Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wardrobe and Xmog - any items you are keeping?

So with the new system coming Soon, and I was just cleaning out stuff on the PTR, I realized I do have some pretty awesome items that I may wish to keep. Such as:

Gorehowl
    Ashkandi Geatsword of the Brotherhood
    Hammer of the Naaru
    Quel'Serrar
    T2 Judgement Set
    T6 Lightbringer
    T10.5 Lightsworn Set - the set i was wearing when I first killed Lich King
    Argent Dawn Tabard

I think thats it
    You?
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2016-07-08 at 03:33 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So with the new system coming Soon, and I was just cleaning out stuff on the PTR, I realized I do have some pretty awesome items that I may wish to keep. Such as:

Gorehowl
    Ashkandi Geatsword of the Brotherhood
    Hammer of the Naaru
    Quel'Serrar
    T2 Judgement Set
    T6 Lightbringer
    T10.5 Lightsworn Set - the set i was wearing when I first killed Lich King
    Argent Dawn Tabard

I think that it
    You?
    Lowkey there's no point in keeping items used for appearance anymore now with the wardrobe function.

Actually there is. Some people may want to hold onto things that took great effort to earn, or are just important to them....on the low-low.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

there is also the off chance the wardrobe gets bugged and you lose lose the ability to transmog a certain item, things like courrupted ashbringer you shouldnt ever throw away no matter how low the chance is

10+ Year Old Account
    The items that mean a lot to me are on a character I retired, so I won't be getting rid of him. His bank/he himself are sort of a snapshot to a previous era in my playtime.

He has some of the older tier sets, his Herald of the Titans gear, some memorable weapons, his old transmog (which isn't particularly good looking any more now i look back at it).

On my current era characters I doubt there's much of anything I will keep, it doesn't hold the same memories and nostalgia too it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Lowkey there's no point in keeping items used for appearance anymore now with the wardrobe function.
    Timewalking Dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Timewalking Dungeons.
    Good point, assuming there aren't too many drastic changes I'll be keeping that lot too. I only have one set bonus that will be broken and I use the helm for the legendary meta anyway.

Timewalking Dungeons.
    This.

At most, I'll hold onto a Tier set from each expansion.... but maybe not. Old set bonuses are hardly needed for TW. Aside from that however, I'll hold onto Legendaries and vendor the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    This.

At most, I'll hold onto a Tier set from each expansion.... but maybe not. Old set bonuses are hardly needed for TW. Aside from that however, I'll hold onto Legendaries and vendor the rest.
    Old bonuses are being deactivated.

I'll be holding on to whatever's special to me + everything that's become unobtainable over the years, original Zul'Aman loot etc

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    there is also the off chance the wardrobe gets bugged and you lose lose the ability to transmog a certain item, things like courrupted ashbringer you shouldnt ever throw away no matter how low the chance is
    gets bugged e.o? that shouldent happen... but yes items like corrupted ashbringer, and legendaries you should hold onto (and if you like limited time things like the nax gear and such, that can all go in void storage)

- - - Updated - - -

This.

old set bonuses are disabled, so only really good items and peices of gear like legendaries will be good for TW
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Old bonuses are being deactivated.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    old set bonuses are disabled, so only really good items and peices of gear like legendaries will be good for TW
    Missed that change. Even more reason to Vendor it all then.

I will keep my Light of Elune, along with any other items that are no longer available.

Missed that change. Even more reason to Vendor it all then.
    I think that only applies to pre-WoD set bonuses. So I'll be keeping my current 4-set for Timewalking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would Legendaries even be good for timewalking? Maybe gear, but I can't imagine that Legendary weapons would be more beneficial than Artifacts.

Well, unless Artifact traits are disabled.

Deleted
    basically all tier sets, and end expansion gear sets

Timewalking Dungeons.
    Never had any issue plowing through TW in my current gear.

And no. I don't keep things currently outside of my two transmog sets. I don't plan on starting now.

10+ Year Old Account
    For sentimental reasons, sure there is. I won't be deleting my Rhok, no matter what.

I haven't tested it on my beta toon yet; but there are also some on-use items (i.e. amongst tabards) that I'm unclear about. Unsure if transmogging a tabard from the appearance UI actually gives you the on-use effects, or if you actually need the tabard physically equipped.

Anyway, it's entirely reasonable to be super careful what you delete, amongst the more rare and definitely the unobtainable items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    For sentimental reasons, sure there is. I won't be deleting my Rhok, no matter what.

I haven't tested it on my beta toon yet; but there are also some on-use items (i.e. amongst tabards) that I'm unclear about. Unsure if transmogging a tabard from the appearance UI actually gives you the on-use effects, or if you actually need the tabard physically equipped.

Anyway, it's entirely reasonable to be super careful what you delete, amongst the more rare and definitely the unobtainable items.
    Items that give text buffs like the brawler's shirts and precious' ribbon must be physically equipped if you want that buff. Likely, the same is true for tabards and other items that have effects such as teleports, speedboosts, etc.

Firstly, items with a use-effect will not function in the same way in the wardrobe.
    Same with those which have a passive equip effect, such as buffs.

And for some they may have sentimental reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

My warrior has 3 bag slots empty as of today. I have been collecting since the game began. I sadly have deleted some stuff over time because i had no choice. I cannot wait for this to go live.