Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I think we all hope for like 2 weeks worth of early access but will most likely be just enough to get out of the DH start area.
    The DH starting experience takes a few hours. I think out of all the wrong info in this thread you are furthest from the truth

15+ Year Old Account
    We don't even know WHEN the prep-patch hits. Following dates are possible (US dates) : July 26, August 2nd, 9, 16 or 23.

Blizzard once wrote on the preorder page that if you preordered you would be able to play Demon Hunter AT LEAST one week before release of Legion. They have removed this line though, and replaced it with players who preordered will get access to the class before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    We don't even know WHEN the prep-patch hits. Following dates are possible (US dates) : July 26, August 2nd, 9, 16 or 23.

Blizzard once wrote on the preorder page that if you preordered you would be able to play Demon Hunter AT LEAST one week before release of Legion. They have removed this line though, and replaced it with players who preordered will get access to the class before launch.
    Let me remind you the 2nd PvP Season in WoD was announced with 1 week difference, not the usual two. So the release date for the patch might still be 19th. We got the preload already, so...

Deleted

I've seen them write that DHs will be playable a week or a few weeks into pre patch. Making some of the dates you listed unviable

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I've seen them write that DHs will be playable a week or a few weeks into pre patch. Making some of the dates you listed unviable
    Really? How sow?

All dates are before August 30. We have July 8 now, out ruling anything before July 26th. They are US times for patch days.

DH won't be available right away with pre-patch, and we don't know when pre-patc hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Let me remind you the 2nd PvP Season in WoD was announced with 1 week difference, not the usual two. So the release date for the patch might still be 19th. We got the preload already, so...
    Was that not confirmed false with 1 week difference?

The thing is, they cannot be delayed that much because the Demon Invasion event has to be long so people can farm it, and there's just no point in delaying DHs after this happens.
    Everyone has other characters already to farm with though. All other new character additions you had to do any pre-patch content with your old characters as well since they didn't unlock until the actual launch day, so I'm not really buying into that argument much.

Farming the few pieces of gear it offers doesn't take that long, you can farm the transmog sets and pets on your other chars no problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was told by a blizzard CM before i pre-purchaced Legion, that you could ask for a refund the day before legion comes out and then apply your physical collectors edition code once you have it, getting most of the pre-purchace benefits, but not having to pay twice. But if your physical CE doesn't arrive early you could miss out on playing at the stroke of midnight.

But that does go against the official blue thing that if you pre-purchace Legion and also add a Physcial CE serial key you get sent a free code for the game to give to a friend, so rather than do the refund thing, I may well sell the free code to a friend who is going to buy the game anyway, for the amount I pre-purchased for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Everyone has other characters already to farm with though. All other new character additions you had to do any pre-patch content with your old characters as well since they didn't unlock until the actual launch day, so I'm not really buying into that argument much.
    Demon Hunter exclusive items, again. (HFC and the event)

Illidari faction highly involved in the event.

If they didn't plan to release them early they wouldn't have shown the Illidari so soon.

If you can explain a logical reason why the Illidari are out in the world and you can't play your pre-access version, tell me please.

And let me remind you this is the first expansion in which you've a class pre-access before the release. (You couldn't play DKs in the WotLK pre-patch, nor you could play monks in the MoP pre-patch)
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2016-07-08 at 10:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter exclusive items, again. (HFC and the event)

Illidari faction highly involved in the event.

If they didn't plan to release them early they wouldn't have shown the Illidari so soon.

If you can explain a logical reason why the Illidari are out in the world and you can't play your pre-access version, tell me please.

And let me remind you this is the first expansion in which you've a class pre-access before the release. (You couldn't play DKs in the WotLK pre-patch, nor you could play monks in the MoP pre-patch)
    the main reason is probably because Blizzard promised too much, and has been strucked by an incredible amount of bugs.

They probably thought they could make everything in time, but now has a very tight deadline to get everything to work.

The pre order page has before said that you will be able to play Demon Hunters around a week before launch, but now says:

Something had happened, and that is why they haven't told us about the pre-patch yet, and has removed the "Play DH AT LEAST one week before launch".

They also said that pre-patch would be longer than before, which is allmost impossible this time around if they need to do a two week announcement of PvP season ending.

the main reason is probably because Blizzard promised too much, and has been strucked by an incredible amount of bugs.

They probably thought they could make everything in time, but now has a very tight deadline to get everything to work.

