Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're missing a few hashtags (may I suggest #NPClivesmatter?), your post doesn't mention anything about "filthy white CISmales" and there doesn't seem to be anything here about the wage gap, gender equality or fatshaming.

But overall, I think this is a great Tumblr entry and I'm glad you've spent the time to share your thoughts with us.
    Watch out, Endus and Fencers inc, the resident SJW mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mostly we are killing soldiers and not civilians, I can only think of a few occasions where we "walk into a town and start slaughtering" and usually they try to justify that in some way too (the whole population is infected with madness, for instance).
    I likes a good culling I's do!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    most of the people we kill are out to kill everyone else. twilight's cultist, cult of the damned, bandits, iron horde, the legion, etc. etc.

there's very few instances of us fighting anyone that could be construed as good. only when we have to kill horde/alliance does the waters get murky, because they're only the bad guys because of stupid, pointless faction tensions.
    This is pretty much the best argument in favor of us going around murdering sentient beings for gold. While it is true that the vast majority of stuff we kill is "evil" or misaligned or other things of that nature. My major point of contention is that it should take some thought or consideration when quest givers simply tell you to murder for gold. It should be a last resort, not the first thing you do when some draenei are doing some shit you disagree with. I know the entire game is based on killing, and I'm not saying it should be less violent. But realistically speaking I don't think any army commander or actual nation or government would send out agents that just kill and kill and kill without negotiation or some level of discretion.

Mass murder is heroic. Especially if they look different from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good idea, lets talk things out with enemy NPC's instead of killing them. And then we can go back to our garrisons and sort out the bills and accounting. There's probably quite a lot of tax on having a shipyard and I'm sure leasing a plot of land that big would cost a lot. And after we sort that out we should probably call up our insurance companies and get comprehensive insurance on our mounts and garrison because you never know. And then we can go to our boring office jobs in Stormwind and stand by the watercooler and talk about sports with Steve from sales.

World of Tumblrcraft we'll call it.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyk88 View Post
    It's kinda messed up to consider that we ruthlessly murder hundreds of NPCs for simply doing their jobs or being on the wrong side of an event. Some even try to run away and we kill them with their backs turned as well.

Food for thought
    It's a video game. About War.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    It's a video game. About War.
    Yes, I realize this. I feel like a lot of people in this thread aren't able to distinguish what we, humans on earth playing a video game are aware of. And what our characters in the video game are supposed to know and understand within their own universe. If I made a thread saying "I think it's bullshit how spiderman shoots web from his hands, because technically there's nothing there to propel the web" and you respond with "it's a comic book, it's not real" then you're completely missing the pretense of the post. This is from the perspective within blizzard's world where numerous loosely affiliated "heroes" run around murdering "people" who have lives and families and people who care about them, because they disagree with our beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    But how will I get the Moral+++ ending where Jaina makes out with Thrall's best friend after being convinced he's nothing more than a bunch of Gnomes spray painted green in a tuxedo?
    Lol now that would be a good story.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I realize this. I feel like a lot of people in this thread aren't able to distinguish what we, humans on earth playing a video game are aware of. And what our characters in the video game are supposed to know and understand within their own universe. If I made a thread saying "I think it's bullshit how spiderman shoots web from his hands, because technically there's nothing there to propel the web" and you respond with "it's a comic book, it's not real" then you're completely missing the pretense of the post. This is from the perspective within blizzard's world where numerous loosely affiliated "heroes" run around murdering "people" who have lives and families and people who care about them, because they disagree with our beliefs.
    I cant help but think youre taking this from Sword Art Online. Dont know why, but it really seems that way to me. Just keep in mind, Npcs respawn in WoW and its non canon that we kill them. We just kill the big bads. We dont get to choose the way we talk to Npcs in WoW which is totally fine, thats not what WoW is about, so its not like we can choose whether we want to kill them or not.

No one in this thread say anything wrong,however i undestand what you're saying.However this kinda of thread shouldn't be discussed so openly,is open for trolling.

Maybe with people that discuss about lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I cant help but think youre taking this from Sword Art Online. Dont know why, but it really seems that way to me. Just keep in mind, Npcs respawn in WoW and its non canon that we kill them. We just kill the big bads. We dont get to choose the way we talk to Npcs in WoW which is totally fine, thats not what WoW is about, so its not like we can choose whether we want to kill them or not.
    Keep in mind that this kind of discussion isnt something because of a anime,there are many threads about games where players discuss if the actions of the characters are Right or Wrong.Or if something we did is part of a much large picture,and the list goes on

Deleted
    I mean that has been the nature of warfare for as long as it's existed

Food for thought?

Your musings are about as deep as a bottletop.

It's kinda messed up to consider that we ruthlessly murder hundreds of NPCs for simply doing their jobs or being on the wrong side of an event. Some even try to run away and we kill them with their backs turned as well.

Food for thought
    Welcome to the majority of human history..

I've massacred civilians and laughed while I did it. Hey I play a DK, anyone who plays a DK has massacred civilians because you can't get out of the starting area without doing it.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    I've massacred civilians and laughed while I did it. Hey I play a DK, anyone who plays a DK has massacred civilians because you can't get out of the starting area without doing it.
    I've tried making a DK alt four different times over the years. I never make it out of the starting area. I just don't want to kill that poor guy

I'm terribly offended by the implication that I have murdered NPCs without provocation!

Do you know how many times those terrible harpies murdered me in The Barrens? I made it my top priority to wipe out their entire settlement.

Also, don't get me started on the ignorant militant jerks from The Scarlet Crusade or the Twlight's Hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I feel like we have murdered people without just cause (ergo they aren't trying to murder us or take over the world and subjugate all known life) is the DK opening story, but that makes sense because technically you were under the Lich King's control.

Next time I'll see dreadlord, I'll bring a cup of tea, a couple of chairs and a table so we really discuss our issues and hopefully work things out.