Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should the "Warrior" class be renamed?

Based on the recent Order Hall QnA, it would seem that Warriors are now set to be themed on the Vrykul and that this is something that's here to stay for the long term.

With this in mind, we're no longer themed on the subject of "warrior" but rather "Vrykul". Should the Warrior class be renamed in the face of this change? SHould Valajar not only be our title but the classes name as well? Perhaps Titanborn?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    nop , the specs are the ones that need renaming

Should also change our race to Vrykul. No room for anything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    thats like trying to change the word "thief" into "black person" your stereotyping to the extreme, and it would be extremely racist to name a class of people, after a race of people....... vrykul is a race... not a class.... so no we should not change the name of any race from a dwarf to a orc to a human to a blood elf, from the name warrior... to the name of a race....

lets call warlocks eredar, mages night elves, hunters night elves, druids night elves, rogues undead, etc!

also no because its just a title, and titans arnt all warrior so titan-borne could mean a druid, or a priest or anything... as titans are very different from each-other, its a title, not a race, they are very much still warriors, but they are going much more into honor and dignity and pride, instead of blood thirsty murder balls (cough) Rag-Tag (cough) making them much more like the valajarh
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-07-08 at 03:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thats like trying to change the word "thief" into "black person" your stereotyping to the extreme, and it would be extremely racist to name a class of people, after a race of people....... vrykul is a race... not a class.... so no we should not change the name of any race from a dwarf to a orc to a human to a blood elf, from the name warrior... to the name of a race....
    Seriously? xD

thats like trying to change the word "thief" into "black person"
    good one

lets call warlocks eredar, mages night elves, hunters night elves, druids night elves, rogues undead, etc!

also no because its just a title, and titans arnt all warrior so titan-borne could mean a druid, or a priest or anything... as titans are very different from each-other, its a title, not a race, they are very much still warriors, but they are going much more into honor and dignity and pride, instead of blood thirsty murder balls (cough) Rag-Tag (cough) making them much more like the valajarh
    Can you hear that "Woosh"-sound? That's the point passing you by...

The issue is that Vrykul stuff is all warriors get, there was no vrykul connection before (Except some vrykul are warriors), and now this pseudo-viking nonsense is the entire class theme, no warriors from other races (And there were lots of potential characters to use), nope, all vrykul all the bloody time!

Oi look mates, another warrior cry thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post

The issue is that Vrykul stuff is all warriors get, there was no vrykul connection before (Except some vrykul are warriors), and now this pseudo-viking nonsense is the entire class theme, no warriors from other races (And there were lots of potential characters to use), nope, all vrykul all the bloody time!
    maybe because vyrkul where the birth of warriors? you do know they were made to be a soldiers of the titans, the spearhead of their forces, so to have them pass on some of their knowledge and strength to our warriors is a honor, also how is all warrior stuff based on them? like i see a few spells/abilities being focused on them... but since when did charge become "vyrkul charge" and shield bash become "vrykul bash" its the same it always had been, but with a little training with the people made by the gods to be the perfect warriors....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    Seriously? xD
    (the joke is it was suppose to be over the top, like the OP making warriors out to just be vrykul wannabes)

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Oi look mates, another warrior cry thread.
    Hey, at least it's thinly veiled this time!

7+ Year Old Account
    cause this is really... really stupid, as i said before lets change warlocks names to "demon" because thats all thats in their class hall right? and lets call preists "shadowy lights" and hunters "weird people who can only make friends with animals" and druids "tree huggers" and last but not least paladins "anime"

I'd say "true warriors" don't care about the gender, race, they only care about skill in combat. If they found a sacred place devoted to the art of fighting and wih some legendary fighters they would be honored to have a chance to be there. They wouldn't all be BLM "but why isn't there more diversity !§!§".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post

In WotLK Vrykul actually strived to prove themselves as warrior so LK would favor them and so on. So they were sort of always warrior like and it was a big part of their culture.

It doesn;t really bother me what they are doing with vrykul. Maybe because I always liked Vrykul in WotLK.

lol oh boy

Just change the spec names.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    lol oh boy
    (the joke is it was suppose to be over the top, like the OP making warriors out to just be vrykul wannabes)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    Just change the spec names.
    i do agree with this... as i never got why "arms" was the one that dident have titans grip... i thought "oh arms like big strong arms must have to do with titans grip cause thats arms, and to carry 2,2 handers you would need big arms!" nop

personally I love norse mythology, so I dont mind too much.
    its kinda obvious how they had to settle for one theme that would encompass most players' fantasy while not infringing too hard on death knight and paladin territory, so yeah, they really never had a chance of winning.

(also I know its asked too much, but can we let this topic die already?)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh goodness.

For anyone who hasn't read Warcraft: Chronicle, the Vrykul have been retconned into something a tad bit more important than just some race of viking-like giants.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    For anyone who hasn't read Warcraft: Chronicle, the Vrykul have been retconned into something a tad bit more important than just some race of viking-like giants.
    I read the Chronicle book, and know the whole vrykul story, but still feel that having the whole warrior setup for Legion revolve around an NPC race is a bit weak, every other class hall has the people of their class pull together regardless of race and faction affiliation, among them a lot of well-known and established characters, and all warriors get is a bunch of snarky vrykul that were made up for the occasion and not even a mention of the well-known warriors of Warcraft lore...