Page 31 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No no, I mean vocalizing it to them. Sorry for the confusion. Vent all you want here! lol. I have just had friends whose families constantly told them how they worry and built so much concern around them that they lost interest in genuinely helping people and became more scared all the time.
    Nope. I'd never burden my brothers with that. Just tell 'em I love them as much as possible.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooshtheman View Post
    maybe this is true for a selective population of their own trusted radical citizens...but for the rest of europe whos guns where taken away from them by the town load...
    What rest of Europe?
    The Nazis controlled Germany, and annexed Austria amid Austrian consent.
    All other people down the road were subjects to military invasions of other countries.
    They did - that much needs to be said - disarm any Jews. Because Jews weren't only disarmed. They were essentially robbed of their basic human rights.
    They were second class humans. And them being armed would not have made a difference.
    They would have been shot dead on the spot then.
    Because the Nazis too - remember I pointed that out earlier - secured the total allegiance of the military.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

They confirmed that they have open negotiations with a suspect who is continuing to exchange gunfire.

Suspect is telling officers that there are bombs all over. Might be a scare tactic, but I hope it is not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    are you aware that the nazi regime took over all of europe and confiscated the firearms of all the citizens who lived in those countries they invaded? look at france for one example....is this really something we are argueing over? you cannot say that the policy was to relax gun control when that only applied to german purebloods who were urged to fight to defend their homeland????
    Do we let Iraqies own guns? Yeah, they were occupied... They were blocked from insurgence, just like we do... Wtf?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't get the logic of life in prison not scaring somebody... but death scaring someone.
    Probably because there isn't actually any logic behind it, as it's been demonstrated that the death penalty doesn't reduce crime violent crime XD
    Dead criminals never commit another crime, thats always a win. Life in prison would be an actual punishment if jail was returned to 1780s level of confinement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently a female is in custody. Can the plot thicken anymore?

Guy exchanging shots with police saying "the end is coming for more of you", "bombs all over the garage and downtown", and other things of that nature to the negotiator according to Police Chief

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    So..........what your saying is Germans took the guns of people from nations they were occupying therefor they had strict gun control? The two are not the same and you SHOULD know that. They did relax gun laws on their own people save for jews that is their gun laws. Dealing with occupied nations and their people fall under occupation policy not gun control laws for their own nation......
    most of their own citizens where dragged from their homes and gassed or worked to death; the ones who werent obvisouly where permitted to own them: they were the good ones in the eyes of the government lol i take up this arguement because when they invaded other nations they took them over as their own, and forced the native populous to recognize the Nazi party as their own government. therefore i see the treatment extended to them by the germans as their general policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What rest of Europe?
    The Nazis controlled Germany, and annexed Austria amid Austrian consent.
    All other people down the road were subjects to military invasions of other countries.
    They did - that much needs to be said - disarm any Jews. Because Jews weren't only disarmed. They were essentially robbed of their basic human rights.
    They were second class humans. And them being armed would not have made a difference.
    They would have been shot dead on the spot then.
    Because the Nazis too - remember I pointed that out earlier - secured the total allegiance of the military.
    This i mean i know people have some romantic thought that they can fight a first world nations government with their peashooters if the government has the backing of the military. What are you gonna do when a MBT is sitting in your drive way? take a shotgun to it? God forbid they use air power....

10+ Year Old Account
    the only people who were aloud guns by the german government were called upon to defend the homeland as a militia .... no place that was invaded was aloud to keep its arms
    No, sorry amigo, even children:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Youth
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Do we let Iraqies own guns? Yeah, they were occupied... They were blocked from insurgence, just like we do... Wtf?
    that is entirely a whole different arguement good sir for another time, unless you deem this time good enough to begin

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I know talk of Nazi germany is interesting and all, but thats not the point of the thread. Dont derail the thread

What a nice guy.
    Sounds like he's off his nut, but you can't exactly not take him seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Guy exchanging shots with police saying "the end is coming for more of you", "bombs all over the garage and downtown", and other things of that nature to the negotiator according to Police Chief
    So they have a screw loose too

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, sorry amigo, even children:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler_Youth
    ive been taught to never use wiki as a source in anything academic, and as we are discussing historical fact i will apply that to this arguement

I don't get the logic of life in prison not scaring somebody... but death scaring someone.
    Probably because there isn't actually any logic behind it, as it's been demonstrated that the death penalty doesn't reduce crime violent crime XD

Way to say fuck my opinion.

How about death being an Inate fear that transcends all species? Nah. Can't be that. Just tell Tempguy his personal feelings are illogical. Then insert something about it not working on others ,cause clearly he said that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    most of their own citizens where dragged from their homes and gassed or worked to death; the ones who werent obvisouly where permitted to own them: they were the good ones in the eyes of the government lol i take up this arguement because when they invaded other nations they took them over as their own, and forced the native populous to recognize the Nazi party as their own government. therefore i see the treatment extended to them by the germans as their general policies.
    So bullshit... Amazing amount if bullshit...

if the citizens where armed appropriately and a majority of the military sided with the citizens over a tyrannical government we would prevail like we as citizens have always done...in my humble opinion
    If the military sides with the citizens then you don't have anything to overthrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    So they have a screw loose too
    I thought that was implied when they started shooting from on high