Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Geforce 1080's can be had for around $619. Hardly a massive jump over the MSRP of $599. That is less then a 4% difference. We should be able to get Geforce 1060's at the $259->$269 price point.
    The problem is the FE cards tend to push for higher prices. You can find 1080's for $619, but out of stock. NewEgg has 1080's for nearly $900 in stock. AMD doesn't have that problem, unless you think of the 8GB RX 480 as the FE edition?
    The 1060 also has the smaller GP106 chip, no flashing that to a 1080.
    I'd like to see a picture of a 1060 without the cooler. That should explain if the GP106 is really a new chip. Rumors today are all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The problem is the FE cards tend to push for higher prices. You can find 1080's for $619, but out of stock. NewEgg has 1080's for nearly $900 in stock. AMD doesn't have that problem, unless you think of the 8GB RX 480 as the FE edition?

I'd like to see a picture of a 1060 without the cooler. That should explain if the GP106 is really a new chip. Rumors today are all over the place.
    All of the Geforce 1080's I saw on Newegg are out of stock, anyways the Geforce 1060 is pictured here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5AGq8Ir8g

I honestly expect the GTX 1060 to be close to stuff like $300-320. Why? Because fuck you, I guess, because all the other cards are so grossly overpriced if you can't get it from newegg.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the Geforce 1080's I saw on Newegg are out of stock, anyways the Geforce 1060 is pictured here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV5AGq8Ir8g
    Oh yea, it's definitely not based on the GP104. In fact, it looks like the RX 480. Also noticed that two memory spots for an extra 2GB is missing, which is really annoying that this card is $250 and doesn't have 8GB. Especially when AMD is disabling 4GB for $200 cards. Also the Founders Edition is starting to trigger me. I really really don't like hearing reviewers mention FE's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going by chip size it's not GP104 it seems. They might have decent stock?

Geforce 1080's can be had for around $619. Hardly a massive jump over the MSRP of $599. That is less then a 4% difference. We should be able to get Geforce 1060's at the $259->$269 price point.

The 1060 also has the smaller GP106 chip, no flashing that to a 1080.
    Why do people insist on saying you can get something at " such and such low price " when the the product isn't actually in stock ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Why do people insist on saying you can get something at " such and such low price " when the the product isn't actually in stock ?
    Because it makes logical sense? It's not in stock yet but by looking at the MSRP and extrapolating from past trends it's pretty easy to work out what the going rate should be, assuming stock isn't a issue.

It's not exactly rocket science.

Because it makes logical sense? It's not in stock yet but by looking at the MSRP and extrapolating from past trends it's pretty easy to work out what the going rate should be, assuming stock isn't a issue.

It's not exactly rocket science.
    Well stock is currently an issue, so making a statement that someone " can " get a GTX 1080 for $619 is objectively false as none are in stock at that price point and haven't been for nearly a month. I do agree however that it is likely to be the case in the near future, but that is just speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Well stock is currently an issue, so making a statement that someone " can " get a GTX 1080 for $619 is objectively false as none are in stock at that price point and haven't been for nearly a month. I do agree however that it is likely to be the case in the near future, but that is just speculation.
    I got it for that price, several others got it as well. They get stock all the time, it's just immediately given to all the massive back orders they have. The Geforce 1060 is also a way smaller chip so they should be able to have way more, then again demand for the Geforce 1060 would likely be higher then 1070/1080. So who knows how many cards would be around.

I got it for that price, several others got it as well. They get stock all the time, it's just immediately given to all the massive back orders they have. The Geforce 1060 is also a way smaller chip so they should be able to have way more, then again demand for the Geforce 1060 would likely be higher then 1070/1080. So who knows how many cards would be around.
    If they are all going to back-orders then you can't "simply buy one". By the time you can simply buy one, the 1080ti will be released (and on back-order).

10+ Year Old Account
    A trend I'm noticing is that both AMD and Nvidia have fake prices for their graphic cards. For example, the RX 480 is $200 for the 4GB, and $240 for the 8GB. I bet that the 4GB models will be extremely hard to find, cause of limited supply. Plus, the 4GB cards are actually 8GB. And Nvidia has the Founders Edition crap, which just magically adds $50 more to the card, which influences retailers to sell them at FE prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Plus, the 4GB cards are actually 8GB..
    The are not. That was appearently a limited first batch which was send out to AMD exclusive partners (Sapphire, XFX, Powercolor/Club3D). We have to wait and see if the later ones will have the possibility as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If they are all going to back-orders then you can't "simply buy one". By the time you can simply buy one, the 1080ti will be released (and on back-order).
    Just looking at the UK both overclockers and scan have them in stock for around 600 pounds. Here in RSA several retailers have in stock as well. Even online retailers in Australia have them in stock.

It appears only the USA is having bad stock issues, or more accurately you can get the cards if you are willing to fork out way above the MSRP.

Just looking at the UK both overclockers and scan have them in stock for around 600 pounds. Here in RSA several retailers have in stock as well. Even online retailers in Australia have them in stock.

It appears only the USA is having bad stock issues, or more accurately you can get the cards if you are willing to fork out way above the MSRP.
    From what one of my go to shops told me GTX 1080's are pretty hard to come by in the whole of Europe, ofc this was 2 weeks ago, but I'm still waiting on my MSI gaming x since then. at this time there seem to be some cards popping up here and there but the most wanted ones are still MIA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    From what one of my go to shops told me GTX 1080's are pretty hard to come by in the whole of Europe, ofc this was 2 weeks ago, but I'm still waiting on my MSI gaming x since then. at this time there seem to be some cards popping up here and there but the most wanted ones are still MIA.
    It really depends on the brand as well I think, but overclockers appears to have several dozen in stock for various models while others have zero stock.

Deleted
    Just did a firestrike test, using the free basic version so a screenshot will have to do,

I am using 16.7.1 driver but also have undervolted the card, think the max volts is 950 mV I put on it on state 7, I pumped the memory to 2025 from 1750 as its the 4GB model and no Oc on the GPU, just the default boost clock to 1266.

So...you're saying RoTR is still a broken mess in DX 12, Awesome! /thumbs up

Apparently RX 490 is still coming this year and soon if rumors are to be true. Also there is another Capsaicin event on the 25th, which would support that there is something else coming soon.

But that brings the question of what the hell is the RX 490.. Because we know RX 480 is the full Polaris 10 and AMD will only launch Polaris 10/11 this year according to Raja. People are guessing it's a dual Polaris 10 graphics card, but even that is iffy because Lisa Sue said RX 460/470/480 made their full Polaris line up. So as we like speculation, let it begin. ;D