Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We are currently experiencing a normal volume of police shootings and criminal activity, but thank you for your concern.
    Turns out when you have over 324 million people, some of them are bad apples who wish to do harm to others

10+ Year Old Account
    We are currently experiencing a normal volume of police shootings and criminal activity, but thank you for your concern.
    Thats 'normal' yeesh, what a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Actually, the message was serious, the post was in good fun.

spelt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spelt
    Spelt is an acceptable alternative to spelled outside of America. I'm not here to educate you. The irony of an American correcting my spelling. We invented the language you guys stole it!!!! We get to decide what's the correct spelling/usage and what's not. Your arrogance knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    Turns out when you have over 324 million people, some of them are bad apples who wish to do harm to others
    Also, every bad thing that happens here is international news because people eat it up. Violent crime, on the whole, is at a 50 year low in the United States. We just report on it constantly and emphasize the bad areas that raise the average.

Also turns out that if those 324 million people are from the US, the bad apple percentage is multiple times higher than in other civilized countries.

OT: What the fuck is wrong with this shitty site, it's fucking slow this morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Spelt is an acceptable alternative to spelled outside of America. I'm not here to educate you. The irony of an American correcting my spelling. We invented the language you guys stole it!!!! We get to decide what's the correct spelling/usage and what's not. Your arrogance knows no bounds.
    First of all, I am not an American.
    Secondly, I've said I posted in good fun..Never said I didn't know what varieties of the word exist.
    Man, go and stick a needle in your ass, to loosen the stiffness.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

About 40-50 (unarmed black men) being killed through the span of a year is clearly cause for vague and retributive action.

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. We have a ton of people and while we have more crime than we should, it's not like America is some post-apocalyptic wasteland where leaving your house puts you in constant danger of being mugged and set on fire.

- - - Updated - - -

That's really irrelevant to the point.
    We actually have a fairly acceptable level of crime overall compared to other developed countries. What our problem is, is that our crimes are far, far more violent, and often involve firearms and death.

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be. We have a ton of people and while we have more crime than we should, it's not like America is some post-apocalyptic wasteland where leaving your house puts you in constant danger of being mugged and set on fire.
    Although we've disagreed on some things, at least I can agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I don't know about you, but where i come from we kind of consider innocent people being executed by the law enforcement and law enforcement being gunned down in mass shooting as out of control.
    Americans call it "Thursday"

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Seems like shit's spiralling out of control in america huh

NSFW
    They dindu nuffin, they were good boys!

Infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-08 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    This is fine. Everything is fine.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

are you sure? You're ahead of south africa and the philipines. (also do take note of the suicide rates both relative and in absolute numbers)

oh and look at european countries, you'll have to scroll down for a bit though.

It's a bit abnormal for Texas though. Usually folks here are fairly laid back.

On normal days, the most I ever have to worry about is the jackass teenager in his Ford Mustang wanting to race my minivan or someone flipping their shit because I cut them off in traffic. :/ It's my road goddamnit, don't like it? Go drive somewhere else!

Deleted
    America has like what? 320 million people?

In the UK (population 64 million) we have a high rate of violent crimes, and we had ONE police officer death in 2015. None in 2016. None in 2014. One in 2013. 3 in 2012. You get the picture.

Don't tell me that you have a normal number of police officer deaths because, no, you really don't. When violent crimes happen in America, people die.

Having a normal* crime rate is pretty irrelevant if every time you have a violent crime somebody dies.

*normal being hard to quantify as both our countries have differing definitions of what constitutes a violent crime

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ted_death_rate

are you sure? You're ahead of south africa and the philipines. (also do take note of the suicide rates both relative and in absolute numbers)

oh and look at european countries, you'll have to scroll down for a bit though.
    I believe they're doing a version of this meme.

Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-07-08 at 08:56 AM.

You think the amount of mass shooting in the USA is proportional to the population? These stories cropping up seem so common they only make the news if the death toll breaks a record.

It's normal for us, which is all that matters when asked if the US is spiraling out of control due to recent events.
    Actually even for the US the amount of mass shootings has been increasing. Prior (Decade or so ago) it used to be a bit over one per year. We're getting to 3-4 per year now.

You've had more deaths of police officers in one night than the UK has in a decade. That's not normal, but that is the effect of allowing every man and his dog to carry military grade weaponry as if it's a BB Gun.
    The fact you can buy a Barrett M82 sniper rifle as a civilian is fucking mental.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    I believe they're doing a version of this meme.

haha yeah it seems that way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    America has like what? 320 million people?

In the UK (population 64 million) we have a high rate of violent crimes, and we had ONE police officer death in 2015. None in 2016. None in 2014. One in 2013. 3 in 2012. You get the picture.

Don't tell me that you have a normal number of police officer deaths because, no, you really don't. When violent crimes happen in America, people die.

Having a normal* crime rate is pretty irrelevant if every time you have a violent crime somebody dies.

*normal being hard to quantify as both our countries have differing definitions of what constitutes a violent crime
    Don't overlook the space either.
    Compare the size of the two.
    UK: 94,058 mi²
    US: 3.806 million mi²

So, while figures are high, your average day is a rather tranquil one as that.
    And that's true for the vast majority of those 324 million people.
    I am not blaming the media and accuse them for exaggerations. That's actually not the case.
    Instead it is more a matter of perception. You hear, and hear, and hear, and hear one thing after another, and that paints a picture of a very hostile place.
    But that is not the reality.
    I for myself, have yet to see one single person carrying a firearm. Open carry would be legal, yet I've never seen anyone doing it.
    In nearly 20 years, nada, zilch.

This all said, it doesn't mean that there isn't a desperate need to change things to the better.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."