Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Men Crying, Sign of Weakness?

So everyone knows the stereotype that men are not supposed to cry, but there are certain occasions where it its acceptable. Such as an immediate family member that has died/ family pet. However, I am have choked back a tear on some super sad movies. Mind you, it would not be a full blown cry, but maybe a tear. But for an actual cry was when my grandfather passed away 4 years ago (doesn't count), was like 15 years ago as a child. How often do you men cry, and what was the reason behind it. As a side note, women do you find an emotional guy attractive?

If you feel like crying go ahead and cry, it's bad to hold it in because of some societal pressure.

there's nothing wrong with men crying, I cry from sad shit all the time, am I supposed to feel emasculated for having emotions?

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously you're a weak cunt to cry but there are a couple acceptable moments like when King Leonidas dies in 300
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where I live, yes its considered a sign of weakness unless its for very tragic situations that happen to relatives and even then its expected from the men to stand composure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're crying over something you're passionate about, go ahead. No shame.

If you're crying over something childish or something you really didn't care about anyways, grow up and walk it off.

Those rules know no gender.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

It's a bit sexist to say that men shouldn't cry because they're men. Crying is a method your body uses to relieve extreme stress. It most certainly is not a sign of weakness.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

If you change what you feel based on what others think, you are a sheep.

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't cried since I was in the single digits of age. I'm in my late thirties now. I can't even remember the last time I was sad about anything.

Angry, amused, bored, and so on? Sure. But come to think of it, I haven't felt sadness in years. Maybe you actually have to give a sht about something to be sad. But mostly if someone fks with something of mine, i get angry. I just can't remember being sad for years. 20 or more maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    there's nothing wrong with men crying, I cry from sad shit all the time, am I supposed to feel emasculated for having emotions?
    All the time? I mean there is a limit bro...

Like if your dog dies, ok, I'd probably cry too.

But I mean... come on

If you need to cry, let it out. Scream into a pillow. Don't let society scrutinize you for being a human being with emotions. Doesn't matter if you're male or female.

The sign of weakness is to supress your emotions because "they" told you to.

It's an extremely sexist societal thing. Women and children are considered weak so they cry, and you, the MAN (!) have to stand still hard as a rock and not cry because you're a man !

Also you can't say nice things to your wife or kids, you have to be extremely severe and cold.

Homophobia is so gay.

I dunno, if a dude cries because he dropped his cookie or saw a squirrel fall out of a tree and die I'd probably think its a bit odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think sign of weakness is not crying when you feel like it because of the fear of judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tend to tear up most during touching parts in movies, not like bawl my eyes out, just shed a few tears and move along. I'm not entirely sure I cried when my last dog or cat died, I was upset, but I don't remember shedding tears. The close deaths things don't get to me like they should, likely because I had two younger sisters die before either one of them was 2, and I was maybe 8 or 9 when the second died.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I dunno, if a dude cries because he dropped his cookie or saw a squirrel fall out of a tree and die I'd probably think its a bit odd.
    That shit can be an emotional trigger. You don't know what's going on in his life, how shitty his day/week/month/year has been.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    That shit can be an emotional trigger. You don't know what's going on in his life, how shitty his day/week/month/year has been.
    I mean I am not going to dispute that, but it probably won't change what I posted. LOL

All the time? I mean there is a limit bro...

Like if your dog dies, ok, I'd probably cry too.

But I mean... come on
    come on bro what? if I find something sad enough to cry, I'll cry. I'm not talking about something breaking, or losing something, I'm talking about watching a character in a show I love die, stuff like that

come on bro what? if I find something sad enough to cry, I'll cry. I'm not talking about something breaking, or losing something, I'm talking about watching a character in a show I love die, stuff like that
    Don't watch Game of Thrones then.

Don't watch Game of Thrones then.
    what do you think I was referencing, lol.

what do you think I was referencing, lol.
    I might be willing to shed a tear for Hodor. The rest, meh.