The pre order page has before said that you will be able to play Demon Hunters around a week before launch, but now says:

Something had happened, and that is why they haven't told us about the pre-patch yet, and has removed the "Play DH AT LEAST one week before launch".

They also said that pre-patch would be longer than before, which is allmost impossible this time around if they need to do a two week announcement of PvP season ending.
    Well... that I can't tell. I played the starting DH zone in Beta and everything went fine, no bugs found and I went to the world fine as a DH... if there're other issues, that I don't know.

And the pre order listed you could play DH AT LEAST one week before the launch. That date was informative most likely.

Btw, we already got the preload. Even if they didn't announce the PvP season end before 2 weeks, let me remind you that the 2nd WoD PvP season was announced with one week, not two, as usual.

That means we could still be getting the pre-patch the 19th.

I still see no reason to delay DHs, tho.

Deleted
    Really? How sow?

All dates are before August 30. We have July 8 now, out ruling anything before July 26th. They are US times for patch days.

DH won't be available right away with pre-patch, and we don't know when pre-patc hits.

Was that not confirmed false with 1 week difference?
    I'm sorry but if you don't understand from what I said, that some of the dates you posted are invalid then no amount of explanation will

- - - Updated - - -

Well... that I can't tell. I played the starting DH zone in Beta and everything went fine, no bugs found and I went to the world fine as a DH... if there're other issues, that I don't know.

And the pre order listed you could play DH AT LEAST one week before the launch. That date was informative most likely.

Btw, we already got the preload. Even if they didn't announce the PvP season end before 2 weeks, let me remind you that the 2nd WoD PvP season was announced with one week, not two, as usual.

That means we could still be getting the pre-patch the 19th.

I still see no reason to delay DHs, tho.
    I think one problem they are facing atm releasing the lvl 100 DH is that without talents and the artifact wep it's literally a two button spec

This could deter a lot of people from trying out havoc in legion

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Eat what? "A couple of weeks after it is released...".

You take the word "couple" literally as in "two". Most people don't. They understand "some", meaning 2 minimum, but possible 3 or 4. Also, where are the multiple statements? I see one and vague as it is.

*returns hat.
    A couple is two.
    A few is three.
    Some is four.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but if you don't understand from what I said, that some of the dates you posted are invalid then no amount of explanation will
    Must suck to join a debate but not being able to explain yourself.

Deleted
    Must suck to join a debate but not being able to explain yourself.
    If DHs are being released a couple of weeks into the pre patch, the pre patch can't be only a week long. Most likely 3-4 weeks of pre patch. Definitely not 1

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Eat what? "A couple of weeks after it is released...".

You take the word "couple" literally as in "two". Most people don't. They understand "some", meaning 2 minimum, but possible 3 or 4. Also, where are the multiple statements? I see one and vague as it is.

*returns hat.
    A couple has always meant 2 and most people know and assume it to mean 2. A few can be used for 2 but usually meant for 3+ but not exceeding 5.

Yes it is, which is why you have no precedence to draw upon and literally anything could happen. Anything else is just speculation, usually controlled by hopes of players.

The DHs will definitely not be available the day the pre-patch launches, and it still seems rather unlikely that they'll even be available the day Broken Shore is made available. But we can keep arguing until that day arrives, there is no conclusive proof either way and we'll only know once it actually does happen.

Deleted
    Why is this even a discussion ? All we know is that DH will be playable before Legion is being released - we don't even know when the pre patch goes live, so we basically got ZERO FACTS to build stuff on. Not even one single date for anything, except from Legion release being 30 august.

15+ Year Old Account
    If DHs are being released a couple of weeks into the pre patch, the pre patch can't be only a week long. Most likely 3-4 weeks of pre patch. Definitely not 1
    You are not wrong, I just picked the tuesdays before Legion release where the pre-patch could come.

Blizzard did change "Play DH AT LEAST a week before launch" to "Gain early access to Demon Hunters". They have changed their statement about DH release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Pretty sure Demon Hunters have to be out at least by August 23rd? I remember them saying somewhere when I purchased that I'd have at least a week to experience demon hunters prior to the launch (Aug 30th).
    Yea, you are going to need ~1hr to complete the starting zone, then u get 6 days of double-jump-gliding around your capital city until launch

Deleted
    Blizzard did change "Play DH AT LEAST a week before launch" to "Gain early access to Demon Hunters". They have changed their statement about DH release.
    You're 100% wrong. You can see the history from November 2015 here http://web.archive.org/web/201511181...arcraft-legion and it already says "early access", with no specific time frame.