CHAINS, 8 of them CONTAINED top-secret information. Nothing is said about whether it was marked as such, or if she herself sent it.

I mean, at least abide by the facts.
    Just wanted to clarify, Comey himself said today that Clinton sent and received emails discussing top secret information. But of course none of these were "marked" as top secret, these were personal emails, it's not like they were forwarded from an actual government agency. They did however have (c) in the bodies of the emails which I guess every government person knows means confidential.

Those are the facts.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2016-07-07 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Just wanted to clarify, Comey himself said today that Clinton sent and received emails discussing top secret information. But of course none of these were "marked" as top secret, these were personal emails, it's not like they were forwarded from an actual government agency. They did however have (c) in the bodies of the emails which I guess every government person knows means confidential.

Those are the facts.
    Or copyright.

But even if it is presumed to be confidential, that's hardly specific as to any restricted security clearance.... only that its obviously not for public distribution, which noone is even slightly claiming she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    You could tell that Guccifer never gained access to the server, simply because he claimed to have downloaded some of the data. He would have flipped as soon as he could to knock time off his sentence if he had anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    *snipped*

Infracted for spam
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-09 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post

You can come up with any metric that you like. I think that the attention that Hillary Clinton has received from FBI is a perfectly fine standard. There's no need to tangle with lesser instances of reports, press allegations, etc.
    No, I won't offer a metric because there isn't one. There's no way to measure one person against another for something as nebulous as corruption, especially when we're counting allegations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone ever bought that.

Those are the facts.
    The Comey hearing today was absolutely amazing. Democrats batted 1000 with masterful logic and appeals to the law, while Republicans were just flummoxed and incredulous.

Couple highlights:

- The discussion of how the total of 3 emails which had ANY confidential markings in their bodies were not properly marked according to the requirements/protocol for handling and distributing sensitive material. In particular they had no heading markers to indicate that they contained classified info. So if Hillary really does know those requirements as well as Republicans would like then technically she DIDN'T lie when she said known of the emails contained classified information. WOOPS, you lose!

- The revelation that Congress does not have any of the same restrictions regarding the handling of classified information through private email servers; the laws only apply to the executive branch. "All those in favor of a pay raise for Congress, say aye!" "AYE!" "The ayes have it!"

- Texas senator Hurd's absolute rage-fit which ended with him saying "Blah blah blah, you mean to tell me THAT'S NOT ILLEGAL!!?!? THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!" Fucking idiot, you're a member of the body which establishes laws, you dumb dick

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    The Comey hearing today was absolutely amazing. Democrats batted 1000 with masterful logic and appeals to the law, while Republicans were just flummoxed and incredulous.

Couple highlights:

- The discussion of how the total of 3 emails which had ANY confidential markings in their bodies were not properly marked according to the requirements/protocol for handling and distributing sensitive material. In particular they had no heading markers to indicate that they contained classified info.

- The revelation that Congress does not have any of the same restrictions regarding the handling of classified information through private email servers; the laws only apply to the executive branch. "All those in favor of a pay raise for Congress, say aye!" "AYE!" "The ayes have it!"

- Texas senator Hurd's absolute rage-fit which ended with him saying "Blah blah blah, you mean to tell me THAT'S NOT ILLEGAL!!?!? THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!" Fucking idiot, you're a member of the body which establishes laws, you dumb dick
    Chaffetz asking Comey "did Clinton do something wrong" like that question has any meaningful legal value and then watch Comey try to contain his exasperation was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Chaffetz asking Comey "did Clinton do something wrong" like that question has any meaningful legal value and then watch Comey try to contain his exasperation was great.
    Totally! At times he looked like a professor explaining complex ideas to children.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2016-07-08 at 03:04 AM.

There's no way to measure one person against another for something as nebulous as corruption, especially when we're counting allegations.
    And yet, I came up with a way. Not a way that you particularly like, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    And yet, I came up with a way. Not a way that you particularly like, but still.
    Yeah, good job. You managed to craft a way of measuring corruption that reinforced your opinion. Gold star.

Yeah, good job. You managed to craft a way of measuring corruption that reinforced your opinion. Gold star.
    Sorry, I started with FBI investigations and not parking tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post

Couple highlights:

- The discussion of how the total of 3 emails which had ANY confidential markings in their bodies were not properly marked according to the requirements/protocol for handling and distributing sensitive material. In particular they had no heading markers to indicate that they contained classified info. So if Hillary really does know those requirements as well as Republicans would like then technically she DIDN'T lie when she said known of the emails contained classified information. WOOPS, you lose!

I think the best point I heard today was this:

1. Did Clinton have classified emails. Yes
    2. Did Clinton's lawyers have security clearance to read thone emails? No
    3. Did Clinton intentionally give her sensitive emails to her lawyers who did not have clearance to read them? I don't understand the question
    4. is it illegal to give top secret information to someone who does not have clearance? Yes.
    5. Did Clinton provide top secret emails to her lawyers who do not have clearance? I can't say for sure.
    6. Did the lawyers filter out and provide all of the emails including those marked top secret. Yes.
    7. So Clinton gave her emails, which contained top secret information to her unauthorized lawyers,which is illegal, correct? Well I don't know if they read them or not.
    8. But it is illegal to give classified information to those without clearance to read them? Yes
    9. So how has she not broken a law? She just wanted lawyers to help provide the emails professionally.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-07-08 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post

SO AWSOME!!! She lied multiple times under oath, that is a crime. But she's a Clinton.. nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by WiggleTillFriday View Post
    SO AWSOME!!! She lied multiple times under oath, that is a crime. But she's a Clinton.. nuff said.
    When did she do that? She wasn't under oath when the FBI interviewed her.

She was sworn in before the Select Committee.

It's still a crime to lie to the FBI, even not under oath. Comi confirmed that today in this hearing. This is why the members of this board want transcripts.to see if they can catch her in a lie.

The interesting thing to me is if this FBI investigation will prove she lied to the benghazi committee or any other committee in which she has earlier testified. Such as the fact that the FBI found deleted work emails which she said she provided all of them. Maybe they will get her on purgery somewhere along the lines of her many lies.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2016-07-08 at 03:22 AM.

Those are the facts.
    And Cummings stated that the committee had already been briefed that those 3 marked (c) were incorrectly classified and contained no classified information. Despite this, Chaffetz decided to ignore that fact and hit Clinton on it, because why let the truth stand in the way of a partisan witch hunt.

Deleted